It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting in the USA seems to resembles this and other points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
To vote for the Democratics a party that has no values and changes it stance as the wind blows press one.
To vote for the Republican party a party of general incomptance and fear mongering press two.
To vote for a thrid party press three.
:After choosing option three the voter mysteries disappears. :
To hack this voting machine press four and enter you domain user name and password.

Americans seem to get done over at the polls in comparison to other western democracies. For example here in New Zealand there are at least two geniune alternatives on both sides of political spectrum that voters can choose from.
How can the USA be the leader of the free world if Americans have so few options at the polls ?

[edit on 10-9-2006 by xpert11]

[edit on 10-9-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There are other options out there, and slowly we Americans seem to awaking to them. I am hopeful that this next Presidential go 'round will feature a respectable indie turnout...not a win...but a respectable finish. The change won't happen overnight, but in my lifetime I hope.

The two power parties are deathly afraid of this...that's why none of the other parties are allowed into the televised debates. It might, no would, reveal that someone else might have answers to vexxing questions, and not the annointed chosen of the GOP and Dems.

Just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Lol, those other choices come out to like 1% or less of total votes cast in presidental elections, so basically your going on hope and faith to make a statement, when in fact the only statement made is that voting for anyone other than the big two is futile. The sheer volume of money dumped into both the Democratic and Republican campaings basically buries all other parties in the news. Untill that field is leveled either by more money going to third party campaings or severe restrictions placed on the big two to reign in the flow of cash there will be no change in the status quo.

Another excellent point was the jab at Diebold which basically has shown itself to be fairly opaque in how it runs the voting systems. Even if the playing field between parties was level I would be hesitant to put any faith in the accurace of systems used to record votes since there seems to be serious questions surrounding Diebold .

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Faith and hope? When did those become the hallmark of futility? Or niativity? I will admit that occaisionally they do require help. Having those means, to me anyway, you haven't given up...that you still believe in the ultimate strength of, in this case, the voting public. Does not haveing those mean you've given up? Ultimately, its up to you as individuals to decide that...

If you have, then the powers that be have won...and we might as well hold out our hands and wrists for the shackles. If you haven't, then no matter how in control the powers that be may think they are they'll still have something to concern them while they are at their parties congratulating themselves.

The other choices are there...you and I, along with every other voter, whereever in the world you are, just have to get off our dead ass's and work at it. Faith and hope are the fuel that drives that desire for change...if you don't have it, why you might as well just roll over on your back and present your throat, because you just lost.

top topics

join