It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

y do u hate america?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I am writing this cause i feel that most ppl here are anti-america and yet they are american

As most have stated or implied...I think the majority of us simply disagree with our current, unelected government...and specifically, Bush... Make no mistake about it though, we love our country. In fact, that's why we are so critical...because a founding point of the country, was the right to voice opinion, and to elect our reps in government... Lately, there has been a gross abuse of power in this current administration (i.e. the Iraqi war, Patriot Act, etc.), and even in his brother's administration as governor here in FL. (Such as the Terry Schiavo law (which is obviously going to get declared unconstitutional), and the voting scandal that got GW in the White House in the first place).

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You two took the words right out of my mouth. I was thinking of a good way to reply to his question, but you guys did it for me.

Originally posted by kaoszero

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
We're not anti-american per se. We're mostly anti the current regime that runs America. They're ruining this country.

Rock on man. I'm not anti-america, I'm anti-government. I really have a hard time believing that the government, Hollywood, management, and corporations know what's good for me. When I am capable of leaving this country, I'm going to, mostly because of the bills being proposed into the senate and house lately.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...well, I don't hate America...actually quite partial to places within it and a few of its habitants too...

Though I live in New Zealand...and fully appreciate the beauty and freedom of this country...

new zeland = middle earth

i want to go there so bad!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Web,

"They have flushing toilets in sweden and all the Popes royal gaurd come from Sweden. So they have Catholics, protestants and Jews in Sweden."

Um the Pope's guard come from Switzerland, not Sweden, you ninny.

On topic, I love the US, I believe it is still the best nation on this Earth despite its quirks and the current govt.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
well i don't hate America, i just don't agree with their policies and American way of life.....wait that sounds bad
scrap the American way of life bit

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its not that people hate America, it is that they hate Americans. As a country it is quite pretty.

Just kidding...you guys ain't se bad

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FullMetalJacket
I am writing this cause i feel that most ppl here are anti-america and yet they are american.I feel most of you don't appreciate what you have for you could be far worse off living in Somalia or Afganistan where every day is a fight for survival and the only thing standing between you and death is your will to fight. Anyways im not really intrested in where else u would live; i would just like to know simply this:Y DO U HATE AMERICA?

Typical fargin dickless wonder statement.

Just because Bush sucks and his people are fascists, doesn't mean you can call anyone who hates his policies an anti-American or unpatriotic.

Typical Nazi brainwashing crap.

Save it you jack ass.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Darkwraith, that was a typical ducking of the truth, mixed with the typical left's usage of the nazi word.

What do I have against America?

The beer. Between the additives and the pasteurization and the watering down, it is crap! Thank you, government, for setting down regulations that kill a great source of nutrients if properly prepared.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No i dont hate America, i just dont like George W Bush�s politics...Us i s is not the whole world, they are just a country amongst alot of others...if US wants respect the US Gov needs to respect other cultures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Darkwraith, that was a typical ducking of the truth, mixed with the typical left's usage of the nazi word.

What do I have against America?

The beer. Between the additives and the pasteurization and the watering down, it is crap! Thank you, government, for setting down regulations that kill a great source of nutrients if properly prepared.

Ann Coulter is trans.

By the way, when we on the left say we don't like your policies, we don't call you anything, until the Rush Limbos of the world say we're traitors. Or the scum like Scarborough say we're anti-American.

You get what you deserve.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why any one would hate America???

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
the only way not to be what you dont like is to not play the games those who you dont like want to play...

in other words let them create division within themselves if that is their intent, and let them choose to do what they choose to do, for in the end it matters not anyways...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yup. I I can see how others respect us. We are a country among many, and just as others have leaders who are looking out for their country's best interest, Shrub is supposed to do the same. I don't remember him knocking other cultures, by the way.

Don't get me wrong, Shrub has not done things as I'd have him do on every turn, but he has handled the recession as it should be handled, and for the most part, he has upheld his prime duty of defending the nation against enemies. He has not done right by the vets, and he has played footsies with the dems too much. Do what you say you're going to do, stand for what is right, and don't play politics. Let the voters be your judge, as well as the judge of your enemies. Of course, when the media is stacked against you, it is hard to get an impartial jury.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Hey TC, I'm from Alabama as well. LA (lower Alabama) and I really feel you have the "o'reilly" filter on about gw bush.

I too felt like he was a moderate and was behind him but I have to tell you, I am severely distressed by his actions.

W has gotten a fairly free ride from the press. If you look at it objectively, this administration lost a pr campaign agaisnt saddam hussein...that's pretty bad. The press has managed to vault laci peterson, kobe, robert conrad, you name it to the front page and enron, afghanistan and embedded reporters and fake statue scene and jessica lynch and ......a lot of stuff but no substance. Read one paper, you have pretty much read them all...wire stories.

If you are close to the military now you will know that the Iraq war was decided as a go long before the public even had a whiff of what was up.

The american people, by and large, don't like to be fooled. W has aggressively lead us to believe that the world would be safer, Iraq was an imminent threat, it would be finished quickly etc. He told us they had no idea 9/11 could happen. He told us he would get osama, saddam, the anthrax mailer, enron and other corp. hacks, the olympics bomber, to the bottom of 9/11 etc. and NONE of these things have been accomplished.

He has managed to tear 87.5 smakaroonies out of the taxpayers grubby little mits and he has managed to pre-emptively attack a nation who never attacked us and was not an imminent threat. He has managed to get us involved in a land war in Asia. Poppy production is up and heroin is once again flowing out of afghanistan. Guess what, we are in negotiations with "moderate" taliban to help hamid karzai who has no authority outside of his hovel.

Iran and North Korea are both reacting by doubling their nuclear effort because of the "bush pre-emptive paranoia" and Israel has attacked Damascus.

Venezuela is almost at civil war and their president (who has wide plural support from the people....in other words, a legal democracy) has publicly denounced the USA as being directly involved in the espionage.

The Russian bear is starting to wake up and china is being strangely silent, not even flexing muscles at taiwan but certainly, licking their chops.

For god's sake, japan sees the writing on the wall and wants weapons now!

As far as the economy goes, don't get me started. Finance is my strong point and I am completely (along with other economists home and abroad) floored by our feeble attempts to spend and spend with no thought to the future.

We are definitely cursed to live in interesting times.

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by Herder]

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I love America, its my home, but just because I'm an American does not mean I shouldn't question decisions made by what is clearly the worst president we have ever had. It does not mean that I should not question his motives and those in power. It makes me sick to see what is going on and what is even worse there are still some people who believe he is doing a good job, we are in an unpopular war, the deficit is outrageous, over 70,000 jobs a month lost since he has been in office and still there are some who are idiotic enough to say their going to vote for this man again because he is doing a good job, yeah right!

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You know what I hate about America???

People who think they should be getting nutrients from beer.

And yet their vote counts the same as mine........

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join