It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Cent arrested in Manhattan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It is being reported on CNN that...

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Rapper 50 Cent was arrested in New York on Friday for driving dangerously in an uninsured Lamborghini through Midtown Manhattan, police and witnesses said.

The recording artist, whose given name is Curtis Jackson, was pulled over by an unmarked patrol car. At first he refused a police order to get out of the car, instead making a call on his cell phone, tourist Ian Parvess said.

"Eventually the cops opened the door. ... He just got out of the car and put his hands on the car and they put the cuffs on him," Parvess, who videotaped the arrest, told Reuters.

A police spokesman said he was cited for making an unsafe lane change, driving with an expired permit, driving without insurance and driving without a vehicle registration.

He was due to be released as soon the the summonses could be written, the spokesman said.

www.cnn.com...

I'm not a big fan of the Rap industry, however I enjoy abit of his music. Of all the rappers out today 50 is one I can listen to. But is this just another example of how celebs put themself above the law?

Maybe rappers appreciate the headlines of them getting arrested, almost like its padding the Rep!. I mean driving without insurance, or expired permits? How easily this could of been avoided.

Ah if anything this will sell him a few more records. The city will get some cash through fines and 50 pads the Rep. Were looking at a win-win situation here.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Maybe he didnt have enough cash for insurance??

Was hangin out with David Coulthard a few years ago in La Manga,Spain(shameless name dropping) and He,d just bought his dad a Mc.Claren f1 road car...

Tried to get him to change his insurance company to my drummers dad,s for a laugh..and he said ''well if you can beat 300,000 quid a year''

I just said ''man you must be a crap driver lol''

anyway i just want to post so i could say..

MY 50 CENTS!!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
remember when he just use to sell crack?

new topics

join