It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALP calls for sacking of Network executive!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Funny coming from the 'Left wing' party in Australia. You hear so much about the Howard government and their extreme Terror laws that are 'robbing Australians of their civil liberties', when really its LABOR who are more interested in controlling what we see and hear on the news...

LABOR MP Michael Danby wants Channel 10's programming director sacked after the TV station screened a documentary which floated conspiracy theories about the September 11 attacks.

Full story

edit: Just realised that i have posted this in the wrong forum.. Could the mods please move this to "Other Global Politcs". Thanks!

[edit on 11-9-2006 by Ezekiel]

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I remember seeing this in the Australian newspaper's editorial section and couldn't believe what I was reading.

How this MP can construe efforts to find out exactly what occured on 9/11 as sullying and disrespecting the memory of those who died on 9/11 is beyond my comprehension.

Where do you draw the line at such logic? It's like the Pope saying it was God's will that 9/11 occured and for the NIST and Congress to investigate those events is sullying and disrespecting the memory of those who died.

There should be no line drawn in investigation for all investigations attempt to find the truth and the truth can never sully the memory of the innocent. It's just a contradiction in terms and the only disrespect I can see is that some politician is seeking to stymie freedom of the press in Australia.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
How this MP can construe efforts to find out exactly what occured on 9/11 as sullying and disrespecting the memory of those who died on 9/11 is beyond my comprehension.

Yeah its unbelievable isnt it.

There should be no line drawn in investigation for all investigations attempt to find the truth and the truth can never sully the memory of the innocent. It's just a contradiction in terms and the only disrespect I can see is that some politician is seeking to stymie freedom of the press in Australia.

I agree wholeheartedly and I would think that looking at all angles of a situation in search of the truth would be the most respectful thing that you could do to honor the memory of those that died. AS long as the investigation is carried out in a respectful way.

join