It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next step in NWO in schools:bill gates new vision

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

This is imo the next step in NWo.Bye home schooling.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
A microsoft school
what are they going to do when it crashes!
It looks like a great way for bill to train his future army of microsoft robots and if nothing else he's creating future customers

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The old schools were designed to train obedient factory workers. Technology has replaced the need for lots of low skill factory workers. Bill gates is trying to update school to changes in the economy.

As I seet it, we have at the bottom immigrants, who do manuel labor, where it can't be automated, and lower level servant jobs. You also have other service jobs, which require interaction with the elite. Those who interact with some level elite need to be trained to act subservient. Those who aren't subservient need to be supervised.

Above them, we have the professionals. These people are supposed to be both subservient and creative, at least to some extent. Even if not that many of these professionals is required, they are quite difficult to train, and they have a lot of potential for effective rebellion. These are the people Bill Gates is looking for.

These people are trained through specialized technical training. If they have strong technical skills, but are too honest and obedient to oppose their opposes, they can more easily caught in the Gates's cult.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
God, it's like some foul vision from the future

No books? Just staring at a computer screen day in day out?

It all sounds scarily fascist to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I dont see this as a problem. i'm all against the NWO but this is an innovative way to teach and for the students to learn.
I think its a great idea and may keep students from dropping out!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont see this as a problem. i'm all against the NWO but this is an innovative way to teach and for the students to learn.
I think its a great idea and may keep students from dropping out!!!

Call me old -fashioned, but it sounds more like a great way to brainwash, control input and destroy young peoples' eyes

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I may dispise microsoft for their shady business practices and craptastic software but on this one I definately applaud Gates for doing whath nobody else seems to be doing: focusing on education. And how exactly does using computers over books equate to fascism? I stare at computer screens all day for work, class, and fun and I havent seen the first inklings of a fascist mindset show up in myself, so somebody please englighten me. The man (Gates) has more money than perhaps any one person should ever have, so if he wants to dump it back into the country that gave him his billions then more power to him!

Control input! Good one. What is popular media doing to children? Is there any real base for this wild claim or just some sort of luddite concept that computers and technology are evil?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Using computers instead of books and libraries gives the school complete power over what they want the 'learner' to see.

And as a person who works with computers all day, you must realise how damaging that is for your eyes. My partner works in computers and his eyesight is deteriorating, his eyes get very tired and sore. How can that be beneficial to children
-and what is wrong with books anyway? Aren't kids obsessed with computers enough as it is?

Counting calories? Where does the parent come into this? Talk about exercising complete control over an individual.

I can't believe that anyone would believe that Bill Gates is such a caring kinda guy he just wants to 'save' education.

I'm suspicious, and if that makes me paranoid - so be it.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
IControl input! Good one. What is popular media doing to children? Is there any real base for this wild claim or just some sort of luddite concept that computers and technology are evil?

Oh and incidentally, Popular Media is doing nothing to my child because we don't own a TV. He enjoys to read and draw. Yes, believe it or not, Parents do have a choice.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Some disturbing excerpts:

The company didn't pay the $63 million cost -- that was borne by the Philadelphia School District -- but shared its personnel and management skills. About 170 teens, nearly all black and mainly low-income, were chosen by lottery to make up the freshman class. The school eventually plans to enroll up to 750 students.

Since this seems like a new marketic gimick for Microsoft, shouldn't THEY have footed the bill to showcase its new tech toys? After all, Im quite certain that you wont find any Linux or Mac software in there.

Students -- who are called "learners" -- use smart cards to register attendance, open their digital lockers and track calories they consume. They carry laptops, not books, and the entire campus has wireless Internet access.

Yikes. Smart cards. get em used to being labeled, catalougued, ect. On the surface, it seems fine. Like calorie consumption to help fight too much overeating. However, catalouging and recording peoples calorie intake does seem a bit much....really Orwellian.

The high school will use an "education competency wheel," patterned after a set of desirable traits Microsoft encourages among its employees. Officials, teachers and students are to be trained in dozens of skills, including organizing and planning, negotiating, dealing with ambiguity and managing relationships.

Ok. So its basically a cooperate indoctrination tool. To create "desirable" workers.

In addition, students at the school must apply to college to get a diploma.

As if college makes you a better person. What about kids that want to get into trades, or do other non colligate things? Hell, even Bill Gates himself dropped out of College.

"Two things are quite intriguing -- the willingness of the district and Microsoft to try something different," Lynch said. He cautioned, however, that while trying new methods may be valuable "we have to be careful because you're messing with kids' lives."

Bingo. Notice how the selected students are mostly black and poor. Guina pigs, basically.

Now mind you, Im all for technology in schools. im not a technophobe. Kids should have access to technology to learn its uses and limitations to better function in the world.

However, we have one cooperation dominating the whole thing, creating a very sterile environment. And books and paper are good things, you know. You cant totally eliminate them.

Plus, emphasizing a person's worth on their colligate or marketabkle skills sends a bad message. Not everyone measures success in life by job, worldly accomplishments, ect.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I completely agree Skadi_the_Evil_Elf especially about the 63 million bill the taxpayers are footing for what is esnetially a prototype from what I can tell. It strikes me as odd that this isnt even a proven concept yet but the taxpayers are going to pay for it, all of of it?

It costs 63 million, but what does a regular high school cost? I wonder if microsoft donates the software or even sells at a discount? It wouldnt suprise me to learn that some of that 63 million went towards purchasing full price MS software so MS is esentially profiting from the shchool

I cant believe that they arent going to have any books or paper at all!
Don't get me wrong computers and technology are great, but how will these kids learn how to write, and things like read the classics? I know books can be made electronic, but if you've ever read one you know they just arent the same, and it can be hard on your eyes after a while as someone else said.

With all the focus on technology are the kids even going to be able to play sports, go outside and excercise, have a gym class etc...?

Like someone else said the existing schools were designed to train factory workers which is dated, and IMO this is just a revision of the system to create the next generation of cubicle monkeys and technology worker bees

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Bill Gates gives 95% of his money away, how can you possibly think that this man is evil and trying to change the world?

I think it's a good idea, but abit strange :S

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I dont see how using computers could brainwash kids- anymore than using up to date books with the wrong information....Such as history...science, etc.

Unless you people know what the curriculum would be, i dont see a problem.

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Mmm awful buisness really , what is every body trying to improve for , just be greatful for life

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Mind if i share some thing here - But please, I cannot show you what im talking about because when I saw it i really should not of if you get my meaning.

ok, a 'friend' of mine worked for a company in Germany, and was an excellent bleeding edge computer tech person. I was staying with them for two weeks as i bummed around the alps.

Now they were working at home, and had an office which was way way off limits to any one, but one night after a hard session on the beer i got a look at their work.

Its for all intents and purposes identical to a small laptop, but its for interrorgations and the such like for police / military units.

This is my understanding of how it works. The brain thinks and works in two halfs, and the screen of this machine is in two halves, although to the naked eye it doesn't seem to be.
The left half projects an image from botom to top at high speed (subliminal) as you work on, like an instruction sweep. The right side goes from left to right, with a different 'image' but at the same speed.

What my friend stated was that it could either, A) teach you at about 20 times your normal learning speed, or B) make you talk with out even realising you have said anything, as you would just answer the subliminal questions as your brain got them. (one side is thoughts and ideas, the other is motivation and speech . or some thing like that... so you just blurt it out)

Turning on the program, he told me to cover my left eye, and just watch with the right eye - as it doesn't work for some reason if you just look with one eye... (i have no reasons for this, it just doesn't work)

The effect is nasty to say the least, as your eye goes in a circle to try and watch all the images at once, even if you think your watching the screen dead center and not moving your eye.

this was 6 years ago, and after that I lost contact with them, as they moved onto some new stuff, but after what i saw that night, i for one will never ever trust a school which taught its pupils with just LCD screens.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

[edit on 13-9-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

top topics

join