It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

big sage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
what happened? i saw a reply by big sage. and now it's gone? why?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This happens when a member is on "Global Ignore". Other members will not be able to read his posts during that period.

Part of the ATS behavior modification program. It is more modelled on Skinner than Bandura or Pavlov, and it seems to work OK for some folk... !

Hi bigsage!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
What did he do to get that to happen? How long will that be in affect?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
never even knew there was a member called Big Sage.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
like prision changes people other than making them worse...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Behavior modification??? That sounds like something the government might be involved in..not here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Those are just big words Tracer. They have no real value here at ATS. It just means that he was bieng a pest and he was put on ignore so his posts could be evaluated
Its a cyber time out.

Mark

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
what was his 'crime', if i may be so bold? i would like to avoid the dread 'global ignore' button.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
what was his 'crime', if i may be so bold? i would like to avoid the dread 'global ignore' button.

I think it would be best to wait till the "global ignore" is over and then let BigSage himself tell us.

Hi BigSage.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Probably disagreed with a mod....

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
We all have IGNORE buttons.......I see no need for someone else to decide for me that I need to ignore someones posts. I read alot of "BigSages" posts and he (in my opinion) didn't deserve to be silenced. I agree with alot of what he says. He was attacked by many people that were not shut up like he was, he just called it like it is...... I was under the impression that this site was totally against this sort of thing seems that he could be called all kinds of names, ridiculed, made fun of for spelling, but when he faught against the MACHINE he got silenced. So if you are reading Big sage, Some of us want to hear your opinion, post unser a different name....the smart ones will realise who you are..........he was put on global ignore because he had the Ballz to say what most won't.
Where are your ballz?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Why lock the threads? Who are you to decide what we should hear or see on a sight about s#%t like this? You are just like the Govt. Deciding who says what and who should be heard. Who did he hurt stating his position about the agents? There was no reason for him to be silenced or the thread to be locked?.......He proved a point and very well I must say (hats off to you). This site censored him........why? cause they didn't agree? well how American is that? You don't want to hear someone so you shut them up with a button.....guess I'm next.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by baked]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Probably disagreed with a mod....

...yes...most likely...after all, it wouldn't have been due to his repeatedly abusing other members and escalating argumentative behaviour...no...that would be far too understandable...

Originally posted by baked
Why lock the threads? Who are you to decide what we should hear or see on a sight about s#%t like this? You are just like the Govt. Deciding who says what and who should be heard. Who did he hurt stating his position about the agents? There was no reason for him to be silenced or the thread to be locked?.......He proved a point and very well I must say (hats off to you). This site censored him........why? cause they didn't agree? well how American is that? You don't want to hear someone so you shut them up with a button.....guess I'm next.

Why lock the threads?
Threads that are descending into nothing more than circular arguments, that are rapidly becoming flame-wars, that have served their purpose, that have been 'flagged' by numerous other members who have frankly had a gutsful of it...well, naughty us Mods, we tend to lock those. Could just as easily delete them too...now that would really cause a big tanty.

Who are you to decide what we should hear or see on a sight about s#%t like this?
Ummm...we're Staff on this site...oppsie, I hear you now, "HE'S POWERTRIPPING!!!!!" No...its a simple fact, you ask us who WE are to do this...umm, those who run THIS site.

You are just like the Govt. Deciding who says what and who should be heard. Who did he hurt stating his position about the agents? There was no reason for him to be silenced or the thread to be locked?
The thread was locked not due to his stating his case about any 'agents', it was locked due to his abuse of other members and other reasons outlined in my answer to 'Why lock the threads?'

This site censored him........why? cause they didn't agree? well how American is that?
No...as answered...this site censored him due to his breaching of the Terms and Conditions of being on this site...a major one of them is keep your flames and abuse to yourself. Also, the webmaster who OWNS this site is not American, many of those who Moderate this site are not American, many members of this site are not American...this site is NOT America...

You don't want to hear someone so you shut them up with a button.....guess I'm next.
Oh quit being so dramatic. There have been enough martyrs recently. If you have issue with this site, then:

A) Avail yourself of the Complaint link at the top of the page and lodge a complaint.
B) Avail yourself of the red X at the top right-hand corner of the web-browser...no one is forcing you to stay...you are an adult an as such have the right to come or go as you please.

...now...I see Big Sage has replied...hello, he's back...perhaps u2u HIM for answers...

*Thread Locked*

new topics

top topics

join