It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America and the BIBle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I posted this once a long time ago. Do you think God supports America. I ask this cuz I am thinking of join the army. But i am very God'ly type person. I would want to ago against what God would want. There are scriptures in the bible that would lead to believe that he his not. What do you all think??

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well I cannot answer 100% accurately as I am not God and really only he knows.
I am sure you have your reasons as to why you want to join.

Being a godly person you know that "thou shalt not kill" as in the 10 commandments (Exodus 20:13).

I think that before joining you should ask yourself the following questions, why does the US fight? For what exactly? I recently watched a very good documentary that I highly recommend you to watch before you make a decision. You might think twice about asking your question.

The documentary is entitled "Why We Fight" and you can view it here; www.sonyclassics.com...

Good luck and I hope you make the right decision. And before anybody bashes what I just wrote, I do not condone fighting but I am not naive either. I realize sometimes there is no choice but to defend what you love dearly. I have family members in the Army right now and it makes me very sad when I think about what the true reason for the current conflict might be. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, if a person were to follow the whole "turn the other cheek" principle that Jesus promoted, then God probably doesn't support any war. However, evangelicals seem to think that God would be in complete agreement of the war. So...pick your stance.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If you want to go to the army then you need to really pray about the decision and seek Godly advice. One of the main questions that you need to ask yourself is, "Are you prepared to die", because if the war on terrorism continues you will have to face that.

As far as is God for America. God wants people to come to salvation through Christ and be saved for eternity. From what I've heard the U.S. is the main country that sends missionaries throughout the world. God has richly blessed this nation with finances and people willing to do this work.

But some people in U.S. have been working to remove God from our country. This has been going on for decades, and more likely since the U.S. became a nation. If we turn back to God He will heal our nation. If we continue to remove everything that speaks of God He will send judgement. 9/11 was a wakeup call, Hurricane Katrina was a wakeup call, Columbine was a wakeup call, December 7, 1941 was a wakeup call, yet we continue to snub God and tell Him to get out.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
To be honest I reall dont think God does support the war. Thats why when I was younger I didnt join. That hole thou salt not kill was one of the big things on my mine. But I believe somewhere in the bible it says its better to kill one who will kill many?? I have been talk with God about it lately. He will answer me in his own way. I am not worryed about dieing. God is always with me, if it time for me to die. Then it is time. God lets us make our own choice, free will. I posted this thread to get opinions on the matter. Ill check out that documentary.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by slymattb]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
I posted this once a long time ago. Do you think God supports America. I ask this cuz I am thinking of join the army. But i am very God'ly type person. I would want to ago against what God would want. There are scriptures in the bible that would lead to believe that he his not. What do you all think??

Isaiah 13
1 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see. 2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles. 3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness. 4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts mustereth the host of the battle. 5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.

Personally, I don't recommend the army but here's what God has to say about the judgment that he will bring against Iraq(Babylon) the land of the Chaldeans.
Also Jeremiah 50 and 51.

Look familiar, they come from a far country. I wonder who that could be. He calls the ones that rejoice in his highness.

Another prophecy being fulfilled right in front of the world.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
If you want to go to the army then you need to really pray about the decision and seek Godly advice. One of the main questions that you need to ask yourself is, "Are you prepared to die", because if the war on terrorism continues you will have to face that.

As far as is God for America. God wants people to come to salvation through Christ and be saved for eternity. From what I've heard the U.S. is the main country that sends missionaries throughout the world. God has richly blessed this nation with finances and people willing to do this work.

But some people in U.S. have been working to remove God from our country. This has been going on for decades, and more likely since the U.S. became a nation. If we turn back to God He will heal our nation. If we continue to remove everything that speaks of God He will send judgement. 9/11 was a wakeup call, Hurricane Katrina was a wakeup call, Columbine was a wakeup call, December 7, 1941 was a wakeup call, yet we continue to snub God and tell Him to get out.

on the katrina thing...

didn't god give us a rainbow as a signiture on his legal document to never send natural disasters?

dbrandt, you're saying god kills the innocent to make us aware, how can you possibly justify this?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

on the katrina thing...

didn't god give us a rainbow as a signiture on his legal document to never send natural disasters?

God said that he would never destroy the earth again with a flood. However he said that his way is in the whirlwind. He also says not to divide his land Israel. The United States did and look what happened. There were four category four hurricanes.

Nahum 1:3 The Lord is slow to anger and great in power; the Lord will not leave the guilty unpunished. His way is in the whirlwind and the storm, and clouds are the dust of his feet.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
on the katrina thing...

dbrandt, you're saying god kills the innocent to make us aware, how can you possibly justify this?

The rainbow is a sign that God would never again flood the entire earth with a flood at one time.

When Adam and Eve disobeyed sin became an aspect of their lives. Sin also entered into other parts of creation like the weather. Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
The weather shows the effects of what sin does also, it kills and destroys and causes death. Romans 6:23 The wages of sin is death.

Did God cause the events I mentioned, no but He did allow them. We are living in a world that has rejected God. And as such, death and destruction will happen and sometimes be extremely overwhelming. Man is trying to build utopia but we cannot because there are too many factors we cannot control. So we want Christ to return so death in all it's aspects will be done away with.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Do you think God supports America.

The first thing you need to define is Which God you speak of. The God of saul? The God
which Jeshua spoke of? Man Above or He Who Watches Over Us ALL ? OR are they all the same?

Being a godly person you know that "thou shalt not kill"

As I'm Sure you know the earliest translation of this is " thou shalt not MURDER

However far more important than the faith issues is the single most important issues.

If/when you join the military (what ever branch you choose) you will cross two milestones in your career, the first almost immediatly , the second if and/ or when your unit enters a combat situation.

The first is of course when you take the oath of allegiance and swear to uphold the constitution against all threats. This means that you must defend the guarantees
of the Constitution even if the "revealed truths" of your religious beliefs are in conflict
with them (IE: freedom of religious belief and expression etc.) . In short you must be willing to defend with your life if necessary the right of all, be they Wiccan,Muslim,
Satanist,Jew, or Barneyist to practice their beliefs. This does not mean that they have more right to practice than do followers of the various christian beliefs but that all have equal rights.

The second "turning point" you will pass is when you realize that all the rhetoric,
speeches,patriotic-John Wayne, democracy BS is just that BS. The Mission is not important. The only Mission/goal/ thing that matters to YOU is that your swim buddy
your mate, your Bro, gets home. The same applies to him His goal is to see that you get home. everything else is ancillary to your survival.

one of the most all encompassing "slogans" if you will is,

" All gave Some. Some gave All "

A thing to remember , War at the "in the mud level" is much different than portrayed by hollyweird or the media.
Politics,Ideology,and/or philosophic beliefs have little to do with the realities of combat.

You do not kill Tran, Ivan ,or Mohamet because you hate them. Or even dislike them.
You do not kill them because they believe different than you do, or have a different political system/belief than yours. You KILL them for a much more basic and complicated reason.

You Kill Them because they are trying to kill YOU.

Or in the Immortal words of Gen. George S. Patton, " Your job is not to die for your Country. It Is to make the other poor dumb bastard die for HIS."

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I like to hear opinions, as I have no friends of the faith, what I decide will be well made on what u say. I thought about the oath thing, well made point. I will pray. But I would still like feed back.

top topics

join