It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chissler's 1st year with ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well as my first year with ATS comes to a close, I thought I would create a thread to discuss a few of my thoughts and opinions from the previous year.

I uncovered ATS while I was working on a previous job, a quick google search for 9/11 Conspiracy has made a pretty big impact on my day to day business. I log onto ATS two or three times a day, the current threads normally dictate how long each visit lasts. I have been known to spend a few hours at a time on this site going from thread to thread. I remember alot of members saying that they browsed ATS for several weeks before registering, not me. The second I found ATS I was signing up, and running from forum to forum in amazement.

My first impression was how well the site was laid out. Everything was color coded and well explained, alittle overwhelming at first. Now I am the type of guy that if I am not sure of something, I do not hesistate to ask. So my early stages on ATS I was asking alot of questions and came into contact with a few staff members that were more than willing to help. This was another aspect of ATS that left a lasting impression, I thought this place has dozens of people signing up daily and the select few that run it take the time to help each and everyone out. That is something special and something the Admin should be proud of.

After soaking up as much information as I could, I began to explore my options and lend a hand where I could. It was then I wanted to start creating avatars, and something I continue to do today. Creating avatars is probably one of my favorite aspects of ATS, when a member comes along looking for help and leaves satisfied, I can't help but smile myself.

In the last 12 months ATS has become something different for me than a message board. Initially it was a place to read of conspiracies and try to look at something from a different perspective. And now its more of a place where I test my opinions and keep up with members that I have come to respect. Not even in my day to day life have I ever met a group of people that are as intelligent, respectful & honest as the members here. Hell I was only here a week and a staff member said if he was ever in town we were going for a beer, *cough*intrepid*cough*. I mean really, this is alittle more than a bunch of strangers discussing who killed JFK or if anyone is out there.

So this is chissler tipping his hat to the fine members of ATS, and I thank you all for making this site as great as it is. Here is to another year with ATS and I can only hope the next is as good as the last.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
chissler....

Happy ATS birthday friend.....

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
happy birthday

a year? i thought you was here aslong as me

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
happy birthday

a year? i thought you was here aslong as me

Thank you. You aswell KL!

Afraid not. Only a year for myself, the day I uncovered ATS was the day I signed up. I wish I had of found this dark whole years ago, but was not lucky enough.

Again, Thank you!

ed: These Birthday wishes are alittle early as its not until the 12th, but I accept them anyhow!

[edit on 9-9-2006 by chissler]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
happy birtdaydethday!!!!!!

i have no clue how long i been here; i thought for sure i'd been kicked out by now but nope i r here to stay i and i loves it

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
i have no clue how long i been here; i thought for sure i'd been kicked out by now but nope i r here to stay i and i loves it

How many members are shaking their head and saying, Yup.. mmm hrm!

Can not be faulted for being yourself though. Just watch those Edits!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Happy ATS Birthday, Chissler.

I must say i thought you were around longer also. Thanks for the avatars and also thanks for bringing some semblance of comon sense to an otherwise nutty place.

I hope you're around for many many years to come.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Thanks for the avatars and also thanks for bringing some semblance of comon sense to an otherwise nutty place.

The avatars are the least I can do.

As for the common sense, well this place has its ups and downs.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Keep up the good work and Here's to another year of Chisstastic posts

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hello Chissler. Congratulations for being here at ATS for a year. Happy ATS sign-up day.

I've been almost two years. My sign up day is on the 30th of October. I was amazed. I was dumbfounded to see that you had over five thousand posts! And, judging by your applause bar, you garnered a bit of meritorious attention. Way to go Chissler.

All I can say is that I am happy that you are here at ATS and that you also live in Canada. If you do get together with 'cough' intrepid 'cough', give me a call, I'll drive up to meet you guys. Well, actually, I'd drive up for an excuse to have a few beers, but if I end up meeting you while I get drunk.....BONUS.

I look forward to reading another five thousand of your posts in the coming year.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Chisstastic posts

C h i s s t a s t i c

Honestly though, thank you for your comments. Were here for a Chisstastic good time.

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
If you do get together with 'cough' intrepid 'cough', give me a call, I'll drive up to meet you guys. Well, actually, I'd drive up for an excuse to have a few beers, but if I end up meeting you while I get drunk.....BONUS.

Lets think about this, a bunch of opinionated Canadians getting together over a few beer. Ahh I see so many possibilities.

Thanks again for taking a minute out of your day. I appreciate everything that ATS and its membership has given me.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm glad you're here

It just wouldnt be the same without ya.

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Happy First Birthday Chissler!!!!

Have Beer on me to celerbrate!!!!

new topics

top topics

join