It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camera's Do LYE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
old saying 'cameras never lye'

i believe they do lol, okay heres my story ive just broke my nose (2 weeks ago) i look in the mirror and my nose is straight!

i take a picture with the camera and it looks crooked

i'm there bugging everyone going "oi does my nose look bent" - they say its not but it does on cam, why?

i often find that with many pictures though in the past, i'm like "nahh thats never me"

anyone else like that? lol.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
All cameras distort.

Google Search

I think your real problem is that you are interpreting the cliché to concretely.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
of course camera's do a highly concentrated, aqueous solution of potassium hydroxide or sodium hydroxide

I'm just messing with your typo... it's lie not lye.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by alpha_omega]

[edit on 8-9-2006 by alpha_omega]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It's your mirror that's lying, my friend! Go ahead and close your right eye or part your hair on the left and look in the mirror! Which eye is closed/on which side is your hair parted? Or take a celebrity photo and reverse the image - I bet the "original" capture looks more attractive/familiar, doesn't it? We had a great demonstration almost four years ago at my school in a social psychology class where people were to judge whether or not picture A looked better than picture B of celebrities - they were all mirror images of eachother, which of course, is impossible to tell for the observer. SLRs take pictures upside-down, but to my knowledge it doesn't really make a difference.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
yeah but i feel a mirror gives you a clear idication in how 'other' people se you because theres no digiliztion..you can pull a stupid face in the mirror and thats how people will see you 'ie:- moving real time'.

a camera can make you look fatter/show your spots (if you have any) GREATER than what other people see your spots, due to the 'flash' and if you have the camera close up to your face trying to pick out something, well then its obvious your not going to like what you see :/

anyway i'm not worrying too much about my nose lol, as said its only been 2 weeks since i broke it so there very well could be swelling still round, you can't break any bone and expect it to be perfect within 2 weeks

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well I can tell you one thing, I have had speaking roles in about a dozen feature length productions now, and in every single one of them, it amazes me as to how ugly I actually am lol. I have a really hard time watching myself on camera. I always thought I was just self conscious but most of the actors I have worked with end up saying the same. It not only adds ten pounds, it screws up your hair and makes you sound funny too.

top topics

join