It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brand New Cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I,ve been contemplating starting my own secret cult now for quite some time and have finally decided to go for it..The rules are simple

1,Every member shall AT ALL TIMES keep their left foot in a Rocky OR bullwinkle sock

2,Every member shall uphold the law to the best of their moral understanding

3,Shall NEVER pass by anyone in need of help regardless of race creed or colour

4,Shall consistently lobby for world peace

5,Shall take part in a minimum of 5 charity fun events per year

6,Basically be a general all round NICE guy..

Ok point is...No matter what secret cult I decide to start you can bet your life that the paranoid amongst us would concentrate ONLY on rule one and deem it their purpose in life to bring down this diabolical,evil group until their dying breath..

Anyone ever hear of giving a group of people ''the benefit of the doubt''?
To me if some group is doing charity work..great... go whack each other on the butts in the privacy of your own lodge..

The Hells Angels are a classic example.. check out how many charity events they participate in... or WIKI John Derringer for eg..

Some people need a hobby

Mods dunno if this should be here or rants... you choose.. but it,s only a mild one

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I am already a member, imagine that,

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I agree with all of those tenants, despite the first as an obvious satire. Despite being independent at the least, I come from a very "Red" background, and the ideas that some of my friends and family would ultimately include such as your ideas as a cult. It drives me insane that those whol shake the trees in a postive sense are chastized because they simply do not follow the heard of "self-help." I know this will be circumspect on a site such as this but look up the tenets of Free Masonry, everything I have experienced with my brothers has instilled THOSE tenets.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I don't have much of an issue when it's one bad rule in amongst all the good.

I have an issue when all of it is bad but the PR.

If the only thing good comming out of your cult/movement/religion is the PR, I don't want you to exist. Those same peole can do that PR witout being a member, and I'd do my best to make sure that they were.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   
See here is the thing, in order for a cult to be such, it requires that ALL members be of the same faith. So, given the fact that Masons are not all the same faith, it is self explanitory huh.

The lodges are not religious in the member aspect, seriously now religion and politics are forbidden subjects of conversation while in lodge.

The only reason members are required to be religious, is because more often than not people of beliefs based on religion, have a sence of some thing higher than self.

[edit-to clarify]

[edit on 10-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
See here is the thing, in order for a cult to be such, it requires that ALL members be of the same faith. So, given the fact that Masons are not all the same faith, it is self explanitory huh.

The lodges are not religious in the member aspect, seriously now religion and politics are forbidden subjects of conversation while in lodge.

The only reason members are required to be religious, is because more often than not people of beliefs based on religion, have a sence of some thing higher than self.

[edit-to clarify]

[edit on 10-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

If I understand you correctly, I agree that the authors basic tennants do not breathe of cult like status and thus neither does Masonry. However I do feel that the tenants the author presents are anathema to the society we live in today. While individuals would obviously support these ideas, in practice I think they would be to a large extent remiss in these duties. Henceforth I feel these tenants are espoused in Freemasonry and thus similar to what Agent_T proposes. The fact that we do not espouse a single religion is obviously "non-cultish" but I think that is one of the most redeeming aspects of Free Masonry and Agent_T's proposal in light that those beliefs serve the betterment of mankind and society as a whole.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Doesn't sound like a cult at all... but a decent club, nonetheless.

...except for the Rocky/Bullwinkle sock thing. That's just wierd.

new topics

top topics

join