Can you contribute with a food recipe? cool project

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
hi mates,
i love to cook, i spend many hours in my kitchen cooking along the week.
i had a idea that can be funny and very cool:

all the members that want to contribute for the project will have till Xmas(24/12/2006), to post here a special food recipe.
Special because it is your favorite one, special because it is exotic, etc.
at the end of the year, i will make a compilation of all the recepies and member names, and i will print "The ATS Cooking conspiracy book, above all the kitchens"

I will do this using Word Processor.
and i will ask to the administrators to send one printed and the digital file as a gift

each of you can post more then one time, but think well, because in the case one member gives more then one recipe, i will chose just one to putt in the book.

in the final, the book will have all the recepies (one for each contributive member), with they'r respective nickname.I hope you all (and the ATS staff) like the idea

my contribution will be:

ONION AND BACON TART

ALSACE
Serve with a green salad for a lovely lunch or light supper. What to drink: Gewürztraminer or a dry Alsatian Riesling.

2 1/4 cups (or more) all purpose flour
1 cup warm water (110°F to 115°F)
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4 cup crème fraîche*
1/3 cup large-curd cottage cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
2 small white onions, very thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
12 ounces 1/4-inch-thick bacon slices cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine 1 cup flour, 1 cup warm water, and 1 teaspoon yeast in large bowl; stir to blend well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand until mixture bubbles, about 30 minutes. Stir in salt, then 1 1/4 cups flour. Mix until soft slightly sticky dough forms, adding more flour by tablespoonfuls if very sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rise in warm draft-free area until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat oven to 500°F. Lightly flour 2 large baking sheets. Lightly flour hands; punch down dough and divide in half. Roll out each half on lightly floured surface to thin 16x10-inch rectangle. Transfer each rectangle to prepared baking sheet. If dough shrinks, roll or stretch each back to size. Puree crème fraîche, cottage cheese, and sour cream in processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread cream mixture over crusts. Sprinkle onions and raw bacon over cream mixture, dividing equally. Bake tarts until edges of crusts are crisp and brown, about 14 minutes. Sprinkle generously with pepper; cut into pieces and serve.

*Sold at some supermarkets. If unavailable, heat 1 cup whipping cream to lukewarm (85°F). Remove from heat and mix in 2 tablespoons buttermilk. Cover and let stand in warm, draft-free area until slightly thickened, 24 to 48 hours, depending on temperature of room. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Makes 6 servings.

Bon Appétit

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok, this will probably be thew simplest recipe posted...

INGREDIENTS:
-Cheddar Cheese (preferably Tilamook)
-Chocolate Syrup (preferably Hershies)

DIRECTIONS:
Cut cheese into desired amount of slices if it is not pre-sliced.
Put Chocolate syrup on cheese.
Enjoy!

Ok, I know, not a big add-on to the thread, but it's een so long
since I actually cooked a unique meal, that I can't think of any
of my old recipes.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Ok, I know, not a big add-on to the thread, but it's een so long
since I actually cooked a unique meal, that I can't think of any
of my old recipes.

Well for me it looks simple...but DELICIOUS
) nice one!, i will try that this evening seeing a good movie

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi there! I thought I'd post the recipe for my favorite frosting. This is a huge hit and I'm asked for the recipe all the time.

Ingredients:

1 pint heavy whipping cream
6 oz. semi sweet choc. chips
1/4 c honey
2 T water

Mix the choc. chips, honey and water together. Melt the choc. chip mixture taking care not to burn the chocolate. Let cool to room temp. When cooled, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Carefully mix the chocolate into the whipping cream until blended.

This will frost a layer cake or a 13x9 pan. I usually put it on chocolate cake. It tastes even better the next day after sitting in the fridge for awhile. Yummm

Cug

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I make these every Christmas.

Rum Balls

Ingredients:

1 cup HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup light corn syrup
3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 80 cookies or one box)
1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Additional powdered sugar

Directions:

1. Place chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir until chips are melted. Stir in rum and corn syrup.

2. Stir together vanilla wafer crumbs, pecans, and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Drizzle chocolate mixture over crumb mixture, stirring until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll in powdered sugar.

3. Store in airtight container several days to develop flavor. Before serving, roll balls in additional powdered sugar, if desired. About 4 dozen cookies.

You can replace the rum with brandy, Bailey's Irish Cream, bourbon, Kahlua, etc.... If I make more than one type I roll the balls in different types of sugar.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Now that I've had time to think, I remember a true recipe.

Garlic & Herb Chicken

INGREDIENTS:
-Chicken Breasts.
-1/2 Garlic clove. (per breast)
-Herbs of your choice.
-Salt & Pepper.

DIRECTIONS:
Take the chicken breast and make a whole on the side in the middle
that go's as deep as the middle of the chicken.

Finely cut up herbs and garlic.

Set aside about 20% of the chopped and garlic and herbs.

Put the other 80% of the herbs and garlic into the slot/slice made
in the breast, and try to close the slot/slice as best you can.

Take remaining garlic and herbs and evenly sprinkle them over the
chicken.

Sprinkle a small amount of salt, and pepper over the chicken.

Cook and enjoy.

[edit on 9/11/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thx to all the recipes mates
, they look all very tasty

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I wish that you could use more then 1 recipe from each member, cuz I know alotta great ones, and each one contributes, ie soups, desserts, pots, etc.

I think you need something new, something you probably never tried before. So here it goes. A good old Russian recipe. It is called:

Directions on how to make KAMPOT

Basically this is a FRUIT SOUP! You can drink it like juice, eat the fruits like.....fruits, or eat it all at the same time. SO here it goes:

Take apples, sliced, strawberries, maybe cherries, and raisins. Fill the pot halfway with them. Then add water. Cook for a while, supervising all the time. Taste it. It should taste sour. Add sugar. Make sure fruits are SOFT. If not, continue cooking till soft.

This is an amazing, creative recipe. Try it! You can use other fruits, like Plums, apricots, and raspberries, but know that different fruits make different tastes. You can try em all if you want! If you want me to post more recipes, say so.

Peace out

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thx russian, it is in fact exotic

well for the "more recepies from the same member", it just depends of the total recepies we will have in the final day. if it is just a few ones, i think i can putt all, if it is a huge amount, i will pick just one from each member, or i will be compiling the text all the year.,..lol

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is my recipe for cooked greens. My favorite type of greens for this recipe is kale, but you can also substitute spinach. The dressing also goes well with string beans, chopped broccoli, zucchini (known as courgette to my friends in Europe) or other summer squashes.

Total prep and cooking time: 30-45 minutes. Total time can be reduced by preparing a somewhat larger batch of sesame seeds that you will use over a 2-3 day time span...beyond that, it loses its flavor quickly.

Serves 2 people, but for a 1-person household don't worry - the leftovers will get wolfed down within 24 hours. Just remember to refrigerate - not freeze - any leftovers.

Ingredients:

1 one-pound bunch of kale, preferably the organic type.
2 1/2 TBSP of toasted and ground white sesame seeds.
2 TBSP maple syrup or other sweetener of your choice.
2 TBSP reduced-sodium tamari sauce (or soy sauce).

Prep yourself for this project by tying back or covering your hair. Otherwise, while you are bending over the sink to clean the leafy greens, some hair could land in the greens...not a pleasant discovery at mealtime. This step becomes even more important when you are preparing larger amounts of this recipe, since more bending over bigger bowls is required when you want to provide more servings.

At the market, greens typically still have some particles of grit clinging to the roots. The easiest way to clean them is to remove their roots, fill a sink with water and throw them in to soak for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, measure out 2 1/2 TBSP of white sesame seeds. (These are the unhulled variety of sesame seeds.) Place the seeds in a small dry pan over medium heat, stirring fairly constantly. Be aware that the seeds tend to rapidly over-brown toward the end of cooking. Continue to toast the seeds until they turn shiny and honey-colored, about seven minutes. Immediately then remove the pan from the heat and transfer the seeds to a bowl so that they stop cooking. The last step is to partly grind the sesame seeds up until they are coarsely chopped. Avoid completely grinding them up in a food processor because that will make sesame paste, which is not what is wanted here. I use a small mortar and pestle to grind the seeds. Set the seeds aside for now. (At this point, any house guests will start proclaiming, "Sure smells good!")

Finish cleaning the greens. For kale, I separate the greens in 3-inch sections from the large spine...the large spine goes into the compost bin. The small hunks of clean green leaf go into a large bowl. When the greens are prepped this way, they are ready to be placed into a steamer with cold water in the bottom section. Add the greens to the steaming section, turn the stove burner on high, and cook the greens until the water has boiled for one minute. Quickly move the greens into a large serving bowl.

Measure the sweetener and tamari sauce into a small mixing bowl. Combine them thoroughly with the sesame seed mixture. Pour this dressing into the bowl of greens and mix the contents thoroughly with salad utensils. Serve to your delighted guests, and enjoy.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake

INGREDIENTS:
-Chocolate cake mix.
-15oz. can of Pumpkin.
-Can of cream cheese frosting.

DIRECTIONS:
Mix together the cake ingredients with the pumpkin.
Cook for 50 minutes.
Take out and let cool for 30 minutes.
Frost cake with frosting.
Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I make this alot ...it is yummy, quick and economical. It even tastes better the next dayas lunch at work. It came outta my very own head !! No oil, fat or salt is used in this recipe.

1 kilo premium minced beef (what we call it in OZ...not cheap hamburger mince)
1 large onion (diced)
1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh tomatoes)
1 sml can or sachet of tomato paste
Garlic, cracked black pepper and basil to taste ( maybe you like to use other herbs/spices)

Vegetables (in any quantity you want)

Carrots (juliennned or chopped round), broccoli & cauliflower flowerets, handful of green beans (fresh or frozen), mushrooms (fresh or canned champignons), spring onions (shallots), chopped zucchini, capsicum (you call 'em peppers?).

Heat a non stick frypan, add the mince and dry fry it until brown. Drain any liquid off then add chopped onion. Stir it around until everything looks evenly done then start to add the harder veges first, let it simmer a little then add the veges that cook quickest. At this point add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the garlic etc.

Stir well, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes on a moderate heat.

You can have pasta with this or maybe some creamy mashed potaoes.
You can even heat it and roll it up in pita bread.

hope you like the sound of it
resi

[edit on 1-11-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is a vegan approach to the traditional "Good Luck" New Year's meal. This recipe has been crowd-tested and approved by omnivores.

2 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen black-eyed peas.
(or an 11-ounce package of fresh or frozen black-eyed peas)
1 medium or large brown onion, chopped.
1 cup chopped celery, with leaves if any.
1 small or medium zucchini (also called courgette), chopped.
1 bay leaf.
1/2 tsp. cardamom.
2 cups of vegetable stock.

Rub the interior of a large frying pan with a few drops of olive oil. Saute the chopped onions in the pan slowly (stirring frequently to avoid burning) for 15 minutes. Add the celery and saute another 10 minutes. Transfer food to a cooking pot with the 2 cups of vegetable stock, black-eyed peas, cardamom, and bay leaf. Cover, bring to a quick boil, then turn the heat down very low and simmer one hour. Remove the bay leaf, and serve hot or warm. Leftovers if any can be frozen.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
This is a vegan approach to the traditional "Good Luck" New Year's meal.

Traditionally called Hopping John My mother in-law make that every year and it's good. I've never had it made in vegetarian form.

I'll have to put one of my recipes up here. I'll post soon.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by jensouth31]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Thank you for all the recepies^^. keep it going, Xmas is not so far at all and i will beggin to compile the book after it. thx once more.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This recipe is much more flavorful than store-bought polenta. It is savory rather than spicy, so people of all ages will like it. Leftovers freeze beautifully. If used as a side dish with meals, it serves 12 people. It's a popular contribution to parties and fund-raisers. Organic corn meal is sold in bulk (and/or packaged) at natural food stores. Refrigerate or freeze any unused corn meal. You can use a sharp knife to cut the finished product into squares or slices. In Italy, polenta is traditionally cut with a tightly held string.

2 cups of coarse, stone ground organic corn meal.
1 box (= 4 cups) "Imagine" or other prepared corn soup.
1 cup vegetable broth.
optional: 1 cup of packaged frozen corn.
(Salt is not needed since the above soup and broth are already salted.)
1 cup of boiling filtered water, to be added Only if the polenta becomes too thick.

Preheat an oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bring the two liquid ingredients (and frozen corn if desired) to a boil on the stovetop in a deep pot. Reduce the heat until the liquid is just boiling, slightly hotter than simmering. Using a long-handled (to safely avoid steam burns) wooden spoon, slowly stir the water constantly while adding the cornmeal in a very slow stream. This technique avoids the creation of lumps in the batter. Add the cornmeal in handfuls, allowing it to trickle through your fingers. The mixture will become harder to stir as all of the cornmeal is added. Never stop stirring. If the mixture becomes impossible to stir, add a very small amount of boiling water, a little at a time, adding just enough to make it possible to resume stirring. After adding all the cornmeal, stir the mixture for 20 minutes, until it pulls away from the side of the pot. During this final 20 minutes, if absolutely necessary add a bit more boiling water to make it possible to continue stirring. It may seem done before the 20 minutes are up, but the cornmeal will not otherwise have a creamy consistency. Spread a few drops of olive oil in a 2-quart baking dish (one that has a lid). Note: a 1.8 liter dish also will work. Pour or scrape the polenta out of the pot into the baking dish, leveling the top of the mixture for even baking. Place the cover on the baking dish, and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. After baking, use heatproof oven mitts to remove the baking dish, remove the baking lid, place a small heatproof wooden cutting board or other flat heatproof platter over the top of the polenta, carefully invert the baking dish so that the polenta rests on the heatproof platter, then place the serving dish or 2nd small wooden cutting board on top of the exposed bottom side of the polenta, invert again, which results in the polenta sitting right-side-up on its serving surface. Let the polenta cool for approximately 20-30 minutes, and then slice it as desired for serving.

[edit on 11/12/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I have added more than one recipe, so Umbra, do what you have to do to put the final publication together. Keep my ATS name totally removed if necessary.

[edit on 11/12/2006 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My brother-in-law who is a good cook makes these and gave me the recipe. They're pretty yummy and easy to make.

Plaza Park Squares

1 box Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix by hand in a large bowl until well mixed. Dough will be thick. Pat dough into well greased 9 x 13 glass pan.

Topping:

1 box powered sugar
8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs

Spread topping onto dough and bakc 40 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.

Sprinkle a little more powered sugar on top when it's done.
Wait until they're cool to cut into squares.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is called GOOFY CAKE.
I think they named it that because there are no eggs.
It tastes like Devils Food cake

It's really easy to make, completely from scratch, so your kids can help.
Thats how I learned, we made it often when I was a little kid.

GOOFY CAKE

2 cups of white sugar
3 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 cups cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients in mixer bowl except vinegar.
3. Blend mixture well, add vinegar and beat until foaming stops and is well blended.
4. Pour into ungreased 13x9" cake pan.
5. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes.

Use canned icing..Whatever you think might go well on devils food cake.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uphill
I have added more than one recipe, so Umbra, do what you have to do to put the final publication together. Keep my ATS name totally removed if necessary.

I wil not remove your nick names, unless you ask for it , each recepie will have they'r poster's name.

if i will chose one or more recepie from a same members, just depends of the total posts in the end, if i see we have just a few ones, i will post all, but if the posts grow much more i will just chose one, because i have little time to do it and i don't want to spend all the year doing this^^. i LOve ATS, i love Food and colinaire, and i wish to present ATS and all the members with this idea^^

P.S. please to all the members, each time you post a temperature, post also if it is in Cº or Fº, we have ppl from all the world, and the Cº or the Fº scale is using depending of the geographic zone.exemple: in USA it's normal the Fº scale but in europe it's normal the Cº one. especify always to avoid confusion.thx

[edit on 13-11-2006 by Umbra Sideralis]

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join