It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Low For Suicide Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
A teenage suicide bomber blew him self up at the funeral of an Afghan governor. The Governor was killed a day earlier by another suicide bomber. The governor was a former sociology professor who spent twenty year in exile in Australia. He returned to Afghanistan when the Taliban were driven out. Five policemen were killed and about thirty others were injured. Afghanistan's democratically elected president made a statement saying that Mr. Taniwal was a patriot, and a mat of both action and academic achievements, who returned from abroad to serve his nation.

www.news.com.au
The explosion ripped through a crowd as several ministers and MPs gathered for the funeral of Afghani Australian Hakim Taniwal, 61, the late governor of eastern Paktia province, at his birthplace in Hisarak village in the neighbouring province of Khost.

A former sociology professor who spent about 20 years in exile in Australia, Taniwal returned after the Taliban were ousted by US-led and Afghan resistance forces.

"It was a suicide attack carried out by a young boy around 16 to 17. We found his severed head after the blast," Khost police chief Mohammad Ayoob told AFP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The suicide bomber is no new idea to any one. This one just took on a new low. In the past it has been targeting places of business, police stations, military, government installations, even sometimes the place of worship. But now this time it was the funeral of a fallen governor. Targeting a funeral just seems to be a new low to me. Even the enemies dead deserve the treatment of the proper death ritual, when it can be done. It seems now even the funeral will have the guards and security checks.

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
news.bbc.co.uk
english.people.com.cn

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Suicide bomber support website needs donation.
NEWS: Suicide Bomber Shot At Stockwell Tube Station
Muslim Bashing rampant on ATS

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
How sad but have you every been to some of these "hoods" I know some people lost there family members by drive-by in there funeral! I'm sad to say this is no shock to me.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
How sad but have you every been to some of these "hoods" I know some people lost there family members by drive-by in there funeral! I'm sad to say this is no shock to me.

Actually I have not been knolegable on drive by shooting at funerals. But this is still something of a suprise to me, mostly because I was kind of looking at it as the last thing that might be off limits.
If they had used a rifle I might have said that one or two of the people there might have been targeted, but they used a bomb, so the only intent as I can see it is mass murder.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If I recall, funerals have been frequent attacks in sectarian warfare in Iraq.

I also recall terrorist attacks on funerals in Northern Ireland.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
If I recall, funerals have been frequent attacks in sectarian warfare in Iraq.

I also recall terrorist attacks on funerals in Northern Ireland.

Both which I had not been awar of thanks for the information
It seems I was behind the times.

new topics

top topics

join