It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine in Iraq, If you have any Intelligent questions you would like answered...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

And, oh yes, the last thing I would bother to ask Dark would be if he've seen any Danish boys overthere. I couldn't care less.
:
Such questions should be kept for the padding club.

Danish boys scribbling on drawing pads... BIG Islamic nono!

Wotthehell's a padding club? Something to do with free speech?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is your obvious intent to discredit Dark before he has had an opportunity to even get settled in and he has comported himself quite well given your incredible rudeness.

If Dark is not what he says he is, it will be revealed in time and not because he refuses to relent to your asinine tactics.

Grady no disrepect but vetting someone is important. Yes Isk is rude but even I could answer some of those questions and I have been out for 15 years. I could answer some of yours and I wasnt in the Marines.

There are way to many posers and internet rangers today. You can become anything or anybody on the net and have someone believe you and then quote you as fact. Please before you give this guy his own forum get him vetted.
If you want to know about my service give a u2u.

I am pretty sure we have 1 or 2 posers on here already.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ok, Iskander. You already knew the answers to the questions you asked me? So you are intentianaly trying to discredit me? Because I dont know what half of the terminology is? Because I am not an expert at enemy weapons? Or maybe it is because im actually a Marine in Iraq that isnt all weepy eyed and misses his mum and wants to go home and will cry about it until it happens because it doesnt fit into your "the government is evil" scheme? I dont know what is wrong with you, but I have already been told to just ignore people like you from the site heads. Why would you want to ask me all of that information anyways? Why would I tell you what our procedures are after we get attacked? Why would I tell you what our max ranges are? Do you know how many people in this thread alone would U2U me telling me that was stupid to post that? Are you a terrorist? Your S/N sounds pretty terroristish if you ask me. So you dont ask anymore questions.

Buddalight, you believe everything you read?

Ask yourself this:
What has your government done for you lately?
They didn't know how to handle 9/11
They didn't know how to help the victims of Catrina
They send thousants of innocent people to warfields, to fight a war with an unclear cause (not for general public)
They raise tax to keep the warmachine running.
What are your really fighting for?

^^^^^^ Whats up with those questions? First off, the first and last lines are the ONLY questions, the others in the middle of this Sh!t sandwich are statements, opinions of yours. You dont say anything anymore, you dont know what the heck your talking about.

It's not only about the so far 1300 or so troops killed. It's the tens and hundreds of thousands who return home, never to be able to adapt to society again.

Khunmoon? Did you know we lost more than that in the civil war? Like 10 times that many? 5 years into the war and 1300 is our losses? Ok, now, how many friends have you lost? How many of them died in this war? This isnt Vietnam if you havent noticed. We dont have mass populations rioting in the streets demanding our troops come home. Its sad, we get letters and care packages from elementary school children (probably yours too) telling us thank you, and hopeing we come home safely. Children say the darndest things dont they? Maybe they understand more about what is going on with this war than you. I truely am sorry we are taking away terrorist right to kill innocents. Its a shame when you cant kill whoever you want in another country without being hunted down and killed. My bad. I will tell the president that it was a bad idea and we should pull out now, then when Iraq falls apart you can blame him for that. When the entire middle east hits WW III then you can say "It was all President Bushes fault". Maybe we shouldnt have done anything after the hijackers of 9/11 wiped out a couple thousand of our folks, just shruged and carried on. Oh, but then you would have said something about that too huh? Your paranoid freaks that want to believe that the American Government is horribly twisted, because it helps you sleep at night. You can say all you like, you have been ignored. Dont attack me again with your ignorance. Oh and I want you to go ahead and tell me what the engine serial number is on your car, you drive it everyday right? You have looked at your engine right? So you must know everything about it. For those of you that dont think im authentic, go ahead and contact ADVISOR he will vouch for me. Now if we can please get back to the real questions. These three are good examples of what not to do in a Q&A thread.

V/R
Dark

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Originally posted by Dark_Seraph
If any of the moderators will send me a U2U (and I feel I can trust them) I will give them some extra information that they can then tell everyone that I am not a fake.

No worries there, I have already "vetted" your "IP" so to say, and fully authenticate your validity. So there should be no question in that matter.

You have the green light and

Here , read the whole thread before you go throwing around accusations.

This just goes to show that you are here to attack my integrity just because you get a kick out of it.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Dark_Seraph]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Now for the real questions

We do have other countries here, we have the Ugandans and they are some really interesting people. Well that is about the only question I wanted to answer today...the rest were retarded...and Khun no, we dont use drugs...not anyone that I know anyways. No we dont go crazy...when was the last time you heard of a service member returning from war that went and shot up his local supermarket? Believe it or not, the world is not perfect, sorry to break it to you
Ok, if more intelligent questions come up, let me know.

V/R
Dark

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There has been no REAL questions asked here, especially since my last response was taken off of this. I have one question for you.

Have you ever heard of the Project for a New American Century? It was written up by the very people who put you over in Iraq, It will answer alot of questions about why things are happening the way they are. I think you should read it.

Project for the New American Century

[edit on 12-9-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey Dark. One question and one comment...

1) How does it feel to have to explain yourself to some rooty-poot know-nothings that have nothing better to do than give you a hard time? I can think of one obvious way for someone to see if you are legit, but I don't think enlisment is in the cards.

2) Much thanks to you, your fellow Marines, and service men and women. This past weekend I was at Oceana NAS in VA Beach watching the air show. Saturday, after the national anthem, there was a fleet fly-over and a moment of silence for the victims of 9/11. As the 14s and 18s passed mid-field, an 18 did a sneak pass right above the heads of the crowd, crossed the field and was followed by an enormous line of explosions. Thousands of people cheered and wept as the announcer detailed who it was that kept this country free. Quite a contrary scene to what is often to be found on ATS. As the Navy and Marine pilots did their thing, I was reminded that the reason that this country's defense is so great is because of the skill, dedication, and passion of those who protect it.

I will always feel a little bit less of myself because there are so many there, while I am at home with my family. However, as an LEO, I promise to do everything I can to protect your families here, since you all are there.

Stay safe.

[edit on 9/12/2006 by hogtie]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hi dark, first off you say you have posted this thread to answer questions but state that you cannot make any specific comments or statements?

I have read the replies to your thread and would like to ask the following:

You said that Iraq is not Vietnam, do you think given time it could become another Vietnam.

Are you or your comrades told of the numbers of civilian casulties and are there controls in place to ensure casulties are kept to a minimum.

What, in your opinion would be the effect on the US if the Iraq conclusion was the same as Vietnam.

Do you think the numbers given for fallen UK/US combatents is true or do you think it could be higher.

Do you think that the Iraq war can be brought to a successful conclusion for all involved.

Do coalition forces have the resources to bring about a lasting peace.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank you very much hogtie! Yes, see there are some good people out there
And no I dont think they would Enlist, but there are many that have been there, and some that havent. I dont blame you for staying with your family and neither does anyone else I promise.

Acendedthingy, are you wondering why your post was taken off? Ask a Mod. Your the same one that got me in my intro post, just saying hi and stuff LOL!

Hi Magic, No I can not answer specific questions, but I can answer a couple of yours.

Is this or will it be like Vietnam? No, I dont think so (My opinion of course). It may become an Okinawa, Where we have a couple of bases here that stay operational. Vietnam is to strong in everyones memory still. No one wants that to happen again. You will notice a lot of the vietnam vets are here telling me to take care and letting us know we are doing a good job? They know how it felt. They dont want it to happen. Do we try to keep civilian casualties at a minimum? Yes. Also remember if you are thinking of vietnam, that alot of the people that went there were Drafted! They didnt want to be there, there has been no draft, we all volenteered. I do believe that the number given to the public about the deaths in Iraq are accurate. But, I dont know that for sure. We dont set people up for failure, so I think it will all work out. Iraq has a very prosperous trade in Oil and other trades, gold in the middle east is cheap. So yes if they can get their government together they will be able to take care of themselves economicly. You all probably watch the news more than I do, so you would know more about how that is going. Thank you for the good questions, I hope they were what you wanted. These are all opinions from my prospective, not Glorified "Facts" just like what you hear from everyone else. I do hope that they helped though.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I got a Question:

What does Your nickname Dark_Seraph mean?

Sounds kinnda, errr, Darkish...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

If any of the moderators will send me a U2U (and I feel I can trust them) I will give them some extra information that they can then tell everyone that I am not a fake.

No worries there, I have already "vetted" your "IP" so to say, and fully authenticate your validity. So there should be no question in that matter.

You have the green light and

.I appologize. I must have skipped that post. Also from your response to Isk and Buddalight you do sound like a jarhead. Stay safe and keep your powder dry. Glad to have you vetted.

Check u2u

[edit on 12-9-2006 by ultralo1]

[edit on 12-9-2006 by ultralo1]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
mr dark,,

my last post on your blog here wasnt very nice, i know...

let me ask you this.....

ever heard of DEPLETED URANIUM??

evre heard of any of theese people??
""About 30 percent of the 700,000 men and women who served in the first Gulf War still suffer a baffling array of symptoms very similar to those reported by Reed's unit""

i know youre only young,, when i was your age, i knew absolutely NOTHING too!!

this "dust" from the explosions,, the bullets lodged inside victims,,,
is basically all the SAME STUFF as a NUCLEAR DIRTY BOMB!!!!

and YOU are spreading it all over the place in iraq

""In 2005, the U.N. Environmental Program identified 311 polluted sites in Iraq. Cleaning them will take at least $40 million and several years, the agency said. Nothing can start until the fighting stops""

so here is what you are doing to the people over there,,
and to yourselves!!!

""It took more than 25 years for the Pentagon to acknowledge that Agent Orange -- a corrosive defoliant used to melt the jungles of Vietnam and flush out the enemy -- was linked to those sufferings.

It took 40 years for the military to compensate sick World War II vets exposed to massive blasts of radiation during tests of the atomic bomb. In 2002, Congress voted to not let that happen again.""

www.wired.com...

i dont want you over there at all,, then to have to come back and deal with something
such as this.....

you guys are over there DYING and getting poisoned,
you COULD BE over HERE protecting our borders safely from home

patrolling around home looking for terrorists KEEPING AMERICA SAFE

look at iraqs point ov view....
YOU are INVADING THEM, killing their people destroying their stuff,,,,
i would be pissed too......

for every 1 you kill you create 5 more "terrorists"

the terrorists even said they would stop fighting when americans get out!!

i fear for ALL LIFE

and i pray that you dont have to look into the eyes of your first kill

come home soon!!

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

quote: iskander
posted on 12-9-2006 at 13:38 (post id: 2481224)
quote: I dont know what is wrong with you, but I have already been told to just ignore people like you from the site heads.

That is interesting, who told you to avoid me? I'm curios, specifically because on this forum I have a reputation for "BEING here lass than 1 YEAR" out all kinds of BS, and so far my records has been 001%.

You are not STAFF, and there by are not entitled to act as such, nor is it an excuse, and not your purpose for being on ATS, sorry but I do not see MODERATOR under, by, next or near your name.

Now put on your own shoes, and keep them on.

[edit due to thread review]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hi Dark_Seraph,
I would like to say that I thank you for doing what ever you are being forced to do over there. Thank you, seriously.
I mean no offense by this but we really MUST know!
Do you know if we are using white phosphorus(aka texas pete) in Iraq still?
Please, if you have any idea about this, please say so. Thank you.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Do you know if we are using white phosphorus(aka texas pete) in Iraq still?
Please, if you have any idea about this, please say so. Thank you.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Techsnow]

Thats a new name for the WP? Texas pete? Wonder where you get that name from? Anyways, even if the soldiers and Marines were using WP in Iraq...you got a problem with that? Its not illegal you know.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Thats a new name for the WP? Texas pete? Wonder where you get that name from? Anyways, even if the soldiers and Marines were using WP in Iraq...you got a problem with that? Its not illegal you know.

Wrong and wrong thread.

Willie Pete is what it is, WP.

Its use as a weapon is illegal, since it the use of a chemical weapon of mass destruction. Its use is legal only as illumination chem.

Here, knock your self out;

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

It is illegal, immoral, and inhumane. Unless you let your self to be burned with acid, you have nothing to comment when it comes to use of WP as a weapon.

Out.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
just to make sure;

A US Army handbook published in 1999 states clearly that the use of white phosphorus burster bombs against enemy personnel is "against the law of land warfare" and the US State Department clearly denied last year that any such weapons were being deployed in Iraq.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iskander

What branch of the service were you in?

Did not say I was.

Then, what the hell are you running off at the mouth about.

I don't think your qualified to be giving pop quizzes, nor do I think that the good Corporal has enough off duty time to be wasting it answering questions you already know the answers to.

We're impressed with your military knowledge, now go find someone who gives rat's patootie.

[edit on 2006/9/12 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Then, what the hell are you running off at the mouth about.

I don't think your qualified to be giving pop quizzes, nor do I think that the good Corporal has enough off duty time to be wasting it answering you already know the answers to.

We're impressed with your military knowledge, now go find someone who gives rat's patootie.

GradyPhilpott, you asked;

What branch of the service were you in?

And I answered; "I didn't say I was".

By now you have assumed twice, wrong both times.

Some lost, some didn't, some talk about it, some don't. All there is to it.

p.s. You're not my pops and there are no ranks here, so don't tell me about running off at the mouth.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Who ever your pops is, he needs to teach you some manners.

So, far you're the one here who sounds like a school kid with too much internet time on his hands.

Who ever Dark is, he at least has some decency about him and a sense of respect for the members of the board.

That's more than I can say for you.

[edit on 2006/9/12 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join