It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$17 Million For Baby Bigfoot? ( You Be The Judge )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have been following this story for a few days ever since it first appeared at
Cryptomundo.com a few days ago.

Loren Coleman has an update today at the above link posted . Could this be true?

Just thought I would share with all here. If true this would truly be a great discovery.

The guy claims to be a policeman and killed the mother Yarwen (he calls it ) but handcuffed and brought the baby home.

September 1, 2006: Email reveals to Loren Coleman that two Bigfoot are allegedly confronted in “north woods of Maine” at “dawn on Friday.” One that is said to be 8.5 ft tall with orange-brown hair is killed and buried. Another one called a “cub” - said to be 3.5 tall, weighing 121.5 pounds, and docile - is captured. Informant, “dominick perez” says this is “no hoax.”

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why would he bury the adult? Or even kill it for that matter? I guess greed and no feeling for the value of life.

However, I don't believe a word and think this guy is just fishing for a bankroll to run off with. Why else would he keep contacting people that turned him down?

Where is he keeping it and don't tell me his neighbors wouldn't have known something was amiss.

This is laughable! It's been going on for weeks now and not even one picture to peak interest of perspective buyers.

This guy has nothing!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"Yeah, and if promises were horses we'd all be eatin' steak."-Jayne

I think this guy is pulling their leg. Not a chance it's real. Read the guy's emails again and you'll realize that all of the language he uses is try to get Coleman and his group to make a hurried decision.
If the guy had been real he would have understood Loren's hesitiation instead of trying to hurry decisions. And after he 'sells' the Bigfoot, he contacts Loren again, and tries to make him doubt his decision, and if this dude had been successful then Loren would have made a final offer ABOVE 17 Mill.

Sounds like a scam to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just wanted to highlight a few key points from the story and emails for us to consider while we wait to see if the promised 10 minute video does show up in a week.

From the story:

August 28, 2005: The “General Hunting Season” for Bear in the State of Maine opens and runs through November 25, 2006. Hunters are allowed “one bear” per season, with a license.

If the story has any truth at all I have always said that this is probably how one will be shot if they exist and a good reason for the hunter to be there. If they are as human looking as several eye wittnesses have claimed this would be a good reason he buried the adult after realizing what he had actually shot was not a bear.

One that is said to be 8.5 ft tall with orange-brown hair is killed and buried. Another one called a “cub” - said to be 3.5 tall, weighing 121.5 pounds, and docile - is captured.

Would it be possible to handcuff a cub in the back of a truck to a roll bar that size mentioned and not be seen or heard on the way home? Possibly has a camper cover or inside a SUV?
He then contacts Loren Coleman and asks for money. $100,000 for photos of the cub and more than a million for the ownership of the cub and 10% of that going to Coleman as agent. If you had what this man claims would this be a logical thing to do? Coleman after many emails back and forth thinks hoax.

Sasquatch detective Steve Kulls discovers that “perez” who says that is not his name actually has an email address that is owned by “Dominick J Perez, 9 Martin Street, Paterson, NJ,”

Any ATSer's close to there that could possibly check this out?
After being emailed again by Mr. Krull:

yes indeed i have the beast in my possession…if a woman can sell a piece of grilled cheese in the image of the virgin mary for thousands imagine what this is worth. my fee for viewing the creature and photographs is $100,000….we can sell that but the cub is going nowhere for less than 10 million.”

What would you do?

i risked my life to capture this thing not you. i cannot believe this. i would think that you would be jumping through hoops at the prospect of being able to validate your research. would you like me to mail you a hair sample that you can have tested?”

I hope this at least does happen.

September 6, 2006: Perez emails “New Jersey B” - “i found one of you competitors who was wise enough to take me up on my generous my offer. he has seen the creature (he actually fainted!), a 10 minute video has been made and you will see a huge announcement in the coming days. you blew it.

If this does indeed happen I guess each of us and the world will be in shock.

sold..to a mystery bidder for 17 million. you could of had 1.7 mil! anyway, the body of an adult is buried on the northermost banks of the royal river. wanna go a diggin’?”

He has given to Coleman and others quite a bit of info to investigate so I am sure we have not heard the end of this yet. The only reason I wanted to hightlight these quotes was for the ones coming here that might not take the time to read the entire story and to preserve the information here if the report does turn out to be true.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorry dude, if they killed a bigfoot, they wouldn't bury it. They would autopsy, study bone structure, all kinds of scientific stuff. They would keep both specimens. One live and one dead.

That buried the story for me.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This story sounds all too familiar. Was it about a year ago when someone else caught Bigfoot?

Here's what I feel is wrong about the whole story:
1. The use of the word "Yarwen"... Why use such an unknown word? Why does the word have vague links to Dungeons and Dragons and/or Star Wars? No one has definite knowledge of the word...

"i am aware of the million dollar reward for the capture of one of these creatures but that is not enough money for me."

How can you trust a person that's this greedy?
3. The Yarwen was shot on 31 August. Deer hunting season starts end of September. Small game hunting starts October-November. Wild Turkey starts end October. Trapping starts November. Bear hunting starts 28 August.
More
What was he doing "camping" with a rifle? Hunting bears or something illegal? Not to forget the handcuffs...!?
4. Loren Coleman is contacted within a day of the "capture"... Sounds like this guy new what he was going to do? Why not immediately try and sell it on eBay if he's interested in money? Why approach someone on the forefront of Cryptozoology?
5. He wants $100,000 from Coleman if Coleman wants to come and take pictures. Yet he offers Coleman 10% of $10,000,000 when he sells the Bigfoot on eBay... This doesn't make sense!?

“i’ll tell you what… look on ebay in about a week and you will see a live video. i will give the exclusive story to one of your competitors..[and]…check ebay periodically and you will have all the photo evidence you need. this ends my communications with you.”

This sounds a lot like blackmail to me...

"you losers profess to be cryptozoological investigators but you’re naught but a bunch of frauds. no wonder people think you are a bunch of [deleted profanity] nuts. you aren’t even intelligent enough to cash in on a sure thing."

Sounds like someone needs some anger management classes?

to answer your last question, i drove the thing all the way home in the back of my truck handcuffed to the roll bar.

He drove all the way with a baby Bigfoot cuffed to the back of his truck, and no one notice it?

My opinion/prediction: Hoax. There will be some extravagant story about how the baby Bigfoot escaped, with no remaining proof that the Bigfoot ever existed. The "dead Bigfoot mother's" body will also be gone...

Let's hope I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It's a pile of BS, if he really had this thing captured, he would go to the News and it would be all over the World, plus the Government wouldn't let him sell the thing they'd just come and take it off him.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ANd no one would let him bury the body. That would be like finding elvis recently deceased in your bathroom and quickly burying him. No way weekly world news would let him get away with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Offering the hair for analysis is pretty crafty and stupid at the same time. He knows many hair samples come back inconclusive but of course Loren knows this also.

Also, the way he describes it, he was in a "confrontation" with the adult when he shot it. So, there was no mistaking it for a bear. If he had any brains he would have said just that in his laugh riot story. Also, he must have had a backhoe handy or it would have taken him hours upon hours to bury an adult BF. Another point, if I were a momma BF, I would definitely teach my young'un to stay away from humans and to call out when in distress but this one just does what the guy want it to do. Plus the fact that it would probably be at least twice his strength.

Just goes to show you, if you want to bilk people out of money, first you have to be smarter than this guy and second you have to be smarter than the people you're trying to bilk.

Forgive me for going on and on but this one just gets me.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
We at least got him to respond to Loren Coleman check out what happened last night.

Cryptomundo.com

the article was funny, although the owner of [deleted] didn’t appreciate one of your lunatic readers blaring his car horn at 2 am and demanding to see the bigfoot for a half hour. i haven’t lived there in years the police were finally called and he’s won an all expense paid trip to the local jail.

wether your readers believe or not is irrelevant. a wealthy individual now owns the beast, and i’m on easy street. if he chooses to exhibit it that’s on him. thanks for the free publicity!

p.s. someone on your site posted a comment that i am promoting a fraudulent insurance scam. if the moron would have actually read our website he would see that our products are provided by some of the best known companies in the industry. but considering the intelligence level of the average visitor to your site, judging by the [deleted] from last night, i doubt they would be able to understand any of it anyway!

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Harry55]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harry55
We at least got him to respond to Loren Coleman check out what happened last night.

although the owner of [deleted] didn’t appreciate one of your lunatic readers blaring his car horn at 2 am and demanding to see the bigfoot for a half hour. i haven’t lived there in years the police were finally called and he’s won an all expense paid trip to the local jail.

Riiiiight. If he doesn't live at that address anymore, what was he doing around there at 2 AM to see the "lunatic reader" get arrested? This guy is so full of BS it's not even funny.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
My favorite quote:

Ahh, it’s stories like these that renew my lack of faith in humanity…

Bravo to all that posted tirelessly here and at cryptomundo to expose this charlatan!

Hey! What the hel....is that a baby bigfoot!?! Oohh! *puts hand on chest* It's just my wife....

top topics

join