It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot: It Simply Doesn't Make Sense

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I just thought it'd be horrible to be a deer and get hunted by Bigfoot.

I agree, makes you wonder if they even kill it first. Break the neck then rip it apart? Or just rip it apart?

That also makes me wonder, do ya think bigfoot might believe in a deity? Like is there a god that bigfoot might worship or say a "thank you" to?
They're more human than a lot would like to believe,,,, we did it, why not them?

It's fun to ponder, just makes me wonder.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Contrary to what posters are saying here and can be backed up on the pages of ATS there is proof of bigfoot. Sadly there is none in our zoos yet and as such many choose to believe they do not exist... like those new kinds of animals we keep hearing about being discovered on this earth. But the real shocker about bigfoot maybe that he either lives underground, is an alien of some sort or connected with aliens. If that was the case then how easy would it be to nab a bigfoot? Maybe it is not only stronger than we are but much smarter than we believe?

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy
That also makes me wonder, do ya think bigfoot might believe in a deity? Like is there a god that bigfoot might worship or say a "thank you" to?

I know what your getting at, but thats stretching it a little. I mean, I wouldn't be suprised if they buired their dead and all(Which is a decent enough reason for never finding bones), but a deity?

Nah, I wouldn't go that far.

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I went fishing today at the same place, nothing happened and we didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Whoever claimed that BF was nomadic, I think you may be right.

But, after getting kinda bored catching 4 inch crappies I put my pole down and was looking in the water right next to the shore. I saw these little "dimples" popping upward like something was poking at the surface from below. I had to look really close but I actually saw mini jellyfish! I even caught 5 of them to bring home and photograph so I could show them to y'all. Freshwater jellyfish, I've never heard of such a thing.
I did a web search on them and found that they're quite common around here.

This seems to me to be something my biology teacher should have talked about at one time or another,,,, but noooooo, I gotta live for 43 years and find out about them on my own.

We were both thinking we're gonna be famous we found a new critter!

Why have I never heard of freshwater jellyfish? Anybody else?

I did take about 19 random pics of the woods in the hope that I might see something at home when I look at them. I can post them all right from the camera if anyone wants me to. I haven't looked at them yet on the puter but I will tomorrow.
My domain "cindysplantsnstuff.com" expires on the 30th, so if I post them they will disappear then. I may get a new domain name, but I'm not sure.....

I hope y'all had a good day, I did!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Man I missed the pics Beer Guy. Can you repost them?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
I believe in Bigfoot and all, but isn't it strange that such a smelly creature exists in the wild? I'm assuming that Bigfoot is an omnivorous creature. If Bigfoot really is able to hide, use projectile weapons such as rocks, and communicate to each other while hunting, then it must have a fairly capable brain.

Humans use about 20% of their total energy intake just to keep the brain running. 20% may seem insignificant, but its actually an incredible amount of energy compared to other animals.

Now, if Bigfoot is anywhere near the cognitive level of a human-being, it also must take a fair amount of energy to keep its brain going. Take into account the enormous size and strength of Bigfoot, and you can safely say that it must take thousands of calories a day to keep living. Since animal meat gives the highest amount of protein, I'm pretty sure that Bigfoot is a omnivorous predator.

Very good analysis. You are to be commended for looking at the Bigfoot issue from a wildlife biology perspective, where it should be, and not from the ridiculous 'interdimensional being/UFO alien' silliness. Those poseurs are actually harming the true scientific investigation into the phenomena. The handful of real researchers with expertise in wildlife biology have to keep their work under the radar because of the wildly ludicrous supernatural rantings.

Bigfoot may be an opportunistic hunter, taking only small game that readily presents itself, or even carrion where found. Bigfoot is definitely an omnivore as there is ample evidence of plant material gathering. Bigfoot does not hibernate. He is too large. This accounts for the majority of sightings are in the coastal or lowland areas where winter weather is less extreme and food sources are available through the winter. The few sightings in higher forested terrain are nearly exclusively summer, suggesting the animal is seasonally migratory. Contrary to popular fiction, he does not prefer dense old growth forest -- there is too little food in that forest type. There are far more available calories that can be obtained with less effort in more open forest structures. The number of sightings found near areas that have been logged validates this. The creature may bury its dead, as some anecdotal accounts suggest. There is one unconfirmed story of a stillborn fetus or very young bigfoot dug up by a government biologist. Since no findings were ever released, I doubt the reliability of the account. No scientist would cover-up such a find. It would make his career and exponentially increase his standing in the scientific community. No government pubic land manager would allow a cover-up. His budget and staff and would double by the next fiscal year.

Overall, though, I remain skeptical. The known facts are all within the normal range of activities and behaviors of a primate that would live in the forested western regions of North America. But no reliable proof has ever been produced. I want to believe, I really do. I would like nothing better than have his existence proved. There is nothing yet to overcome my skepticism.

The hoax videos, like Patterson, only detract from the real investigation.
Fakes just create public scorn.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Personally I believe in alot of crypto creatures.......but not bigfoot.....or rather, not Bigfoot in the States.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am having a hard time buying that bigfoot exists because nobody has been able to produce a specimen, either living or dead. Even if your typical deer hunter is unable to capture and/or kill a typical bigfoot, you'd think that someone out there with the skill and equipment would try and catch one just because there would be a great deal of money in it. People would pay good money to visit an exhibiiton with a bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After reading numerous extraterrestrial sightings reports I'm of the opinion that the creature type known as bigfoot is some type of alien.

It sort of makes sense if you consider our planet hostile towards extraterrestrial races. Massive and strong aliens that are most likely good outdoor survivalists would be able to conduct more business on our planet and evade capture or killing by our governments who are doing everything they can to keep their existence a secret.

[edit on 1-12-2006 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's my theory that Bigfoot is another form of human like Neanderthal who because of its size, strength and stealthiness has no predators as an adult. They are mostly nocturnal. They're more intelligent than apes but not so sophisticated as modern humans. Like gorillas, they've learned that contact with humans usually means death, so they avoid us.

As far as no kills or bones, they may bury their dead or at least hide them from predators and scavengers. All the various bones of our human ancestors and cousins can barely fill the bed of a full size pickup. We still haven't found a gorilla ancestor, does that mean gorillas didn't have them? There's supposedly been 12 billion modern humans that have lived on the planet over the last 100,000 years but how many bones have we found older than 12K years?

Anthropology is a very funny science because about every 20 years or so, new data proves old theories aren't valid. My guess that some time in this century, several new hominids will be discovered and Bigfoot may be one of them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well, becuase they probobly would of shot or captured A MAN IN A SUIT.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello,

Thank you for the questions you posed in your original post. This is my theory:

I believe the reason that no one has captured one of these creatures is because they are, in fact, intelligent. I also believe they travel along the river-beds and creek-beds which keep them out of human sight almost all of the time. We can't find them because they don't want to be found. But I also believe they are very curious of us, so they watch us a lot more than we get to see them.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
i believe in the yeti but not bigfoot
sorry folks bigfoot is nonsense

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by britain is best
i believe in the yeti but not bigfoot
sorry folks bigfoot is nonsense

What, besides the country of origin, is the difference between the two? I always thought that the Yeti of the Himalayas is the same creature as Bigfoot in North America.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
I am having a hard time buying that bigfoot exists because nobody has been able to produce a specimen, either living or dead. Even if your typical deer hunter is unable to capture and/or kill a typical bigfoot, you'd think that someone out there with the skill and equipment would try and catch one just because there would be a great deal of money in it. People would pay good money to visit an exhibiiton with a bigfoot.

Not true!

I have posted a link to a pic of an alleged dead specimen here a couple of times. There are also people that have skeletal remains, namely the foot from the yeti/monk story.

Do a little more homework my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
those of you who know the "bigfoot" patterson film know that it is considered to be one of the critical pillars in the bigfoot "for" argument. However in this case(and others)the people behind it have come foward, admitting the hoax, yet bigfoot enthusiasts deny their confession and accept their video,ignoring one hypothesis and accepting another,from the same person dissmissing the 2nd one as unreliable.
It is for these reasons that bigfoot will never be taken seriously by the scientific or anthropology community when these people will contiuously deny logic.
Sometimes it is necessary to take a step back in order to take two steps foward.

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As I stated in my earlier post, iwantmyusername, I don't personally believe that Bigfoot exists, but you're not being particularly fair in your post...

Yes, people have come forward to claim that they were the "man in the suit" in the Patterson-Gimlin (P-G) film; the guy with the best claim to the (dis)honor would probably have to be Bob Heironimus, a tall, muscular man from Yakima, WA.

And a man named Philip Morris claims to have created the P-G suit. Morris ran a company that made costumes and props for films, so he might have had access to a suit to sell to Patterson (or, less likely, Gimlin). Except non other than John Chambers, the foremost costume designer in Hollywood (responsible for ape costumes in the movie Planet of the Apes, among others) stated, after viewing the film, that he could not have designed such a suit.

So there are the two with the best claims on being the "The Man in the Suit" and "The Man Behind the Suit". Of course, there's still one big problem: one of them has to be lying. The suit described by Heironimus bears little to no resemblance to the one Morris claims to have made.

There's no proof that the P-G film is the real deal. However, there's no proof that either Heironimus or Morris either wore or created a suit to help Patterson hoax the film, either. The only evidence at all is the testimony of the men in question, all of it provided years after the incident. And as noted above, one of them is a liar. The other might be telling the truth - also and lacks any evidence at all, like a receipt or an invoice or even an example of a believeable ape costume from the time period in question. Or he might also be a liar, a sad old man looking for his 15-minutes.

Note: The above information came from the websites listed below, as well as from my own occasional lurking at the Bigfoot Forums site.

www.rfthomas.clara.net...
www.strangemag.com...
www.strangemag.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan
...Except non other than John Chambers, the foremost costume designer in Hollywood (responsible for ape costumes in the movie Planet of the Apes, among others) stated, after viewing the film, that he could not have designed such a suit. ...

The trouble with John Chamber's denials is made them after he was in the grips of alzheimers/dementia. During this time several people asked him about the suit and he gave conflicting answers, several times denying he ever worked in the film industry.

Because of this, unfortunately, the several recordings and transcripts of the Chambers interviews cannot be relied upon. No one can know whether the interview occured during a lucid moment or while he was having an episode.

[edit on 4-12-2006 by dave_54]

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I spoke to an old time boar hunter in East Texas who hunted with hounds. He told me that he'd had an encounter with something Bigfoot like near the Big Thicket area in the late'70's. He told me he hadn't believed all the stories until he saw it himself and more importantly to him his hounds would refuse to track the animal, whining, wimpering and shaking with fear. These aren't wimpy, sissy urban canines but large tough wild boar-chasing hounds. I've read reports of dogs behaving in this manner when they scent a Bigfoot. I want the hard scientific types to explain what kind of creature can make a tough boar hound fearful. By the way, the old hunter told me the hounds had tree'd black bears and cougars, so the cryptid that is out there is definitely real enough to the dogs.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voidmaster
I just thought it'd be horrible to be a deer and get hunted by Bigfoot.
You start running away from a group, burst into a clearing, and WHAM!!! Some Babe Ruth Bigfoot just sent you to the outfield, using a tree.

Anything as incredibly strong as Bigfoot wouldn't have that much trouble killing its prey once its caught.

Bigfoot Vs. Bear

Who's your money on?

Oh my god is this the best post ever? A Babe Ruth bigfoot hits a deer with a tree? Great image.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join