It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran heads for the Moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Yup..
She's not a professional astronaut(space tourist) but its funny to see an irony of sorts..
The first Iranian in space will be an american ..woman!!

But credit to her..she's given most of her life to space tourism

ATSNN Story

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrecken Licht
Well, considering the problems the US has in getting a manned spacecraft from earth to space - and back again, I doubt very seriously that Iran could even get off the ground with a manned spacecraft! And if they are getting help from Russia, the thing would probably blow up like Russian made TV's and cars do!

Now a satellite, that would be something more worth worrying about.

russian space programs and russian space technology and expertise is far better than that of the US. read some news on space, if the US is going to build a base on the moon, or go to Mars, they are going to do it with help and jointly with the russians because of the better russian expertise. the russian are muchg better in space than the US, the only thing slowing them down is the FUNDING!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
So Iran will be landing on their God the moon god. Americans' saw it was just dessert and and no God lives there.
It sounds either a misquote or lunacy.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
russian space programs and russian space technology and expertise is far better than that of the US.

not really, the russians may be better than US at some period of time or at some point, but the general level of space tech is about the same comparing to the US or slightly worse (since they did not have sufficient fund over the last two decades)

even during the cold war, the russian might had a slight advantage at some point over the US space program, but not superior by far.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well, the Russian Space program is not as advanced as the American one because of funding.

And the only thing stopping Iran from putting weapons in space would be all the treaties put in place to prevent the weaponizing of space. If Iran crosses that line, I can garauntee you that the US will be all over that faster than 4 armed robber in Fort Knox who just manage to get in. Keep in mind, the US will probably look for just about any reason to stop Iran and it's nuclear program and anything else that the US feels is a threat.

But if the Iranians are going to the moon, good on them, it's good that other nations are exploring space, I believe that the human race in order to survive must go into space and colonize. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to go to the moon, the technology is there.

But I'm a bit skeptical about putting weapons in space.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
lol i hope your joking, Iran in space? lol when i see it ill believe it

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's common knowledge in these parts that the top-secret hypersonic spy aircraft 'Aurora' was developed at Groom Lake, using captured Iranian technology....

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoogans
It's common knowledge in these parts that the top-secret hypersonic spy aircraft 'Aurora' was developed at Groom Lake, using captured Iranian technology....

Funny.

I only take this as a joke because we don't even know what Aurora is, let alone that it was captured iranian technology.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 20 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Iran might seek to develop a space program to improve national pride. Successfully testing a launch vehicle would allow Iran to boast that it is a space power.

It says they may be able to build a rocket that can place sattelites into orbit. That's a long way from mannen missions to the moon or whatever. No reason to get upset...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join