It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran heads for the Moon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
space shuttle Atlantis was launched today at 11:14 am from Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

US now has a rival. Armed and dangersous.

A secret space progam exits in Iran.

Iran will be launching its own shuttles very soon.

And to the horror of Israel they would named their space crafts "Hezbollah" or "Nasrallah".

Ayatollahs of Tehran are about to head for the Moon.

Iran's Space Program: The next genie in a bottle?

06-09-06

By LEE KASS

External support continues to help advance Iran's space effort. Teheran is advancing its space program to satisfy numerous civil and military objectives, including manufacturing satellites to accurately guide its Shahab ballistic missiles.

The United States and Israel remain gravely concerned about Iranian efforts to gain more military power...

JP

[edit on 9-9-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah, right. Iran cannot even process it's own oil, they must import gasoline, while exporting oil. And now you say their space programme is nearly the same level as american? Not even China was able to make shuttle, and you claim that some primitive middle east country can?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Iran is able to process and refine it's fuel. The reason why it needs to import is becuase it cannot meet the demands of the nation.

The Iranians heavily subsidized fuel in there country which makes it incredibly cheap to buy and hence the Iranians cannot keep up the demand becuase the fuel is purchased for very little price making it easily affordable by everybody in large quantities. In Iran people who buy fuel do not conserve the fuel and watch there millage they do on there car becuase fuel is cheep to buy.

The Iranian government is/was thinking about letting the price of fuel reflect true market prices which would have increased the price to it's true value and would have helped Iran becuase people would only buy what they could afford and needed. It was turned down in the government. But i think they will have to introduce this system sooner or later to help with there fuel problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
well..

i doubt we are going to see a "star wars" in the making.

it would be good for the middle east and the world, if numerous countries developed space technology.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I doubt Iran will be in space any time soon without some serious help from Russia or china, but when they do manage to get into space they will certainly have to be watched closely to see just exactly what they are doing up their.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
hehehe

Lee Kass is a great source...

lol

Edit to remove long quote and add:

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-9-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot
I doubt Iran will be in space any time soon without some serious help from Russia or china, but when they do manage to get into space they will certainly have to be watched closely to see just exactly what they are doing up their.

maybe exploring?

but i doubt they are planning something else.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
anyone watch space cowboys?

i bet Iran are planning to launch a satalight with 6-10 nuclear tipped warheads to be targeted at the US

seriously though dont they already have the capibility to launch sats into orbit so working on this (with help from russia/china) should go well

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Iran is probably getting help from Russia or Europe.

If Iran manages to launch one spy satellite, it will be able to see everything on US soil.

also there is nothing to stop Iran from launching a
military satellite, probably armed to fire missiles from space.

iranian satellite may even try to fire on US satellites orbiting the earth.

that would bring down entire communication network and can cause chaos all over the world.

No more MTV.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

If Iran manages to launch one spy satellite, it will be able to see everything on US soil.

also there is nothing to stop Iran from launching a
military satellite, probably armed to fire missiles from space.

iranian satellite may even try to fire on US satellites orbiting the earth.

that would bring down entire communication network and can cause chaos all over the world.

No more MTV.

I would imagine that Iran has already seen imagry from the russians or maybe they even rented them some time on one of their old sats who knows

Nothing to stop Iran from launching an armed sattelite huh
I'm sure the Air Force Space Command, and the navy guys working on the DDXs rail gun would be to differ
Who knows maybe there's sats in orbit with big lasers just waiting for such an attempt

Please show where in the orginal article it says Iran is building a shuttle. I read that they "might" try to modify into a space launch vehicle, but it doesnt say they are or will. So just how soon will they be launching one

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, considering the problems the US has in getting a manned spacecraft from earth to space - and back again, I doubt very seriously that Iran could even get off the ground with a manned spacecraft! And if they are getting help from Russia, the thing would probably blow up like Russian made TV's and cars do!

Now a satellite, that would be something more worth worrying about.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The Iranians have a Space Programme?

Are you sure you're not reading a script for, or watching a re-run of the Muppet Shows and the Pigs In Space sketch.

Sorry to our friends in that region but, from where I am writing this, the pigs have been refuelled and are lining up on the runway...........................

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well I was initially thinking good on Iran. I'm not an avid fan, but I think the concept of space exploration is a must if the human race was to survive. Many ATS's claim NASA is behind a gigantic conspiracy- from Mars being a different colour, alien contact and even the whole Moon thing (although debunked). Surely the more the merrier?

The fact they are going to name the rockets 'Hezbollah', well you really have to laugh. Any little thing to get a cheap dig, I have to say it made me laugh!

Good luck to them anyway!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think I have seen this type of scare-mongering propoganda before (Saddam has WMD's capable of launch in 45 mins)

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Giving them loaded names is pretty much an invitation to Mossad to try and take one out on the launch pad.

Maybe they should try for micro-rockets, kind of a spacefaring UAV. Most of the expense in the Apollo mission was housing the human passengers. Make it robotic, and you'd save billions.

I don't really approve of the US space program; seems like a waste, when there are immediate needs like hunger on the earth. Iran has a lot more pressing issues than enforcing Sharia on the moon.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I assume Iran could easily put a man into orbit, just like 100 other countries (it's not really that hard) but seriously doubt the moon claim.

Btw an orbital capsule (ala mercury) flight would be a good test regarding the behaivour of ICBMs and re-entry vehicles...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
do a research on Iris (Iranian made satelite rocket).

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Anyone got anymopre straws to clutch at?

Anyone at all?

Because I smell cows excrement. A lot of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Iran is developing weapons for space.

They are secretly heading for space technology.

Irans are now going to tour space.

Yes. They are sending people as tourists.

We dont get to hear much about that on CNN or FOX.

People often think Iran is a backwards nation.

But this Iranian lady is the world's first woman tourist to explore the final frontier.

news.yahoo.com...

Ansari

[edit on 17-9-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And she has NOTHING to do with Iran, except to be from there. She is from the US now, and made all her money in the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join