It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameras on alot of intersections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In Catonsville MD and other counties in Baltimore Maryland. Ive noticed they are putting cameras on every intersection.

Before 911 they started taking down street lamp wires and replacing the wires with poles. On every pole theres a camera. What are these cameras for. No one has said. No one questions them. A few years earlier I noticed them in Virginia Beach. SO this has been going on the last 5-10 years.

Point is I think everyone knows what these cameras are for. The couldnt possibley be traffic cameras because people call in traffic problems. Their not pointed at intersections but in traffic lanes.

If they were traffic cameras they would be pointed at intersections. I belive they will be integreted into some kind of traffic monitoring system that will track cars from one place to another.

This web page has all the cameras listed with links to the actual feed. From what I been reading tonight. Its typical for them to run the feed over the internet.

www.dpwt.com...

www.dpwt.com...

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by websuspect]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
is it osama?
is it us?
is it lizzies(yea right)?
is it the father of all creation(for their sake they better hope not)?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am in the digital surveillance business, you would be very surprised to know where cameras are being installed these days.

Are the cameras on the poles you mention in a city or a neighborhood? They are putting them in some cities in trouble areas to try and prevent crime and drugs but many see it as an invasion of privacy. I'm a bit torn on the issue, if they deter crime then that could be a good thing but it's still disturbing to know your every move is being digitally recorded. Some say if you're not doing anything wrong then why worry, but that's really not the point.

Many schools, businesses, and even some residences have surveillance systems, will there come a day when almost anywhere you go you will be on camera? Scary thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
There everywhere. In one country I listed. I found public records of 200 "traffic cameras, where there is very little crime.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
gee. maybe i'll write a book about it. i think i'll call it 1984. i'll have slogans like love is hate, war is peace, and whatnot. the leader(who i think i'll call'big brother'), will give speaches, which are mandatory to listen to. they will be hate speaches. two minutes of hate. i think i'll call the illusory bad guy osama. the ministry of truth will spread lies. the ministry of peace will cause war. the ministry of justice will be corrupt and the ministry of love will be a torture chamber. there will be thought crime and sex crime. cameras EVERYWHERE.
i have nothing to hide. idiots.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
we have traffic cameras here, i think people think they can drive fast by them and not get seen haha people don't really give a crap as far as i can see, but this is canada, people don't give a crap it seems

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There are a few cameras in the neighboring city, they are mostly for people that want to stay indoors during snow storms so they can see how it looks in town.

If they are to be used to track cars, then why not use a tracking device, or what if the people driving the car have a very powerful electromagnet in the trunk?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Tracking devices on cars.

If the government put tracking devices on cars.

1. People would find them and remove them.
2. People like me drive very old cars.
3. People build cars.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A guy in my band's dad lives in Arizona in Tempe and went to visit. He borrowed his dad's car to go drive around and ended up running a red light but didn't think much of it. A few days later he was sent a ticket in the mail with a picture of him picking his nose while running the light verifying that it was him. So I'd say in some cases they're for traffic violations...

As far as tracking devices go, what about Onstar and things like that? I've been seeing commercials on TV, I don't remember what company it was for. But this person got in a wreck and they knew about it and they called the lady apparently to let her know that they had called the police. Dunno if that's a real situation. I think there was also one about locating a stolen vehicle through its GPS thing, so I'd say it's already here for those with navagation systems and what-not.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I agree it's not the point. I think everyone has the right to privacy. Not including people in prison or similar circumstances. If they put those camera's in politicians neighborhoods I bet they'd find 10x more crime than in the worst part of any neighborhood.

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I am in the digital surveillance business, you would be very surprised to know where cameras are being installed these days.

Are the cameras on the poles you mention in a city or a neighborhood? They are putting them in some cities in trouble areas to try and prevent crime and drugs but many see it as an invasion of privacy. I'm a bit torn on the issue, if they deter crime then that could be a good thing but it's still disturbing to know your every move is being digitally recorded. Some say if you're not doing anything wrong then why worry, but that's really not the point.

Many schools, businesses, and even some residences have surveillance systems, will there come a day when almost anywhere you go you will be on camera? Scary thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
These arent red light cameras. WE have those already. I think this is part of something much bigger.

The word is this could possibley be part of a national tracking system.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
We have loads of these over here (assuming they're the same thing). Most are erected in accident black-spot areas, others I believe are part of the new registration/tax-disc recognition system the Police are introducing.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The All Seeing Eye.

top topics

join