It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality & Religion.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Your post was 'way above' so I voted for you
You took a bit of everyones perspective and summed it all up into one. Shows that we may think differently, but are very much the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
That last post was really good. What is our lot in life (religious or not) but to express virtues. On an elemental level, religion is nothing more than a mass of humans instinctually grouping with other humans who have the same virtues. I used to be anti-religious, but when I took religion in this new context, it was easier to accept.

Still to this day, it angers and disappoints me to see how religion insists on refusing to see the unity in worldwide religion. They simply cant see a universal organization of God fearing people who want to set themselves apart as virtuous people. They insist and calling down evil upon other organizations for not beleiving the same as them, wars, terrorism, and hate for simply being differant, all refusing to admit that they are all the same.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by transparency

Still to this day, it angers and disappoints me to see how religion insists on refusing to see the unity in worldwide religion. They simply cant see a universal organization of God fearing people who want to set themselves apart as virtuous people. They insist and calling down evil upon other organizations for not beleiving the same as them, wars, terrorism, and hate for simply being differant, all refusing to admit that they are all the same.

That's my biggest beef with people who deem themselves religious rather than spiritual. If you don't believe exactly as they do, they deem you as being "wrong".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join