It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What sane person...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Believes in scientology, I mean come on.

Scientologists believe that 75 million years ago an evil galactic ruler, named Xenu, solved overpopulation by bringing trillions of people to Earth in DC-8 space planes, stacking them around volcanoes and nuking them. Then the souls of these dead space aliens were captured and boxed up and taken to cinemas where they were shown films of what life should be like, false ideas containing God, the devil and Christ and told to get ill.

After that they supposedly clustered together and now inhabit our bodies. Scientologists believe that if they rid themselves of these body thetans then they will be healthier and will gain special powers like mind-over-matter.

Some Scientologists spend $360,000 for all this. None of them gain any special powers except the power to delude themselves.

What sane person would believe that? Im not religious and if I were forced to choose a religion, Scientology would not be my first choice.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I fully agree with you. Each to their own though and you can't tell people what to think or believe in, although some do try

Originally posted by Hexidecimal

What sane person would believe that?

Tom Cruise comes to mind along with John Travolta and many others.
Sad as it is, there's not much you or I can do about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ya, And im just wondering, how many people on the ATS boards believe in scientology, I just wanna know.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Hexidecimal]

Cug

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There are a few Scientologists posting here. (I think they were ex CoS and were part of an offshoot group)

Really for a non-believer most religions have their "Oh come on!" aspects. So why should Scientology be any diffrent?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Think about it... Name 3 things of Scientology that could be true, and tested with an experiment or something.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Think about it... Name 3 things of Scientology that could be true, and tested with an experiment or something.

Dude you can apply that to all religions, your not going to shake their faith and you can't test faith with science.

While I don't disagree with you, I think you're beatin' a dead horse

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Scientology is not something I have ever been interested in. I tried to read Dianetics when I was about thirteen, couldn't really get into it. Here is what I gather about scientology.... They basically believe that all of existence is inside of the mind. .....I personally do not find that to be false. After all, perception is reality. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All im saying is that most religions at least have something of credibility too them. Scientology is, just nothing. I mean, L. Ron Hubbard founded it. He's a science fiction writer. So, by common knowledge...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Its real, i have met xenu.. Conversation over.. Next question?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

All im saying is that most religions at least have something of credibility too them. Scientology is, just nothing. I mean, L. Ron Hubbard founded it. He's a science fiction writer. So, by common knowledge...

Hmm, i don't see how the analysis you are applying to scientology doesn't apply to 'most religions'.

What is your criteria for religious credibility? To me they're all equally ludicrous.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by glastonaut

Hmm, i don't see how the analysis you are applying to scientology doesn't apply to 'most religions'.

What is your criteria for religious credibility? To me they're all equally ludicrous.

If the original poster is religious in any way, this post is a joke.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Im not religious, but if you think about it, Scientology seems like Science fiction.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Im not religious, but if you think about it, Scientology seems like Science fiction.

Thats because it IS science fiction! L. Ron Hubbard was a Science fiction writer and some people happened to take him a little to serious. Now, Scientology is nothing but a rich mans church and the people that join it don't give a damn about the beliefs of the chruch. It's just a fad. It will pass.
And please, anyone who says otherwise, speak up.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Theres nothing in scientology that is any more silly than any other religion out there. Xenu and body thetans is about as silly as cannabalistic worship of Zombie Jews, reincarnation, sky-fathers, nirvana or anything along those lines.

top topics

join