It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superb aircraft pictures - Awesome web site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Im not posting this because im involved with the web site, im posting this because if people have a liking to aviation, then this web site has some of the most awesome pictures of aircraft from around the world in flight.

Theres over 8,000 + Pictures from forces world wide, and its a great place to have a look at some of the more interesting camouflage schemes given to aircraft world wide.

Heres the home page:

www.steehouwer.com...

and for ultra low level Swiss action in the Alps, have a look at this beauty!

www.airshowaction.com...

Enjoy, for i know it kept me transfixed for an hour or so!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Not bad, but I prefer www.airliners.net.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Enjoy, for i know it kept me transfixed for an hour or so!

Oh my god, these pictures looked so stunning, and I am definely am going to start collecting pictures from these website! Thank you very much!

Chaoic out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - big quote

[edit on 10-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
DK, you got my vote, very good post. I love these pictures, especially Hawks aerobatic pics!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey DK, what is that icon pic of that white jet you have on your own bar? I'm really curious about that. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I used to play counter strike for a clan a long time ago, and this was a chinese friends spray. (It was also in his blog - Thats where the article was) Now I kept it as it moved into CSS (Counter Strike Source), and decided to use it as my avatar.

The story behind it is that the Chinese complained about over flights on the Chinese nuke plants in the North, and this is one of their 'proof' photos of the said US over flights. Sadly I no longer play CSS, and no longer can access the blog as it no longer exists.

Now I have looked at it in photoshop, and I cannot say what it is, apart from i like it !!

Sorry I could not help any more - and if any one knows any thing about it please could they toss me the nod and u2u me about it?

[edit on 11-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
One of my favorite links for aircraft photos:

www.ukar.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nice dude,
Thats gone into my favorites thats for sure!

Cheers for adding another quality link, awesome.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
www.airshowaction.com...

Just out of interest, in the image above you can see heat distortion effects behind the jet. Now, im sure this has probably been talked about before, but couldnt some countries military use this to their advantage. If they could somehow use the same effect to mask an aircraft while coupling together this with an improved version of the "invisible coat" technology (Link Below) i.e. Better response times + more vibrant image. The overall effect between the two would produce a form of visual stealth.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Obviously they are going to have to find a way to generate that amount of heat to cover the entire plane (possibly by using several added jets and directing the flow). This heat should also not produce any major noticable forces on the aircraft. But the overall effect wouldnt be that bad. The coat technology would give an image of what is behind the aircraft, and the heat would mask the outlines and any major noticable signs. In the sky im sure it would be quite effective... on the ground, maybe less so.

If this has already been suggested before, then ignore me. But it is an interesting concept.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by tronied]

top topics

join