It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant crystal cave discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A gigantic cave of crystals has been discovered in an old silver mine in Spain. The geode, which is eight metres (26ft) long and crammed full of gypsum prisms, has been put under police guard to prevent souvenir hunters from raiding the extraordinary natural phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ooo! Wow! I'd love to go!

They have a crystalline cave (Sonora) here in Texas, and it's just spectacular.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh my goodness! That is beautiful. I can't wait to see more pics of this thing. I didn't realize that geodes could get this big!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is definitely cool!! I was gonna post to ridicule because gypsum is such a common mineral, but these crystals are HUGE and of fantastic clarity. WOW!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Holy Crap, that is awsome, kinda looks like a stage from Donkey Kong Country.
I wonder if that will boost spain as a whole.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
that they may have been planted there for minig purposes as a method of pre-electric energy use...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
That is amazing! I went quartz crystal hunting/hiking in Arkansas a few years ago and I cannot imagine seeing anything like that..

as for bigsage's claim on pre-eletric engery use, all gypsum is good for is either a soil conditioner(for poor water absorbing soils) or for for textile applications. No energy from salt and sulfur

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
And let's please not ever, ever forget, you can't good cement/concrete without gypsum...very important role.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i do not think inside a box...

energy can be gotten from all sources, its just what limitations do you want to place on the applied device by method of differing energy application...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
i do not think inside a box...

energy can be gotten from all sources, its just what limitations do you want to place on the applied device by method of differing energy application...

...and I hope you never stop thinking outside the box. The point may be two-fold though:

1. Interesting theory that may deserve it own thread.

2. If you apply enough excitation to a dead frog you can get work from its jumping legs...let's not think so far out of the box that we decide dead frogs were planted here as an alternative energy source, ok?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
whoa, check out all that rock candy!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i respect you as a poster though...

how wierd frogs are beings, why would one want to use them as an energy source?...

unless, the energy required by a certain said specie was not physical and the energy necessary for this specie to continue on living was through frogs, then i bet there would be a lot of fat frogs running around like a chicken with its head cut off...

but back to the crystals, they can hold certain frequencies, maybe a resonace could be utilized to accomplish things, electricity is a current in its own but much more primitive than a crystal current, maybe?...

questions comments or concerns?...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wow! That's fantastic - the crystals are so big... I would never have thought they could get that big...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
i respect you as a poster though...

how wierd frogs are beings, why would one want to use them as an energy source?...

unless, the energy required by a certain said specie was not physical and the energy necessary for this specie to continue on living was through frogs, then i bet there would be a lot of fat frogs running around like a chicken with its head cut off...

but back to the crystals, they can hold certain frequencies, maybe a resonace could be utilized to accomplish things, electricity is a current in its own but much more primitive than a crystal current, maybe?...

questions comments or concerns?...

i think quartz crystal would work far better than that form of crystal, for energy likely no, for storing information yes and its actually being researched, last time i checked crystal cannot conduct or store any usable type of energy like types of energy strong enough to replace batteries or any power plants, best i see any crystal's use is for target or guidance of energy weapons, storing info, mood altering, meditation, amplifying human mental ability, storing heat from the sun or laser sources, computer screens/tv/any kind of display and for lighting, but not to store or create electricity.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
with amperages and resistors...

but if one could harness a frequency resonance there would be very little force needed to maintain such a method of energy...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes it's really quite remarkable! It sort of reminded me of Supermans Pad when i saw it

top topics

join