It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you contribute with a food recipe? cool project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is a recipe that I have used almost every fall/winter for the past 20 years or so and is wonderful on a brisk or cold autumn or winter day.

Ingredients:

. 3 c chopped potatoes
. 1 c water
. 1/2 c celery slices
. 1/2 c carrot slices
. 1/4 c onion, chopped
. 1 t parsley flakes
. 1 chicken bouillion cube or 1 c chicken stock
. 1/2 t salt
. dash pepper
1 1/2 c milk
2 T flour
1/2 lb velveeta, cubed

Directions:

Cook vegetables, bullion and seasonings until veggies are tender, about 20 minutes or more.

Mix flour with small amount of milk. Stir to get lumps out, then add remaining milk until blended. Add to veggies, cook until thick. Stir in cheese until melted. Do not boil.

Serve with warm crusty bread, such as sourdough or speepherders.

Bon apetit!!

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here is a link for temperature conversion:

www.chemie.fu-berlin.de...

The "edit" button for my polenta recipe is gone, so please note that the 375 F temperature is the same as 190 C. In that recipe, I did indicate the metric equivalent for size of the baking dish used.

[edit on 11/13/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
uphill thx fot that conversor, it will be quite usefull for some members for sure

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Vegan update of the Indian classic dish. [The original version is very high fat, with sour cream and ghee.] The specifically Indian ingredients in this dish (brown mustard seeds and garam masala) can be bought at either Indian or Middle Eastern food supply stores. If you cannot find garam masala, then make your own by combining 1/2 tsp. each of ground cumin, cinnamom, cloves, and cardamom with a pinch of your favorite type of ground pepper; mix well to combine and store in a small covered glass jar in a cool, dark cupboard. Total preparation time is 35 minutes. Serves at least 2 people.

1 large brown onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. whole brown mustard
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 bay leaf
1 clove garlic minced (about 1 tsp.)
One 15-oz can of tomato sauce -- the original recipe called for this, but I avoid tomatoes, so I substitute 1 and 1/2 cups of unsweetened applesauce with excellent results.
2 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. garam masala
1/2 tsp. ground tumeric
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 10-oz. package frozen peas, thawed
3 tbsp. soy yogurt
1 package of soft tofu, drained, cut into 1/2 inch cubes. (One package of tofu should contain at least 10 ounces of tofu to as much as 15 ounces tofu.)
1/2 cup vegetable broth, if extra liquid is needed.

Chop the onion. Add a few drops of olive oil to a medium-sized cooking pot and coat the inside bottom of the pot with the oil. Turn on a low flame and add the mustard seeds, stirring with a wooden cooking spoon for approx. 2 minutes until the seeds start to pop from the heat. Then add the chopped onion, turn up the heat to a medium flame, and stiir occasionally until the onion is softened and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the cumin, garlic and bay leaf, mixing them in. Stir in tomato sauce (or the substitute ingredient of unsweetened applesauce), coriander, garam masala, tumeric, and paprika. Heat through, and then fold in the cubed tofu, and heat through again. Add up to 1/2 cup of vegetable broth if the sauce is too thick. Cover the pot and let it heat up until it starts to simmer. Remove the bay leaf and mix in the frozen peas; reheat to simmering but do not overcook the peas. When the matter paneer is simmering once again, turn off the burner and mix in the 3 tbsp. of soy yogurt. (The fat in the yogurt is a crucial ingredient in this dish; without it, the spices taste flat and a little bitter; with it, the dish is sublime; thus, if you loathe yogurt, substitute 1 tsp. of olive oil.) Fold the yogurt gently into the matter paneer and then serve with rice or traditional Indian naan bread.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Uphill
I had tasted that recepie, delicious indeed mate^^, i love indian food or similar ones.thx a lot for share that!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Anyone ever heard of Banoffi Pie? It's served in lots of restaurants in the UK, and lots of supermarkets sell it. Well I work at the restaurant that invented it 25 years ago. I make loads of these every week and the customers just keep on coming back for more. I'm sure I'm able to pass this recipe on as its so well known, and we give it to our customers all the time, also it appears in one of our cookery books which isn't copyrighted.

First blind bake a shortcrust pastry case and allow to cool. (The pastry recipe I use is 12 oz plain flour, 8 oz unsalted butter, 2 eggs.)

Boil 2 tins condensed milk for 5 hours - make sure the tins are completely covered with water, don't puncture the tins and don't, whatever you do, allow the saucepan to boil dry or the tins will explode!

When condensed milk is cold, spread evenly over the pastry base.

Slice 6 bananas lengthwise and arrange over condensed milk.

Whip 1 1/2 pints of double cream, adding 1 teaspoon of granulated coffee mixed with a tiny amount of boiling water.

When the cream has the consistency of Mr Whippy icecream, spoon over the bananas, then sprinkle a little ground coffee over the top.

This is best eaten on the day its made, so just sit back and indulge yourself. Even the staff at the restaurant who have been there 20 or more years still adore this and can't resist just a little slice now and again.

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
About 20 years ago, I was walking along Venice Beach (California not Italy) on a windy and cold (for Los Angeles) January day and stopped in at a humble beach-front restaurant (no longer in business) to get a hot drink. They served me hot chocolate that was nothing short of amazingly good. After I begged and pleaded with the server, she told me the secret ingredient. So here's the recipe for a great cold-weather drink:

Use a cup or mug that's the size you prefer. Fill it with:
1 heaping TBSP of powdered cocoa.
Sweetener to your taste.
1 Tsp. of rum flavoring.

Optional: I sometimes add 1 Tsp. of powdered dry creamer.

Then add hot water to fill the cup and stir the contents until all is blended. Enjoy.

I have also experimented with substituting real rum for the rum flavoring but it's not nearly as good.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Squash Casserole

You can use fresh, canned, or frozen yellow squash for this. I don't measure for this. I just cook enough squash according to how much casserole I want to make.

Slice and cook yellow squash until tender then drain.
In a buttered casserole dish mix squash with chopped onion (1 large), black pepper, salt (to taste), grated cheddar cheese (1 cup - 2 cups), 2 eggs, and about 1 cup of milk.

Mix well and bake for about 40 minutes at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.

About the last 5 minutes of bakeing, sprinkle on a can of durkee fried onions on top. Watch to make sure they don't burn.

When it's done, let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.

[edit on 24-11-2006 by elaine]

Cug

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
How about another one.

Korean Bulgogi

Ingredients:
2 lbs. flank steak, strip steak, skirt steak, or sirloin tip steak. Basically whatever is cheap.
3 green onions
2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame seed oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. MSG (Accent)
1/2 tsp. sesame seed

Cut steak across the grain into paper thin strips (putting it in the freezer for 20-30 min or so will make it easier to cut thin). Add sugar and mix. (Hands work best)

In another bowl mix soy sauce, water, garlic, and sliced green onions.

Pour sauce mixture into meat, add MSG and mix.

Add sesame seed oil and sesame seeds and mix again

Marinate for at least 24 hours in the refrigerator.

Traditionally a charcoal grill is placed in the center of the table and everyone cooks their own, then place a slice on a lettuce leaf or other green with a little kimchi and roll it up.

I just stir fry it in an smoking hot iron skillet and serve over rice.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have so many recipes I want to share! I just can't choose my favorite so I picked this one as it's the least fuss.
However, I will post more than one and you may use the one you want

This is a simple yet tasty baked chicken and potato dish marinated in garlic and olive oil.

I usually cook for 2 but you can easily up the amounts to suit the amount you need.

Baked Garlic Chicken and Potatoes

2 chicken breasts, cut into even sized pieces.
3 medium sized potaoes, cut into thick wedges.
4 or 5 large cloves od fresh crushed garlic.
1/2 cup of olive oil.
Salt & pepper to taste.

Simply mix your chicken in a bowl with potatoes. Sprinkle liberally with salt and cracked black pepper, then add garlic and drizzle with olive oil.
Mix well to ensure everything is coated evenly and place on a baking tray (no foil required) ensuring they are layered individually, not on top of each other and cook at 375-400F until chicken and potatoes brown and garlic is crispy, roughly 25-30 minutes.

Serve with a fresh salad (made with my favorite dressing, a tiny amount of crushed garlic, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt mixed with a lil water.)

My husband absolutely loves this meal. You'd be surprised just how well all those flavours come together. It's simple yet very effective.

... please note - this dish should never be made for or on a date or heading out afterwards ... basically any time you require 'fresh breath' haah
I usually make it on the weekend when we're just chillin at the house

Enjoy!

[edit on 25-11-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
great! more and more recepies wonderfull^^ and all look delicious^^, this will be indeed a great kitchen reference for many in the future

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
OK mates,, new year, time stop!

i ask for a mod to close this now, when i have the time i will make the compilation and contact the admins to send it. thx to all that participate

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join