It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

y do u hate america?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am writing this cause i feel that most ppl here are anti-america and yet they are american.I feel most of you don't appreciate what you have for you could be far worse off living in Somalia or Afganistan where every day is a fight for survival and the only thing standing between you and death is your will to fight. Anyways im not really intrested in where else u would live; i would just like to know simply this:Y DO U HATE AMERICA?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
...well, I don't hate America...actually quite partial to places within it and a few of its habitants too...

Though I live in New Zealand...and fully appreciate the beauty and freedom of this country...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
because my ancestors have been here since the slave trade and not much has changed...

slavery still exists...

equal opportunity is not present...

and the powerfull controll by proxy still only with capitol by means...

adding fuel to the flame is more of an action of un-americanism than attempting to resolve the issues america is facing...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
We're not anti-american per se. We're mostly anti the current regime that runs America. They're ruining this country.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We just like poking fun at Americans for good reasons

It may seem as though we're anti-american, but really we're not. There are plenty of good things about America, but they don't make very good discussion topics. Boston his historic. Lets chat about how historic Boston is! See, it just doesn't have the same kind of appeal. It probably wouldn't really matter where we lived, we'd poke fun at the current events and be ultra-critical of the leaders.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
We're not anti-american per se. We're mostly anti the current regime that runs America. They're ruining this country.

Rock on man. I'm not anti-america, I'm anti-government. I really have a hard time believing that the government, Hollywood, management, and corporations know what's good for me. When I am capable of leaving this country, I'm going to, mostly because of the bills being proposed into the senate and house lately.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It only appears that way. This is a common misconception, but is continually repeated as fact year in year out.

Back when Clinton ruled the roost, the "Ditto heads" and the GOP lapdogs that were under the guidance of Newt Gingrich were called un-American. The only difference is that it was the Liberals calling the Republicans that instead of the other way around.

Now things have switched.

It all depends on what side of the fence you are sitting on. About, oh, 30 years from now when Chelsea is president they'll be switching sides again.

Is it un-American to want your country to change? No.

Is it un-American to ignore it's faults and pretend as if they do not need fixing or acknowledgement? According to most conservatives, No.

I say yes.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I have to belive that Americans and maybe even the government is good at heart. We have so many good things like computers, medical care if you have money. (I dont) is the best in the world.

Unfortunatly people like me cant get health care. ot that it matters but if other people have it. I should get equal care.

Theres alot of bad things to. SO much that the bad things make much of Amerikas conservatives, liberal moneygrabing dirty polouting whores.

Somehow we need to get the good things to bloom and the bad things washed out.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If I hated america I would leave it. That's a fact

It's interesting to discuss the reality of the world that you live in, otherwise you are no better than the cow, chewing cud, watching the traffic right outside the fence, wondering when he is going to take "the big truck" to paradise.

Yes, life could be worse but why can't it be better, for us and the Somalians and everyone else? Without silly little things like religion and governments there is no reason to build to crush!

Imagine, instead of building opulent governments and magnificent churches, along with the bureacracy to manage them, we built schools, hospitals, care centers. Instead of fawning over people like britney and justin, we could elevate learned people, the fireman, the honest and conscientious cop, the daycare worker.

NO, these jobs get paid the least. We pay people MORE to sit on benches for minor league baseball games than we pay daycare workers!

Deny Ignorance.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Herder]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I always find it funny when people confuse "not supporting the current government" with being "anti american", on the contrary. It is because we love america that we are so angry at the current direction the current administration is leading us.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herder
If I hated america I would leave it. That's a fact

It's interesting to discuss the reality of the world that you live in, otherwise you are no better than the cow, chewing cud, watching the traffic right outside the fence, wondering when he is going to take "the big truck" to paradise.

Yes, life could be worse but why can't it be better, for us and the Somalians and everyone else? Without silly little things like religion and governments there is no reason to build to crush!

Imagine, instead of building opulent governments and magnificent churches, along with the bureacracy to manage them, we built schools, hospitals, care centers. Instead of fawning over people like britney and justin, we could elevate learned people, the fireman, the honest and conscientious cop, the daycare worker.

NO, these jobs get paid the least. We pay people MORE to sit on benches for minor league baseball games than we pay daycare workers!

Deny Ignorance.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Herder]

ROCK THE # ON!!! Nice post, I'm glad to see someone feeling the same as I do on that one! Why not pay the people that actually provide a VALUED SERVICE for us rather than people who do little or nothing for anyone other than themselves?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I always find silly people like this amusing. Why doesn't he say:

y do u hate america?

I am writing this cause i feel that most ppl here are anti-america and yet they are american.I feel most of you don't appreciate what you have for you could be far worse off living in SWEDEN or SAIPAN or ON A TROPICAL ISLAND where every day is a fight for survival and the only thing standing between you and death is errr, ahhh, walking outside your door to go to get breakfast. Anyways im not really intrested in where else u would live; i would just like to know simply this:Y DO U HATE AMERICA?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Oh for Christs sake.

Thank God Im not living in Sweden.

They have flushing toilets in sweden and all the Popes royal gaurd come from Sweden. So they have Catholics, protestants and Jews in Sweden.

Sweden is a nuetral country like we used to be. They dont stick their #ing nose in everyones buisiness or bomb third world countries.

So your thank God I wasnt born in Sweden or Ireland BS story doesnt hold water.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
Oh for Christs sake.

Thank God Im not living in Sweden.

They have flushing toilets in sweden and all the Popes royal gaurd come from Sweden. So they have Catholics, protestants and Jews in Sweden.

Sweden is a nuetral country like we used to be. They dont stick their #ing nose in everyones buisiness or bomb third world countries.

So your thank God I wasnt born in Sweden or Ireland BS story doesnt hold water.

Oh, no. Never Sweden. Too much peace adn quiet and traquility.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I love america. we got a problem with too many ignorant people who elect a bunch of baboons in office, but it is the best system ever made. I really do not want bush to get reelected, nothing against him, but his administration is bad for our worldly image.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
SO if Bush gets $300 million or a $100 million to run.

Whats this money get used for?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I dont ahte America i just dislike America(j/k) i hate Bush thtas all

PLEASE NOTE :I am British.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
i'm not anti american i'm anti the system thats been controll people since ancient times, and the USA corporations, or governmetn, whatever u wanna call them, are at the head, well not really it's based in UK but, USA does the pushing so we'll be more mad at them than UK i think, but i don't care about the govs i know they just do what corps tellem so i'm anti establishment, i am also anti-ignorance, which is basically the creed of this website, and it seems to me alot of people in USA are ignorant, don't bitch at me if ur not i said alot not all, and thus when they see their gov. being bashed they feel theya re being bashed, but if u feel for your gov then u must be anti freedom cuz the gov surely is, i'm also anti capitalism, the list of why i'm against practises in usa(and whereever else europena settlers massacred indigenous cultures) goes on and on the more i think haha

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
I have to belive that Americans and maybe even the government is good at heart. We have so many good things like computers, medical care if you have money. (I dont) is the best in the world.

there are also many inventions we won't see until the oil companies are out of power, like engines taht run on the earths magnetic field and need no fuel whatsoever, and american helath care is not near the best in the world as far as i know, where'd they get the money to get good health care? no funding goes to hospitals and the only reason thigns are soo damn expensive is because doctors are greedy, and then u have to cure people too so u ahve # all left for improving things, i'd say canada has better health care than usa, it's free, and i know right here in the city we live in is one of the best hospitals in north america, or so i've been told anyways

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What I mean is most of the stuff like MRI or SOnigram is engineered or developed in America but quoted out of context.

You are right. You only get health care if your wealthy. If your unemployed you dont get #.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join