It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG the Pope is here!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Good day ATS!

Our Pope just landed in Munich...here in Germany in my city!!

The whole innercity is closed. No subway, no cars...nothing! Someone from Munich here?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Here? On ATS?

It looks like they have a tight security, everything closed.

Are they expecting something?

Oh, and I do not remember if there are any ATS members from Munich, except you, dacruz.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes, they have the whole city secured...lol

Top security in place Munich awaits Pope /// Well he is actually here now

Hmm, I can't imagine that...No Bavarians here?

Originally posted ba Armap: Are they expecting something?

I don't know. I think they are really, really afraid of bomb attacks. We had a couple of big crackdowns because of the two "train-bombers" a few weeks ago in whole Germany --> (this story)

[edit on 9-9-2006 by dacruz]

[edit on 9-9-2006 by dacruz]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Great... flip him the bird from me.
I'm less than pleased at his critisims of Canadian sociaty.
Source

TORONTO -- Pope Benedict sparked a debate about the place of religious beliefs in Canadian politics yesterday, telling Ontario bishops Canada has excluded "God from the public sphere" with laws supporting same-sex marriage and abortion.

Yeah... um, he can sit on his pope hat and rotate. Most Canadians believe that Church and State should remain seperate entities. This is a core belief. Screw him and his church for trying to dictate to us what our ethics should be.

(Note: I've got no problem with Christians in general and highly respect the core tenants of the church (peace, love, and understanding). I can't STAND some dick that tires to tell me what I should believe.]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Grüsse aus Preussen an meinen Mitpapst aus dem Freistaat südlich der Weisswurschtgrenze, dacruz ;-)

I heard on the radio they were showing his plane's landing on huge public screens in munich like they did for the soccer world cup... did he kiss the earth when he left the plane like his precedessor did? :-)

I'm sorry I have to say I'm not too excited about Ratzinger. So far I have not heard anything substantial from him. Not that I had expected a revolution of the church from within by the . of Opus Dei and the former Chief Inquisitor, but he's said to be a logical thinker - he's in the second year of his office already and he could at least have stopped some of the nonsense John Paul II has started (mainly the condom ban in Africa, for example)... instead, he stopped the interreligious dialogue :-/

Non-believing pagan that I am, I still wish you much fun and tell him hello from me if you happen to see him; deep in his core, he's surely a nice man :-)

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Akareyon]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Before he was the Pope, he used to travel in Michigan as well, some church service he prefered. Pretty cool none the less, is it in your local news?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Before he was the Pope, he used to travel in Michigan as well, some church service he prefered. Pretty cool none the less, is it in your local news?

No, never read something about that. It's a few years ago, isn't it?

Oh, someone vandalized Benedikt's birthplace in "Marktl am Inn" The person throwed ballons, filled with paint, on the house

Source:
Chron.com / World

"our" Pope:

"I was born in Bavaria. There are many memories in my soul … and so my heart beats Bavarian."

Source:
Pope visits his native Bavaria / L.A. Times

new topics

top topics

join