It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To SkepticOverlord & The Gang

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Beautiful to watch...The Introduction was touching,
Deep in thought 'Avatar',......The title of this post ''Skeptic Overlord and the Gang''
Thanks!
Prayers and thoughts go out to all those that families and friends of 9/11.....
It makes one happy to be part of a forum that brings all people together.....to remember .....

helen

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Thanks for the coments everyone.

But really, it was a group effort. We discussed several versions and rough drafts of the tribute animation in the staff forum for several days, it there is no way it would have come close to how it turned out without the help of the moderators.

I felt like the right thing to do... and judging by the reaction, certainly was.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Just watched it again, just as moving as before; all day long there have been various remeberances of September 11, 2001, this one is still amongst the best and...'nough said. Well done...

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Odium said it all for me already. A fitting memorial from ATS. Thank You.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Very touching,
I was in school when i watched this and had a tear coming down,
This is the best tastefull tribute I have seen all day,
This is the reason why I am proud to wear my ATS shirt.

I am proud to be a member of such a forum.

TRw

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
S.O., Simon & Springer:

Thank you so very much for confiming for me why it is that I keep coming back to this community. A very touching and heart-felt tribute to those who were lost on that day that no one here will ever forget. Also, the art work was phenomenal.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Thank you - for reminding me about what is truly important!

I avoided television today - and even internet news sites.

And then just before turning my computer off for the evening, I decided to check ATS.........

*sigh*

My heartfelt appreciation for reminding me - in such a powerful way - what is truly important. I am proud to participate in this forum!

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
STANDING OVATION You Guys!

This is just one of the many reasons I am PROUD to be just a small part of the ATS FAMILY!

Peace!

Dave

[edit on 9/12/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Thank you very much for that, SO et. al. That was very touching and a very appropriate reminder of who should be remembered today.

I concur with everyone here when I say well done on the flash presentation.

However, why do we all just remember them on September 11th? Since when is this the only day that we feel the need to make special recognition to those that sacrificed it all for Freedom? Shouldn't they always be getting praise from those of us that were spared from death, save for their swift actions as a united group.

I, for one, am always, every single day, thinking of those that lost their lives doing what they usually do, and that's what makes it hit so close to home. They were doing what you and I do everyday; they were going to work, when their lives were shattered and destroyed. I understand anniversaries and all, but could we have one for good things, rather than evil ones? Why is it that we like to memorialize these moments of evil?

I just ask that the next time that you all are going to work, or are at work, just remember, remember that there are a lot of people that were, are, and will be less fortunate than you ever will be. And also be thankful that you have what you do. Take stock in knowing that you've been given the gift of a lifetime; life.

ATS, I, TheBorg, commemorate EVERYDAY as a day of memory to those that died on September the 11th, 2001, and I hope that all of you will stand beside me in a moment of silence everyday, if for no more than a minute. Those minutes, everyday, will add up over time. Those people, OUR people, deserve nothing less than the best.

For Free people everywhere, I love you.

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To the point, dignified and respectful.

IMO a fine example of how to do it right.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
When they did this, did the site actually go down for 15285 seconds?

I am curious cause that's like 250+ minutes. over 4 hrs.

I wasn't on cause I was in NYC its a question that i wonder about.

Anyway Nice touch guys really cool.

[edit on 9/13/2006 by ThichHeaded]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join