It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Phone Calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK for the past few weeks, maybe less I've been receiving a phone call when I'm away- from a different state-(which I will not reveal) not important..but anyway it shows up on my caller ID and I just figured whoever they were would eventually get in touch with me??

They called again..and this time I figured I'd do the 'normal' human thing and call back. This is the odd part..a message states that the number is no longer in service and/or not valid?? It's the same number though that calls my number. Any ideas?
Mags

[Edited on 11/4/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Its a scam to get your phone to pay for their phone bills.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It could be someone using a pre-paid calling card. I received an out of state call a few times and when I called back it wasn't an actual #.

Have you tried typing the phone # in Google? Put in the 10 digit number with dashes (xxx-xxx-xxxx) and see if you get any results.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
No go on the google..Here is exactly what the message says: "We're sorry, the PCS number is temporarily not in service, message number 542-3"

I'm like wtw?? Anyway no calls here today from it. I'm not overly concerned, just thought it was weird especially from which the area it's being called from-far as heck from here!

Hi PA (tomorrow tomorrow..the monkey dances and sings in your honour) Have a glass of wine on me before it comes :w:
Mags

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey Mags.... It is probably computer... To be more specific a mass dialer for telemarketers (In other words, it is probably telephone
) ... the way they work is very strange... If you managed to pick up a number, be it through caller ID or star 69, it is probably an offtrack number generated by the order in which the comp dialed.

Try signing up for the no call list... 3 months later you should stop receiving the calls.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by K_OS]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I assumed as much..DAMN and I thought it was my future calling to inform me of my future hehe?!
See Ya!
Mags

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
~You know I get calls from random people as well. But I do call back at times out of curiosity, and it gives me the same 'out of order' thing. Either star six nine wont work for it, or it's someone screwin' with me. That's my only ideas.

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   

thought it was my future calling to inform me of my future hehe

I tried calling the number....

Here's what I got....

"Hello, Titor residence.."

I said, "Hello is John there...???"

They answered, "No, I'm sorry, but he's not due in for another decade, can I take a message?"

top topics

join