It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honest question. Without BUSH & Comp. Would there even be a war on terror?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Terrorists have been at war with us, and our allies, for decades. The war has been going on well before Bush 43 got into office. It wasn't until he got in, however, that we actually fired back with some muscle and we really acknowledged that we had been declared war on.

It started long before he got into office and it will continue long after he's gone. As long as there are radical fundamentalist ________ (fill in the religion of choice) then there will be a war by those fundamentalists against the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
there would have been no attack on 9/11 on the USA.

There were plenty of attacks against the USA before 9/11. There were many others planned (remember the first attack of blowing up 10 planes over the pacific) in addition to the ones that happened. Most of the 9/11 planning happened before Bush even got into office.

I doubt that Al Gore would have wanted war.

You are right. My guess is that he would have ignored the declaration of war against us; called upon all Americans to meet him at a Buddhist temple and hug a tree; and then he would have said we all need to sit in a circle and talk (yeah, talk to people who just want the world to convert or die
). Betchya his next move would have been to blame the terrorists actions on global warming via the USA making that warming.

I agree with ya' dg ... Al Gore wouldn't have responded to the declaration of war against us by the terrorists.

ya just know I had to getya' dg ...

[edit on 9/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
IIRC, every President since Carter has used military action against terrorists or states believed to support them at one point or another during their terms. Those attacks may not have been as large in scale as the current "War on Terror", however to suggest that every President up until Bush Jr. just sat on their hands when attacked by terrorists is untrue.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Even if (in your fantasy world), you think it is possible to not only set-up but also act an attack like this in 9 months?

Cheney, Bush, Rumsfield, Wolfawitch, Powell, and others have been in the leadership/intel in some aspect for the last four decades. Where do you get nine months?

AAC

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
And also, the speech about a New World Order given by Bush Sr. on 9/11 1991.

That's 10 years to the day.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

There were plenty of attacks against the USA before 9/11.

Not on our mainland. I think they are listed on this thread, and proven that half were white anglo-saxen americans. If you're referring to attacks on US interest's in other countries, the operative words are OTHER COUNTRIES.

There were many others planned (remember the first attack of blowing up 10 planes over the pacific) in addition to the ones that happened.

Post links. You can't say many others and then post ONE suspect case that never got out of planning mode. Remember the seven guys in florida that the Govmt. tried to paint as eminent threats? Or how about the case where the lady on the plane in New York had an Al Quada letter which was uncovered to be false? Or the terrorist that bought 1000 cell phones and scared us all into thinking they were everywhere. Remember 4 terror attacks on mainland in two decades. Half were not Foriegn terrorists. S**T will always happen. People will always do crazy S**T. Does that mean we have to scare everybody into believing it could happen NOW. Or NOW. Or NOW. How about NOW! Are you scared enough yet?

Most of the 9/11 planning happened before Bush even got into office.

I think Rumsfield and crew wrote the New America Project about a decade earlier, you're right.

(yeah, talk to people who just want the world to convert or die

How disinformed are you?

AAC

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Who is that? I don't see a post. Must be someone I ignored

Correction, I see it now. You confused me by quoting someone from way up there ^ in a double post.

[edit on 14/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Who is that? I don't see a post. Must be someone I ignored

"You think you're big time? You're going to die big time."

What movie?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
[edit on 14/9/06 by SteveR]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Sure, I do agree that President Bush has helped to materialize a more potent opposition against the founding basis of our consitution. Whether that be an opposition in the form of terrorist groups (or countries?) or our own government itself.

Either way, we would be better off without Bush because even if Gore hugged a tree after 911 we would look like the better man to the rest of the world. Bush took the worlds sympathy for us and turned it into resent. Thanks to Georgie Boy many more died than needed and now I actually sit up a night and wonder if fascist Islamics may one day overthrow our government.

Our entire way of living is being threatened. Before Bush and his cronies this threat was never as large.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join