It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Sticks his Nose were it Doesn't Belong (attacks Canada)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
I resent the gay agenda which is maybe 5% of the Canadian population forcing the public to bend to their will.

So, you are saying that as long as some demographic is small enough it is okay to be bigots and discriminate against them? I say that gay rights is nothing more than attempting to be fair to these people. They don't deserve to be mistreated just cuz they're gay. They are normal, and equally deserving as any other group. If a group protests bigotry, you'll hear it. If you are the majority, and don't face the same hurdles, you are less likely to be vocal.
I am not forced to do anyones will. Are you feeling threatened by gay attempts to be treated as equal in every way to you? Or is it that you feel that people are being forced to be gay? I don't get it. They deserve fair treatment. Period. they are doing the right thing by being very vocal in that pursuit.
Why should they accept lesser rights than anyone else? Why? Are they hurting anyone? No. They are just asking to be the same. I say they are and deserve every right whether its gay marriage, or whatever.
And Pope, Clean up your own backyard. Canada has many flaws and faults, but don't forget that there is more than one skeleton in the RCC closet.

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Religionists of every stripe apparently cannot resist the opportunity to dictate to others. Add Pat Robertson to this list. It must be a thing endemic or inherent in religion. I don't have religion, and I don't want to impose my will on others. This is the major problem I have with all religions. Why can’t they be content to follow their own belief system, and leave the rest of us alone? It’s in the quip, “if you don’t believe in abortions, don’t have one.” Can’t you leave the decision up to the persons involved. Or do you really think you know better?

The world’s best known institution has harbored pedophiles for generations. Maybe millennia. Now it attacks gender preferences between consenting adults. I think the Pope has his work out for him and attacking homosexuals may well be only a diversionary tactic but it will not cure his problems. It would be nice to see a bit of humility from the Pope.

The Pope is meddling in matters beyond his mandate. That exemplifies the essence of separation of church and state and it is obvious the Pope has not got it straight since 1517. Which is why we say, the price of liberty is eternal vigilance.

[edit on 9/16/2006 by donwhite]

<< 2  3  4   >>

join