It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bizarre 9/11 conspiracy theory - You won't believe it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It is now. Early versions of the software (early meaning late 1990s) had problems with bad videos and other video problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A camera isnt going to prevent the theft of nuclear launch codes or weapons storage site lists. So why spend the resources on them? Only a well-trained security force on patrol will protect the secrets...a force which the Pentagon has. However, that force is of little use against an aerial attack.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If you're talking photoshop (2D) and grainy video screen captures, then you might as well forget it.

But if you're talking dedicated 3D biometric software, then it could be valid, but even then if the captures are of as low quality as the image presented, then it's still going to have problems pinpointing facial features accurately. In the lecture I saw given by Prof Jones, he used what looked like very amateur analyses, similar to my effort:

The photo on the left is the official White House pic of the POTUS. On the right is a press photo. I'm not sure about you, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the right is an imposter.

All jokes aside, you need to provide a link to the analysis for the discussion to have any further merit.

[edit on 2006-9-11 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
A camera isnt going to prevent the theft of nuclear launch codes or weapons storage site lists. So why spend the resources on them?

Of course you are correct. I sure am glad that the pentagon is so thrifty, and avoids unnessesary and wastful expenditures.

kix

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
My favorite piece:
Finding Mohameds Atta Passport amongs the debris of WTC... proving beyond any doubt he was in the plane and one of the terrorists.

Consider.

Passport? what for?, it was a domestic flight...
Passport made of Kevlar? did not know the saudis had such and advanced technology
Passport survives huge explosion that melts steel and colapses towers but NO problem with this paper

Those Saudis are really smart people!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Originally posted by Valhall
Because one of them is real and one's Memorex. Which one said he did it?

I've since seen clearer shots taken from that video and it does appear to be the original OBL. From the same tape:

The capture image from that footage we often see compared is an extremely low quality image:

Also we don't ever see OBL smiling/laughing except in this tape, so there's naught for comparison.

i'm sorry, but there is no way that is the same guy, poor quality or not. the nose of the real bin laden is not just straight and narrow, but also does not indent at the eyes, the whole edge of the shaft of his nose is flush with his forehead. fatty bin ladden has an indent, a shorther nose, a wider face, fatter cheeks, and, as you said, he's SMILING. find more pictures of bin laden smiling. they are rare.
the real bin laden DENIED RESPONSIBILITY(i'll shout if i like, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!), and blamed factions within AMERICA.

the fact that spider hole saddam is not real saddam is further evidence of a pattern of fake propoganda doubles being used to sway public opinion.

the latest 'al queda' video is no different. the 'new' bin laden, once again, has an indent at the top of his nose, unlike the long, arrow straight, flush with forehead, real bin laden's nose.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If you're talking photoshop (2D) and grainy video screen captures, then you might as well forget it.

But if you're talking dedicated 3D biometric software, then it could be valid, but even then if the captures are of as low quality as the image presented, then it's still going to have problems pinpointing facial features accurately. In the lecture I saw given by Prof Jones, he used what looked like very amateur analyses, similar to my effort:

The photo on the left is the official White House pic of the POTUS. On the right is a press photo. I'm not sure about you, but I'm pretty sure the guy on the right is an imposter.

All jokes aside, you need to provide a link to the analysis for the discussion to have any further merit.

Is it possible that Bush has a double?

After all, other republican's have doubles.

Congressmen Tom Tancredo of Colorado and Iowa's Steve King are two outspoken Republicans often seen speaking on the floor of the House of Representatives. They also bear a striking enough resemblance to each other that they have confused reporters, other members of Congress and even their own wives.

Rep. Steve King (R-IA)

Tom Tancredo, a Republican congressman from Colorado

"I've always wondered if he's ever given an interview as Tom Tancredo," the Colorado congressman says. "I know I've given plenty as Steve King."

Tancredo is joking, but both men admit they've given several interviews to reporters who appear unsure about which politician they're talking to. This could be a big problem, if not for the fact that King and Tancredo -- both Republicans -- are in almost total agreement on all issues.

www.npr.org...

[edit on 12-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I just finished reading the Mitrokin Archives which were written in book form as "The Sword and the Shield" and "The World Was Going Our Way" (search Amazon or Barnes & Noble). It's an interesting history about a former KGB archivist who managed to smuggle out information for decades.

One intriguing thing the books report is that the KGB had a very active disinformation section that would fabricate phony "news" stories (like the notion that the CIA invented the AIDS virus to kill Africans or that the CIA flew coc aine into the US, etc.). The main task of this section and its agents was to create mistrust between a government and its people.

I wonder if the successor to the KGB is actively promoting the "9/11 was a hoax" idea?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arctaurus26us
I wonder if the successor to the KGB is actively promoting the "9/11 was a hoax" idea?

i give you, ...THE WISDOM OF AGES!!!!!! ......... :

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Vizzini: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You've made your decision then?
Vizzini: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Man in Black: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Vizzini: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
Man in Black: Australia.
Vizzini: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're just stalling now.
Vizzini: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Man in Black: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Vizzini: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Man in Black: Then make your choice.
Vizzini: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Vizzini: [Vizzini gestures up and away from the table. Roberts looks. Vizzini swaps the goblets]
Man in Black: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Vizzini: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter.First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
Man in Black, Vizzini: [they drink ]
Man in Black: You guessed wrong.
Vizzini: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
Vizzini: [Vizzini stops suddenly, and falls dead to the right]
Buttercup: And to think, all that time it was your cup that was poisoned.
Man in Black: They were both poisoned. I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
And then, when the WTC towers fell they killed the FBI agent who had been considered the number one tracker of Osama bin Laden ... he knew some one was out to ruin his career in the FBI!

WELL...just as soon as he retired he took a job - JUST DAYS BEFORE THE ATTACK - as the HEAD of security for the World Trade Center complex where he ended up dead from the September 11 attack, but was one of those rare victims who had his body recovered!

archives.cnn.com...

www.pbs.org...

www.pbs.org...

www.newyorker.com...

Who Killed John O'Neill?

We have only the government's version of what happened next. O'Neill is reported to have called FBI headquarters, and then re-entered one of the towers to help others. The official story is that O'Neill was inside when the buildings collapsed.

How convenient for the Bush administration that Mr. O'Neill would not only die in the attack, but also that he would make such a call. Not only was the Bush administration's most dangerous critic forever silenced, but he also provided the administration the perfect story to explain his death.

www.hereinreality.com...

At one point, he was on his cell phone and he was having trouble with the reception and started walking away. I said, 'I'll catch up with you later.' "

Wong last saw O'Neill walking toward the tunnel leading to the second tower.

www.newyorker.com...

History of Terrorism, al Qaeda connection to CIA - Who killed John O'Neill?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The FBI's top intelligence expert on Osama Bin Ladin, just happens to accept a job as head of security at the world trade centers a couple of days before 9/11, after he retires from the FBI, due to a looming scandel.

After the planes impact the buildings, he talks with another FBI agent who had known him for 20 years. He races off into the world trade centers, never to be seen alive again, before the first building collapses, and is found dead in the rubble of the second building that fell.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I was stationed in Arizona at a military facility to be unnamed when 911 happened. We just received a bad grade for security of the munitions storage area because we had insufficient lighting within the MSA. The $1.5 million project for lighting was so far down the base's construction priorty list that this was a repeat offense for the base on a 5-year DOD inspection cycle. It took a priorty order from command HQ to tell the base commander to fix this security shortfall. He didn't get his pet base beautification project that year. So if the Pentagon has old security cameras,it doesn't surprise me one bit. From my enlistedman's viewpoint, the higher ups are/were always more concerned with appearances then functionality. We called it polishing the turds and doing the dog and pony show for VIP's. I'll bet that the Pentagon's security surveilance budget is far less than its (cosmetic) facilities maintainence budget on a per annum basis. If the public at large had a close look at the scope of waste and political corruption in the acquisition process for military equipment, they would completely turn out both houses of Congress.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by crgintx...the higher ups are/were always more concerned with appearances then functionality.

I'll bet that the Pentagon's security surveilance budget is far less than its (cosmetic) facilities maintainence budget on a per annum basis. If the public at large had a close look at the scope of waste and political corruption in the acquisition process for military equipment, they would completely turn out both houses of Congress.

So a crack team of islamic commando's wielding razor knives, has proved to be a more powerful force than all of the shiny tanks, planes and ships of the US military?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

A Lockheed C-130H HERCULES was also present. According to the pilots account, he followed the 757 until it struck the pentagon at which point he was ordered to leave. He then claims that he saw the wreckage of the downed flight in PA after leaving Washington to land. This was later changed, he said he actually saw the plane moving around violently in the air before crashing. Very strange how this gun ship and electronic warfare device was apparently at two of the four crashes.

"They told us to turn and follow that aircraft _ in 20-plus years of flying, I've never been asked to do something like that. With all of the East Coast haze, I had a hard time picking him out. " - Minneapolis Star-Tribune September 11, 2002:

This is the stuff they will never explain.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Wasn't this video taken by a film crew in arlington national cememtary?

I was just looking at this a few days ago, now I can't find it.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

So a crack team of islamic commando's wielding razor knives, has proved to be a more powerful force than all of the shiny tanks, planes and ships of the US military?

Wait a minute now, they didn't go up against bright shiny tanks, and ships. BUT, the guys who took out the bright shiny ship were some of their angry cousins in a rubber blow-up boat with an outboard motor! *

[edit on 9-12-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

A Lockheed C-130H HERCULES was also present. According to the pilots account, he followed the 757 until it struck the pentagon at which point he was ordered to leave. He then claims that he saw the wreckage of the downed flight in PA after leaving Washington to land. This was later changed, he said he actually saw the plane moving around violently in the air before crashing. Very strange how this gun ship and electronic warfare device was apparently at two of the four crashes.

"They told us to turn and follow that aircraft _ in 20-plus years of flying, I've never been asked to do something like that. With all of the East Coast haze, I had a hard time picking him out. " - Minneapolis Star-Tribune September 11, 2002:

Except it WASN'T a gunship OR electronic warfare device (they're two competely seperate airframes to begin with), and he was almost hit by flight 77, and "followed" it for a minute or two before it impacted.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Woa - one error, Zaph. While the gunship is an entirely different airframe, the electronic warfare EC130-H is NOT. A C130-H can be retrofitted to become an EC-130-H...no, more correctly they HAVE BEEN modified to become EC130-H's.

Also, where did you get the info on this C130 almost being hit by Flight 77. I've never read that anywhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The C-130 can be modified into an EC, but the EC airframe (Volant Solo, Commando Solo, Rivet Raider, etc) were custom built non-standard C-130s covered with antennas, with several built into the airframe near the tail.

There was an interview with the pilot that I remember reading where he said Flight 77 was very close to them initially, and reported they were approximately 1 1/2-2 miles away. Yeah, maybe not "almost hit" but pretty close for comfort, and it filled their windscreen, so I consider that pretty darned close.

"When we took off, we headed north and west and had a beautiful view of the Mall," he said. "I noticed this airplane up and to the left of us, at 10 o'clock. He was descending to our altitude, four miles away or so. That's awful close, so I was surprised he wasn't calling out to us.
"It was like coming up to an intersection. When air traffic control asked me if we had him in sight, I told him that was an understatement - by then, he had pretty much filled our windscreen. Then he made a pretty aggressive turn so he was moving right in front of us, a mile and a half, two miles away. I said we had him in sight, then the controller asked me what kind of plane it was.
"That caught us up, because normally they have all that information. The controller didn't seem to know anything."
O'Brien reported that the plane was either a 757 or 767 and its silver fuselage meant it was probably an American Airlines jet. "They told us to turn and follow that aircraft - in 20-plus years of flying, I've never been asked to do something like that. With all of the East Coast haze, I had a hard time picking him out.

thewebfairy.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
To Tone:

The autopsies showed no middle easteners on board. How do you figure there were 19 hijackers??

Lol...I never said all 19 were middle eastern....you know me better than that tempe...

I just said that there were 19 hijackers....as to what the bloodline of those individuals are? And who they were truly working for? Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
How about this one?

Bin Laden was contacted by the Bush administration and told that as a CIA operative, he had work to do-
He rounded up his best men to go on a mission that would make them martyrs and financially take care of their families...

The rest is history.

After your flareup awhile ago at one of my posts, I'd almost decided that responding to them is more trouble than the rsutls are worth, but this time you got me.

How about this one, Bush had the towers blown up and benefitted how? You are clearly saying he is a mass murderer...a callous inhuman monster that in your world damaged the CENTER of the world's trade, shut down the stock market, cost America umpteen trillions in losses, not to mention the lives lost in the towers. All this for ??????

Come on, you must have a theory about how it put money in his pocket or satisfied a horrendous need for drama in his life or SOME KIND of truly huge payoff.

You must know him better than just about anyone, since you are so ready to brand him for a horrible TERRORIST act against his own country, (and since he is a Texan, you may be sure he sees America as the country of his past, present and future, as do most all Texans and a great many Americans despite people who post such ridiculous conspiracy theories.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join