It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Ideas...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I have suggested these in the suggestion box at the top of the page, I just want to ask other members if they agree with several of my ideas:

1. When replying to a long topic, on the reply screen I would like a preview of the previous few posts (similar to short threads) instead of the 'this is a long topic' message.

2. An option in 'My ATS' which hotlinks you to your favourite boards (e.g. automotive thread
and then Area 51). Perhaps it is being abit lazy but say you like different sections over ATS, BTS, politics, it can be quite annoying having to come out of one to skip to another?

3. When the WATS winner is announced can we have a display of all those members who have recieved WATS awards? Like the winner has 20, following on 19 is etc etc.

4. A drop down box on the start new thread screen which allows you to select the forum it goes into, without having to go to the main screen and select (probably abit lazy which may consist of alot of work).

Anyway that's me washed out, just wanted to see if other members have similar ideas on keeping ATS tip-top!

Knights

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I like the WATS suggestion.

I use FireFox so I tab the others and it's no big deal.

The WATS thing would be really cool though.

Semper

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knights
2. An option in 'My ATS' which hotlinks you to your favourite boards (e.g. automotive thread
and then Area 51). Perhaps it is being abit lazy but say you like different sections over ATS, BTS, politics, it can be quite annoying having to come out of one to skip to another?

Not exactly sure what you mean here, but you do know that you can customise MyATS to show any forums you want from A/B/PTS, right? Just click the "(edit forums)" link at the top left of your MyATS screen and you'll see what I mean.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I have suggested these in the suggestion box at the top of the page, I just want to ask other members if they agree with several of my ideas:

1. When replying to a long topic, on the reply screen I would like a preview of the previous few posts (similar to short threads) instead of the 'this is a long topic' message.

3. When the WATS winner is announced can we have a display of all those members who have recieved WATS awards? Like the winner has 20, following on 19 is etc etc.

4. A drop down box on the start new thread screen which allows you to select the forum it goes into, without having to go to the main screen and select (probably abit lazy which may consist of alot of work).

Anyway that's me washed out, just wanted to see if other members have similar ideas on keeping ATS tip-top!

Knights

My answers

1 agreed

2 does this not exist maybe I read it wrong

3 agreed

4dont be lazy lol

just my thoughts good luck knights

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   

At first I did not understand but I am with you now and I think its an ok idea. Once a thread hits about 20 replies you can not view any while posting, rather than having that we can see the last few. I like that idea.

Why not just use your Favorites? Seems like the same thing if I am reading that right.

Another good idea, but I'm not sure if these are tracked. So the hands of the staff maybe tied on this one.

Albeit convenient, I think this would be a bad idea for the board. This would keep members from browsing forums and restrict publicity for existing threads. Having to click the forum you wish to post is something we can handle for now.

Knights

I like some of your ideas here, all of them are beneficial to the members. Some may put the member before the board, which in the long run would be a detriment to the member as well so some may need to be further examined. Good job though!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well many of the ideas I suggested may be more hassle to SO for usch a small inconvinience. The two main points were the award screen, where the winner of the WATS post also had the runners up, thus giving those who had been rewarded by others similar respect (ontop of the red bar showing the number of applauses).

At first I did not understand but I am with you now and I think its an ok idea. Once a thread hits about 20 replies you can not view any while posting, rather than having that we can see the last few. I like that idea.

Thanks Chissler, far better explained. Other members have said they use seperate windows, I however do not and I'm sure many others are the same.

Anyway ay feedback from Mods would be much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

(ontop of the red bar showing the number of applauses).

Well I can inform you of an ATS secret to have an idea of how many Applauses a member has. If your right click on the Post Bar, go to Properties. Look at the file name for the bar:

0m.gif = 0-9 Applauses
1m.gif = 10-19 Applauses
2m.gif = 20-29 Applauses
3m.gif = 30-39 Applauses
4m.gif = 40-49 Applauses
5m.gif = 50-59 Applauses
6m.gif = 60-69 Applauses
7m.gif = 70-79 Applauses
8m.gif = 80-89 Applauses
9m.gif = 90-99 Applauses
10m.gif = 100-109 Applauses
11m.gif = TOO MANY! - This is when you will notice the Post Bar is black. Valhall, The Vagabond, Regenmacher, loam, Benevolent Heretic are all victims of this to name a couple.

sm.gif = Staff Post Bar - It will appear yellow. Mods, Super Mods & Admin

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Also point gift system.users who have way to many points can give some of thier points to the needy like me for FREE

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   
ATS Point System

Have a look through how the System works and see how you can pull in some more points. With alittle effort the points can come easily.

new topics

top topics

join