It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life on other planets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hey guys, i am just wondering why some scientists come to conclusion immediately and say that life can only thrive in oxygen rich enviroments and places where there is water. i belive there is life on other planets, i belive in trillions of different types of like on planets, and that they can survive on anything. scientists cant say that life can survive on oxygen and water only. maybe there are beings out in the far universe that can survive on sulfur, or methane or completely new elements that we have not yet discovered. any other thoughts?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I tend to agree. While oxygen and water do seem to be conducive for life on earth it does seem plausible that other life forms could develop in less seemingly desirable conditions.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
They're just searching for the kind of life we know how to find. I don't know how hard it would be to send a microscope to Europa and just look at the ground for little bitty microbes and stuff. I know exactly what you mean though. I think the reporters on the news who have to mention stories like that are the ones who really don't know what they're talking about, so they make it sound like life can only exist with oxygen.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

why some scientists come to conclusion immediately

One should be careful when saying an imbecile is a scientist. If they don't know what they're talking about then they're probably not a scientist. A better question would be "Why do some people believe life can only thrive in oxygen rich environments".

Anywho there are three basic types known in the galaxy: Oxygen breathers and methane breathers which constitute most carbon/hydrogen forms, then space forms (spirits) which don't appear to breathe anything and even prefer airless environments. The folks saying oxygen is needed are just a bit nutty

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
there are creatures on earth that survive by breathing nitrogen, arent there?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I belive they mean life as we know it, carbon based beings... Thus that leaves open a wide broadbrush of others, as they know for a fact, meany creatures under the sea live in conditions that no other lifeform could survie within

www.youtube.com...

This sceintist clip clearly says they have phyiscal proof? Why are they shooting him down? I mean this is the same doctor who has been taking small pieces of objects out of people who "claim" to have had a close encounter, also all tests from those subjects come from top Universities, and testing labs, to be made up of material not of this planet? Do they think he is a wack job CTHer too?
I can say Im very new to this, and have just begun to make this a side hobby, I go and read, and compile information from others, I know what I know, but if I say what I think, then it becomes just another person with a creative side trying to make others belive IM somehow specail, when Im specail to my family, and thats all that matters, I think of them when deep stuff like this is brought to my attention, yet these lies and insanity is what keeps this messed up world together, and people who defend that and call people who have another idea wrong and a CTH, in short they know what they need to do on a subcon. level to protect that stability of going to work, paying the bills, and being this those they love.. Really whats more important that that? But to those of you who know, thats the same stuff that keeps us right in our bubble, right where they want us.. its how human emotions works I suppose then agin I dont know for sure, I need to read more and study more before I claim to say this is that, and thats this... IM humble with just saying.. sigh... please discuss...

[edit on 10-9-2006 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well, here on Earth, the majority of the living things have adapted to our Earthly elements. Elsewhere, the elements of a different habitual planet may provide different standards for life.

On Earth, our standards for life is Water, Oxygen, and maybe light.

But then again, I'm just an 11th grader.

top topics

join