It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How about the Kiwanis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Kiwanis.com

So, how about those Kiwanis?

They meet privately. Obviously they have something to hide, right?

Their motto is "Serving the Children of the World". Does anyone have a story about how they are an organized ring of child molestors?

They do a lot of charitable work, which we know to be just a smoke screen for greed and selfishness. Or ineffective, right?

You can't just join up to check them out... you have to be invited to join. What have they got to hide?

From their FAQ:

What does the name "Kiwanis" mean?
The name "Kiwanis" was coined from an expression in an American Indian language of the Detroit area, Nunc Kee-wanis, which means, "we trade" or "we have a good time."

"We trade"... doesn't that sound like a business conspiracy?
"we have a good time"... I'll bet child molesters say stuff like that... right?

The Kiwanis have some 7,200 sponsored groups, mostly on college and high school campuses. Might they be trying to indoctrinate young minds? That's a heck of a web!

So, what evils can you tell me about this group?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hobbes,

This thread is just ment to re-direct attention off of the masons onto some other group. The Kiwanis are just a business networking group. On the surface one would think that the masons also were just a networking group.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Please don't tell me what my intention was. You are quite wrong on that, by the way.

Kiwanis.com doesn't list business networking as one of their objectives... rather, they list:

* To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
* To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
* To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
* To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
* To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
* To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.

Source

I suppose 'business networking' could fit into point 5... but not very well.

How come there is such disparity between their objectives (above) and their motto?

Maybe they realize that people react emotionally when children are mentioned, and are trying to evoke that?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
i was a member of kiwanis high school group; Key Club. And I can attest to the fact that they do not have mal intentions. As a member I regularly attended Kiwanis meetings, meetings and installations had no esoteric aspect to them. It is simply an outlet for charitable men and women.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I was a Key Club member, as well.

But it is possible that secrets were being held and maintained by those in the upper levels, which we at the lower levels never saw, right?

I do remember feeling like there was more going on than met the eye, quite honestly. I remember seeing my school's principal, and both vice principals, present at a meeting. That struck me as quite unlikely.

Perhaps someone on ATS can shed light upon it...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Hobbes,

This thread is just ment to re-direct attention off of the masons onto some other group. The Kiwanis are just a business networking group. On the surface one would think that the masons also were just a networking group.

What's the matter INWT did this strike a nerve with you?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well, he stated in another thread that he hates religions.

I'm surprised he hasn't hit on their first objective: "To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life."

I mean, spiritual... isn't that just another way of saying 'religious'?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Maybe there isn't any conspiracy. Does there have to be a conspiracy in such an organization?

Troy

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There is wisdom in your words, Troy.

I haven't been able to find any corruption or wrongdoing within the Kiwanis. No one has been able to bring forth any evidence of such.

It is likely that they are just a charitable service organization, I conclude.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just a group of businessmen ala the Lions Club or Rotary Club. I have a friend who is a Rotarian. His father was in the Kiwanis. I don't really know what difference there is among those three groups, other than the name and logo.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If masons appear, on the surface, to be a networking group, and kiwanis appears, on the surface, to be a networking group, then how is a person supposed to tell the 'real' difference?

Hobbes' point isn't trivial and shouldn't be ignored as 'deflection'.

Masonry has a history of people lodging conspiracies against it. So when people now look at masonry, they see that other people have said 'there is a conspiracy', and this, in itself, gives 'inertia' to the charge that there is a conspiracy, it self-perpetuates. IF people had claimed, 300 years ago, that Kiwanis was an evil cabal, people'd cite that today as proof that they're a cabal.

Heck, if anything, Kiwanis, with its focus on businessman, is MORE sinister than the open masonry.

Cug

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If masons appear, on the surface, to be a networking group, and kiwanis appears, on the surface, to be a networking group, then how is a person supposed to tell the 'real' difference?

Really it's pretty simple. Unlike the anti-Masons there are no anti-Kiwani "guru"s for people to blindly follow.

Hummmmm that gives me an idea for a new post.

new topics

top topics

join