It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for God

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

that degree would most likely be in some sort of geology related.. if you're discussing billions of years one would probably need an understanding of astronomy to be able to determine how old something is [using light years].

a light year is a distance not a time. also its been proven that light can be sped up and slowed down they did it in a lab. and since you have no idea what "dark energy" can do or if there is anything else out there that can manipulate light, you cannot come to a logical conclusion on how old the universe is based on star distance.

The universe is only meant to be apx. 17 billion years old. Our planet is apparently about 5.2 billion years old. The fact that you say 20 shows that you do not have a grasp on the subject at all.

according to this link the earth is only 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old. so maybe you dont have a 'grasp' either. and this one just cracks me up. Oh and Wikipedia says that the universe is only 13.7 billion years old while some textbooks still teach thats its 18 to 20 billions.... no wonder why I cant grasp it.... they cant make up their mind on how old the universe is.

Utter nonsense. The scientific tests they use to determine the date of things have been proven to be credible. Your saying it's purely based on imagination and assumption is just wishful thinking. I am sorry science scares you so much.

oh please, we can already see what this is doing to people with the whle life on mars topic. people are already trying to make up stuff that simply isnt true about life on mars. they try to take a picture NASA took and digitall enhance it making it appear the way they want it making it look like there is life on Mars when there isnt. and some of those people have been caught dead in their tracks.
and just like alot of these natural remedys doctors dont tell us about... like the cure/prevention for cancer, warts, diabetes, etc.... as well as the addition of harmful chemicals to vitamins (ie led). cause people to get sick so drug companies can continue to make their money.
and the same with the evolutoin theory, scientists as well as the ACLU and atheist organizations try to make this theory seem like its the only theory feasible and that their is no other explanation. why? teachers have been fired just for handing out news articles disproving what their textbooks are teaching. examples: hackles drawings of the human embryo(false), stalactites and stalactmites (do not take millions of years to form), life spontaneously generating (impossible). etc etc...

There is no evidence that disproves it. All I have seen that attempts by creationists to undermind it by nitpicking science and then taking it out of context in an attempt to fool Jo public. This is call propoganda.

oh we do eh? people do the same thing to the bible as well.
but here is the thing, if evolution is the way it happened and we just arent getting it, maybe you could explain to us in a more understandable way that is less confusing. start with the big bang (the beginning).

huh? that strikes me as a very foolish thing to say but I will indulge you.
If that were true there's be no human species as they'd be no family bonds. We are a very cpo-operative species and rely heavily on relationships, community and social interation.. this in itself proves people love eachother. When babies are born they a completely powerless.. [unlike other primates- human babies can't even roll over or lift their heads] they depend completely on the bond with the mother to survive. That maternal bond and others are what human beings call 'love'.

unlike other primates? im sure there are plenty of animals that when born cannot survive on their own and have to be pampered... and if we evolved from these lower primative states, why cant we survive on out own? thats almost like a downgrade...
doesnt prove a thing. you still cant prove to me that your lost ones loved you or that you loved them. just because you see evidence in other people doesnt mean that it occured in your life. (not attacking you im making a point, please dont take this last statement personal)

there is so much stuff the evolution theory cannot explain and some attempts have been proven wrong, yet they still use it. and when other christian scientists come up with stuff that either supports creation or is disproving to evolution, they either get fired or their information just happens to never make it out of the laboratory. hmmm sounds very fishy!

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Methuselah
this is true, however, none others have conquered death like Jesus.

I suppose that depends on what you mean by "death." The Buddha transcended life and death and the eternal cycle of pain. That's something.

And he wasn't such a sourpuss about it, either. Look at him all smiley.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

this is a test post as two other members have been showing up as 'last post' yet they're not displaying..

edit. now they are.

[edit on 21-3-2008 by riley]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

for the time being [hopefully] I can't respond easily as I seem to be stuck on page 21.. when I post this I'll be able to read page 22 but can't go back to it easily as clicking 'last post' takes me to 21 again.

edit. glitch seems to have been resolved. thanks if a mod fixed it.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

that degree would most likely be in some sort of geology related.. if you're discussing billions of years one would probably need an understanding of astronomy to be able to determine how old something is [using light years].

a light year is a distance not a time.

A light year is a measurement of how many years light takes to travel from one point to another.

also its been proven that light can be sped up and slowed down they did it in a lab. and since you have no idea what "dark energy" can do or if there is anything else out there that can manipulate light, you cannot come to a logical conclusion on how old the universe is based on star distance.

Well yeah you can.. you can also predict where black holes, suns, planets/planetary orbits etc. are by the way it bends.. and guess what else you can predict? The age of the universe [from the big bang].

The universe is only meant to be apx. 17 billion years old. Our planet is apparently about 5.2 billion years old. The fact that you say 20 shows that you do not have a grasp on the subject at all.

according to this link the earth is only 4.5 to 4.6 billion years old. so maybe you dont have a 'grasp' either.

Oh no! I was off by under a billion years or so..

[I didn't even look at the site you gave so I trust you that it's current info..]

oh please, we can already see what this is doing to people with the whle life on mars topic. people are already trying to make up stuff that simply isnt true about life on mars. they try to take a picture NASA took and digitall enhance it making it appear the way they want it making it look like there is life on Mars when there isnt. and some of those people have been caught dead in their tracks.

Have no idea what you're talking about and it's not relevent to the discussion. We are talking about lab testing on earth minerals.. not rover images.

and just like alot of these natural remedys doctors dont tell us about... like the cure/prevention for cancer, warts, diabetes, etc.... as well as the addition of harmful chemicals to vitamins (ie led). cause people to get sick so drug companies can continue to make their money.

wrong forum.

and the same with the evolutoin theory, scientists as well as the ACLU and atheist organizations try to make this theory seem like its the only theory feasible and that their is no other explanation.

Currently there is no other viable scientific theory with any scientific evidence to support it.

why? teachers have been fired just for handing out news articles disproving what their textbooks are teaching. examples: hackles drawings of the human embryo(false), stalactites and stalactmites (do not take millions of years to form), life spontaneously generating (impossible). etc etc...

So let me get this straight.. they got fired for handing out creationist 'news' articles [propoganda] and pro-life panphlets showing [possibly] bloody embryos? I'm not surprised.
Parents like their kids to be educated.. not indoctrinated.

There is no evidence that disproves it. All I have seen that attempts by creationists to undermind it by nitpicking science and then taking it out of context in an attempt to fool Jo public. This is call propoganda.

oh we do eh? people do the same thing to the bible as well.

What.. say the bible is not a credible source of scientific facts? How unreasonable..

but here is the thing, if evolution is the way it happened and we just arent getting it, maybe you could explain to us in a more understandable way that is less confusing. start with the big bang (the beginning).

ToE does not include the big bang.. the subject is biological evolution not astronomy. It starts after abiogenesis.

unlike other primates? im sure there are plenty of animals that when born cannot survive on their own and have to be pampered...

Many can walk around only hours after birth.

and if we evolved from these lower primative states, why cant we survive on out own? thats almost like a downgrade...

Not a downgrade.. we forfeited one strength for another. Intellgence means a bigger brain meant a bigger skull.. if our bodies matched it in proportion we would be too large to give birth to.

doesnt prove a thing. you still cant prove to me that your lost ones loved you or that you loved them. just because you see evidence in other people doesnt mean that it occured in your life. (not attacking you im making a point, please dont take this last statement personal)

You're still not making any sense. So if I lose parents I couldn't be sure if we loved eachother? You're grasping at straws.. and if you are suggesting they may not have.. please do not tell me not to take it personally. You've made this ridiculous point before and I already answered it.

there is so much stuff the evolution theory cannot explain and some attempts have been proven wrong, yet they still use it.

..and you keep pointing this stuff out and it keeps being explained to you. Just because you do not know all about or understand ToE doesn't mean it hasn't got answers to your questions. You keep making arguments against it yet it's clear you have not even bothered to even research them yourself [creationist don't count as they have disinformation].

and when other christian scientists come up with stuff that either supports creation or is disproving to evolution, they either get fired or their information just happens to never make it out of the laboratory. hmmm sounds very fishy!

There are indeed christian scientists that are also evolutionists.. and 'happens to make it out of the lab'? Again.. the absence of something does not prove it's existence.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

I will never try to spread my religion to anyone. It is my opinion that god has purposely not given proof to the masses because he is awesome and beautiful and truly wants us to have free will. He does not want every human being to worship him. Now he does provide glimpses of himself to people that need or want to see it.
I am a christian for one thing, christians for the most part help others regardless of faith. I have worked with churches of different faiths to provide for other people this last halloween thanksgiving and christmas. It feels good to be part of an organised group that simply enjoys helping people for free. Faith is awesome it is bottomless and can be contageous in a good way. Do I know god exists? Nope. Do I beleive he is worthy of worship just because he might have created me, no.
I have no idea what you're talking about with the.

"you will always be asking for evidence, but everything you get you will just refuse simply because admitting that there is a God means you have to change your life, means that rules that didnt apply before apply now, means that you can no longer do whatever you want however you want wherever you want with whoever you want"
All I can say is if that was for me personaly it does not apply in this case because this thread and the op is the epiteme with what's wrong with the religion I chose. I do know that faith is extremely powerful, even if it is not divine and just some kind of glitch in human logic.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I will never try to spread my religion to anyone.

and you call yourself a christian? Wow I believe Jesus said to go into all the world and teach all nations... you start where you can. what are you ashamed? and apparently you didnt see where I cleared some confusion about what i meant with the whole admitting there is a God and your world flipping upsidedown... I suggest reading again and ponder this time before responding.
so you just admitted you doubt Gods Word and you lack faith that he even exists... wow no wonder why people dont want to be christians.

A light year is a measurement of how many years light takes to travel from one point to another.

ill try this one more time... dont know if light sped up or slowed down from point a to point b. there is absolutely no way to verify this and making such a claim is bogus.

Well yeah you can.. you can also predict where black holes, suns, planets/planetary orbits etc. are by the way it bends.. and guess what else you can predict? The age of the universe [from the big bang].

yeah you can see these things and the whole black hole theory is a great example of how light can be sped up and slowed down by gravity, thats just one example. oh and the age of the universe form the big bang? lol sorry gotta laugh some more... lol the big bang theory violates first and foremost the first and second laws of thermodynamcs as well as some other laws.
you see starlight and you assume you are looking at it in real-time... you are looking at light that has supposedly been traveling since X billions years ago, you cant make predictions based off of that and conclude accurately.

Oh no! I was off by under a billion years or so..
[I didn't even look at the site you gave so I trust you that it's current info..]

it had to of been current, an evolutionist scientist posted this... he cant be wrong.

and I was just returning the same comment using the same logic you presented. the fact still remains that the eovlution theory is always changing its numbers because they were wrong the time before. Gee I wonder why?

Have no idea what you're talking about and it's not relevent to the discussion. We are talking about lab testing on earth minerals.. not rover images.

oh this is very relevent, you just dont want to look into the political side of things because it might upset you. sorry but truth hurts.

wrong forum.

again this is the politcal side of things, you might want to look into this sort of thing and try to see the big picture here because it all ties together.

Currently there is no other viable scientific theory with any scientific evidence to support it.

really? so we just use something that we know is false only because there is no other "scientific" theory. what exactly is your definition of science? dont give me a dicitonary answer either.

So let me get this straight.. they got fired for handing out creationist 'news' articles [propoganda] and pro-life panphlets showing [possibly] bloody embryos? I'm not surprised. Parents like their kids to be educated.. not indoctrinated.

ok two things here, first off.. handing out creation articles is not in any way violating any sort of law and is very much allowed to be discussed in schools. requirement to teach creation in schools is against the law, but teachers can teach/discuss this topic if they want.
education allows all possibilities to be viewed and tested.
and bloody embryos? science class often times involves graphic material (ie: blood) and why is this stuff propoganda? because if America banned abortion people might actually get a clue and wait to have sex?

What.. say the bible is not a credible source of scientific facts? How unreasonable..

ok you point out to me where in the bible it contradicts science... and then ill point out to you where the bible is very accurate with science and then ill probably also have to explain where you twisted scripture and where you take things out of context.

ToE does not include the big bang.. the subject is biological evolution not astronomy. It starts after abiogenesis.

haha, little do you know about your own theory. the universe has to 'evolve' to include the planets and stars... they too have to 'evolve' oh yeah and chemicals have to 'evolve'. and if evolution is only dealing the aftermath of biogenesis, then you have an incomplete theory, how did life get started?

Many can walk around only hours after birth.
yeah and there are many that cannot, whats your point?

Not a downgrade.. we forfeited one strength for another. Intellgence means a bigger brain meant a bigger skull.. if our bodies matched it in proportion we would be too large to give birth to.

wow another prediction you cant back up. bigger brains does not mean greater intelligence. my hat size is almost a size 8, must mean im smarter than other people.

You're still not making any sense. So if I lose parents I couldn't be sure if we loved eachother? You're grasping at straws.. and if you are suggesting they may not have.. please do not tell me not to take it personally. You've made this ridiculous point before and I already answered it.

ok either you are being dumb on purpose or you really just cant grasp a simple point. wow

..and you keep pointing this stuff out and it keeps being explained to you. Just because you do not know all about or understand ToE doesn't mean it hasn't got answers to your questions. You keep making arguments against it yet it's clear you have not even bothered to even research them yourself [creationist don't count as they have disinformation].

well half of the information is what I pull from evolutionist sites. I understand how it works. and you have to start from the beginning or else you have a theory that doesnt make sense and that is incomplete. if you start from biogenesis you have a huge hole in your theory. who did it start?

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You got me wrong methu you seem to be on defensive mode. All I can say is not everyone is meant to do all of what jesus said. All we can do is try and do the best we can. You took one part of my entire post and and pretty much attacked me so I'll just leave you alone to defend yourself from the rest of the other posters.
I still think the op used the bible to prove the bible provided no actual proof and should not be taken as a normal christian. Most christians I've come in contact with will help someone that needs help regardless of faith. And the reason most of them try to spread their religion is because they are trying to make that person's life better. I hate condescending preachers more than any other type of blowhard.(Not directing my last statement at anyone here.)

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Zealott what makes me not a normal Christian? As Methuselah said before our duty is to spread the message and thats what i am harmlessly doing on a public discussion forum where people choose whether or not to view this material. Im sorry if you dont agree with the title, but in my view i and others have given evidence. If not evidence then some very good reasons anyway.

Originally posted by Zealott
Most christians I've come in contact with will help someone that needs help regardless of faith.

I absolutely agree and this is how it should be.

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I don't think this is the place to spread the good word. It's probbably in the agreement of ATS.
You have used the bible to prove the bible. Which just dosn't work. Just like you are not to use the word you are defining in the definition.
Lancer we beleive in the same thing. I agree with you that there is a god. But think for a second.. Did you realy prove his existence? Or just repeat what someoen else wrote down? Thus heresay.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Perhaps. It's just theres so much criticism on here about our faith and i just wanted to show there are substantial reasons to back our faith up.

I understand now i cannot prove God to someone else through anything i write here. But if people ask questions i want to be able to give them an answer.

I appreciate your input. We are both working for the same God.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

All I can say is not everyone is meant to do all of what jesus said. All we can do is try and do the best we can.

really now? I guess not all of us are meant to keep the 10 commandments either? I guess not all of us are to love one another, or love God with all oru heart mind a strength.
dude im gonna tell you this one more time and I really hope it sinks in. we are to follow Christ because thats what he commanded us to do. everyone is to follow Christ... now will everyone do that? no, like I said before, people dont want to change their livestyles.

Did you realy prove his existence?

proving Gods existence wont convince someone if they already have their mind made up or if they chose not to believe. look back in Exodus when Moses led the Israelites out of Egypt... God showed himself by a smoke cloud during the day and fire by night, sent mana from heaven, he parted the waters and they still didnt want to follow.

all we can offer is evidence of his existence, in the beginning God created the heaven and earth... why would someone say that God made light before the ligth sources? were they dumb? even a dumb person would know that light cannot exist without a light source.

there is plenty of evidence to show that we didnt evolve from lower life forms like evolutionary science wants us to believe. you may ask why none of these evidences are published,... thats a long story but in short, when you have a dirty authority the truth is never revealed. dirty authority is not just involved in the field of science (biological, astronomy, etc) but also in public health, Federal government... this is one big big pile of crap people are going to step into and before they know it, they are gonna be stuck and its gonna stink real bad.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Fanatacism will not convert others peacefully. If you want to convert people peacefully I suggest you take a different tone. Lancer When I first read your post I was kinda pissed but now I've come around sort of.
I know about the gaps in evolution. My favorite one is this. The smallest multi celled organism is a 6-15 celled parasite. I find that divinely ironic. But you can't deny evidence of cingle celled organisms contradicting the word of the bible.
The Bible was written by man. Who is very flawed. God changes his mind in the bible. (Or seems to. But maybe that was just because we don't always understand the word of god to the T) Jesus corrected some of these things. None of us can even compare to Jesus he was the son of god. We're expected to sin all we can do is our best. I never down played the ten commandments. And Methu we just don't agree. You see proof I try and relate to others that don't see things the way I do. Seriously brother I ask try and steer away from the preaching to me and talk to me as a member of this board. Not someone to be saved or corrected.

[edit on 24-3-2008 by Zealott]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Heres a view, perception, belief or what ever...

Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

How to know whats being communicated?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zealott

God doesnt change his mind, God is very merciful, we just fail to see it like here you claim that God changes his mind implying that he doesnt know what we wants and in changing his mind proves such an idea.
God doesnt change his mind, he already knows whats going to happen.

Heres a view, perception, belief or what ever...

Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

How to know whats being communicated?

i dont know what the point of this post was but im gonna take a shot at it just because it looks fun....
looks like you have one thing going in two directions and both have the same starting point. idk, im just guessing.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

God doesnt change his mind,

really?
what about that whole Sodom and Gomorrah thing where he kept changing his mind about how many good people would have to be found?

God is very merciful, we just fail to see it like here you claim that God changes his mind implying that he doesnt know what we wants and in changing his mind proves such an idea.
God doesnt change his mind, he already knows whats going to happen.

by that logic, god doesn't have free will.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

ah see that is not something you can determine for you cannot see the future therefore you cannot make that call. if you knew everything (past, present, future) and were eternal (outside of time, space and matter) and had absolute power and absolute authority, do you think you would have free will?

and our logic is nothing compared to an almighty God, if the almighty god fit into our logic, he wouldnt be worth worshipping. that is where you fail to see how God is. God cannot be measured by our logic.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Methuselah

cop out

and something within our logic could be worthy of worship, especially if that something cured all cancer, AIDS, and other fatal diseases.
in fact, why not have it cure all disease while it's at it? hell, if that something prevented every natural disaster from happening

...all of those things have yet to be done by your deity.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

and something within our logic could be worthy of worship, especially if that something cured all cancer, AIDS, and other fatal diseases.

cop out eh? if only you could see the big picture.
maybe something in your logic, this argument is like two computes debating on whether or not man exists. of course man exists, the computer is clearly designed. just like everything we see in our universe, clearly it is designed. oh and btw, you are still stuck with the embarrassing problem that life cannot spontaneously generate on its own with or without intelligent forces behind it. ie humans. and if a bunch of scientists ever got together and made life in the lab that would only prove that it takes intelligence to make life.

God gave us the cure for cancer, its in the first chapter of the bible, we just dont use it, Vitamin b17 from fruit seeds. we dont eat it because we dont feel like it, im sorry but that is our fault, not Gods.
and if you dont know about the FDA and there way of preventing disease via drug therapy... you should probably read up on that, they say that only a drug can cure a disease (this is a lie) its been proven that vitamins cure many diseases (scurvy, common colds, skin problems, etc). notice how we do things with our technology... we use excessive amounts of estrogen to grow crops, we do not allow our lands to rest like God told us to so now we are lacking natural minerals and nutrients... bread can now last about 2 weeks in a breadbox because of the natural suppliments we took out of that, bread used to keep people from suffering heart attacks, bread used to be good for the heart just like the bible says.
researchers are finding substances in vitamins that are not supposed to be there, ie; led. toxins to the body that undo what the rest of the vitamin does plus is does more damage.
companies that sell cookware that no-stick teflon stuff is actually toxic to the body, all you have to do is read the back of that label to find that out. but people skip that because they dont want to learn to cook the right way.
there are a number of things wrong with us that is our fault... evolutionary scientists get everyone to believe that we are nothing more than a bag of chemicals and the only way to treat disease is to add more chemicals...
perfect example: headaches --- was is a lack of an aspirine that caused the headache? or is that just a symptom? compare to --- the oil light in your car pops on, you can either fix the problem or unplug the light. taking asprine for a headache is like unplugging the oil light in your car. yeah you took care of the symptom but eventually your body will crap out on you.
you think we dont have the answer to our own problems? our problems are our own fault. why do we have aids? someone had the sick idea of beastiality and we also promote pornos, people having sex with a lot of people on video to make money. im sorry but I believe God said to not do that, so you still want to blame God? if you ask me, I think God knew what he was talking about when he made the rules. all you gotta do is read the bible, many of our answers are in there.
doctors used to think that if you got sick then you had bad blood. thats how George Washington died, they drained his blood and he died. but the bible says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood."
I can go on all day, you blame God for the things that are wrong in our lives but you kick him out of everything else (school, legal system, politics, court, public places) you blame God even tho you already kicked him out. how ironic!

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Methuselah]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

cop out eh? if only you could see the big picture.

condescension

maybe something in your logic, this argument is like two computes debating on whether or not man exists. of course man exists, the computer is clearly designed.

actually...no
see, a computer isn't made from organic materials that can arise through an organic process.
unlike organic life, which can

just like everything we see in our universe, clearly it is designed.

not so much. can you point out to me how human breasts and the human prostate were clearly designed when both are cancer timebombs?

oh and btw, you are still stuck with the embarrassing problem that life cannot spontaneously generate on its own with or without intelligent forces behind it. ie humans.

um...not really.
see, the embarrassing problem here is your attitude which is both insulting and betraying of your ignorance.

and if a bunch of scientists ever got together and made life in the lab that would only prove that it takes intelligence to make life.

...no
see, they'd have to directly do it
now, if a bunch of scientists set up an experiment that proved life arises on its own within certain circumstances that were found all over the earth prior to the existence of life, we'd have proof that life can arise on its own

God gave us the cure for cancer, its in the first chapter of the bible, we just dont use it, Vitamin b17 from fruit seeds. we dont eat it because we dont feel like it, im sorry but that is our fault, not Gods.

...that doesn't cure cancer
it may stave off and prevent some cancer, but it will not prevent a man from developing prostate cancer. any man that live long enough will develop it, that's a given.

and if you dont know about the FDA and there way of preventing disease via drug therapy... you should probably read up on that, they say that only a drug can cure a disease (this is a lie) its been proven that vitamins cure many diseases (scurvy, common colds, skin problems, etc).

...scurvy isn't a disease, it's a vitamin c deficiency. of course vitamin c is the only treatment.
common colds still cannot be cured, even through vitamins. they may be treated and the symptoms may go down, but the viral infection is still there

...and drug therapy is legit science.

notice how we do things with our technology... we use excessive amounts of estrogen to grow crops, we do not allow our lands to rest like God told us to so now we are lacking natural minerals and nutrients...

...actually, we do something that's much better (which god should have thought up himself if he's so gosh darn smart).
crop rotation.
farmers let a few fields every season grow legumes or other plants that enrich the soil with nutrients instead of sucking them out.

bread can now last about 2 weeks in a breadbox because of the natural suppliments we took out of that,

...no, it's because of stuff we put INTO it.

bread used to keep people from suffering heart attacks, bread used to be good for the heart just like the bible says.

um...proof?
you're demonstrating a lot of ignorance here and acting like you have so many facts...

researchers are finding substances in vitamins that are not supposed to be there, ie; led. toxins to the body that undo what the rest of the vitamin does plus is does more damage.

...lead cannot be found in vitamins
lead can be found near a vitamin
but not inside of it...
unless you're talking about a multivitamin, which simply contains many vitamins
but i don't think you have anything to back this claim up anyway

companies that sell cookware that no-stick teflon stuff is actually toxic to the body, all you have to do is read the back of that label to find that out. but people skip that because they dont want to learn to cook the right way.

teflon is toxic if it gets into your system in significant amounts
...but it can't get there from cookware. if the teflon came off the cookware, it would defeat the purpose.

there are a number of things wrong with us that is our fault... evolutionary scientists get everyone to believe that we are nothing more than a bag of chemicals and the only way to treat disease is to add more chemicals...

funny thing to point out...
vitamins are chemicals
and it isn't evolutionary scientists that are telling this to us, it's medical science.
it's a fact that the human body is a big ol bag of chemicals. just like everything else is...

perfect example: headaches --- was is a lack of an aspirine that caused the headache? or is that just a symptom? compare to --- the oil light in your car pops on, you can either fix the problem or unplug the light. taking asprine for a headache is like unplugging the oil light in your car. yeah you took care of the symptom but eventually your body will crap out on you.

...no...that's not how it goes at all
and aspirin is actually GOOD for your heart...
do you even know what aspirin does?

you think we dont have the answer to our own problems? our problems are our own fault. why do we have aids? someone had the sick idea of beastiality

the "monkey sex" theory of AIDS has been debunked
it probably came from monkey blood, not from sex with a monkey.

and again, why was AIDS found in nature of god made everything

and how do you explain away ebola?

and we also promote pornos, people having sex with a lot of people on video to make money. im sorry but I believe God said to not do that, so you still want to blame God? if you ask me, I think God knew what he was talking about when he made the rules. all you gotta do is read the bible, many of our answers are in there.

honestly, it actually never says anything about videos in the bible
hell, it doesn't even say having sex with a lot of women is wrong for men to do, so long as each of those women is either his wife or concubine (abraham)

and you're right, there are lots of answers in the bible
like how to treat your wife like a slave
or how to stone a woman for being raped
and other nonsensical things that we've abandoned because they're just not right.

doctors used to think that if you got sick then you had bad blood. thats how George Washington died, they drained his blood and he died. but the bible says that "the life of the flesh is in the blood."

...doctors were wrong. that was incorrect science based on a concept of "balance of the humors" which was actually fairly superstitious

though in modern science you do need to bleed people a bit sometimes to remove pressure from swelling...

I can go on all day, you blame God for the things that are wrong in our lives but you kick him out of everything else (school, legal system, politics, court, public places) you blame God even tho you already kicked him out. how ironic!

...i didn't blame god for anything
i don't believe in such a being.
if i had any proof that your deity was real, i would.

[edit on 3/25/08 by madnessinmysoul]

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join