It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are Freemasons satanic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper
I hope you're right about their intension of the GAOTU because I have never read or seen used this pentagram symbol (when inverted or broken) for anything other than in a "perverted" fashion and I would never dare want to use or display it as inverted on my door!

I mentioned something similar in another thread...that the star with one point down represents (among other things) Christ descended to earth. As for the O.E.S. logo, even it isn't universal. In the Grand Chapter of New York for example, the star is represented with one point UP.

www.easternstar-ny.org...

-Appak

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
first of all MaskedAvatar I lissen to mettal rock music.
You will find bands singing of love and all that , green day for example a punk rock group that had a last album cool nice lirics, and that song "I walk alone" cool master piece it won awards, now if you are a flamed cristian that is u'r busines, if you deside to make all the religions in the world satanic.
There is metalica that is way cool nice lirics also The man of the band is like convinced of god.

What I can agree with you on is that yes masonary is not a clean thing, at least I dont see it like that, I dont know about others.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Try the following heavy metal bands and tell me they're not slightly Satanic:

Gorgoroth
Immolation
Bloodbath
Nasum
Old Man's Child
Pig Destroyer
Naglfar

[edit on 5-3-2006 by Roark]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Try the following heavy metal bands and tell me they're not slightly Satanic:

Gorgoroth
Immolation
Bloodbath
Nasum
Old Man's Child
Pig Destroyer
Naglfar

I dont like metal where some guy screams.
I like music that makes sence cool chitar acords and and some one who knows how to sing.
I''m sorry I dont not listen to any of those bands, I never hert of them.
Now it depends what kind of rock music you like.
I like Mettal music with hard electric chitar efects but I belive the bands mentioned above sort of roars (screems)in stead of singing.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MaskedAvatar

What sort of satanist are we talking about here? There are three main types that I'm aware of:
I. Theistic Satanism, which is the worship of a literal Satan, including rituals, etc.
II. Nominative Satanism, which is a collective of ancient rituals to no Satan in particular; it's just a name for generally violent practices (think Bohemian Grove).
III. LeVayan Satanism- LeVayan satanists are atheists who use Satan as a symbol of rebirth and freedom. Think of it like a very dark secular humanism.

The "satanists" in heavy metal usually aren't either one -- Slayer, for example are not Satanists, and neither were Black Sabbath. In Freemasonry, I think there are more of the second sort than any other, and in heavy metal, there are probably more of the third type, but nowadays most heavy metal musicians are not satanists of any kind. They're usually athiest or agnostic, in my experience. Heavy metal musicians are generally not violent either. Norman Vincent Peale is more violent than Toni Iommi.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MaskedAvatar

I hope you don't talk like this in person. What a bore! Pardon me but you sound like you need some relaxation.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
No Freemasons are not Satanic. The Pentagram isn't a Satanic symbol. The pentagram has long been associated with the planet Venus, and the worship of the goddess Venus, or her equivalent. It is also associated with the Roman word lucifer, which was a term used for Venus as the Morning Star, associated with the bringer of light and knowledge. It is most likely to have originated from the observations of prehistoric astronomers. When viewed from Earth, successive inferior conjunctions of Venus plot a nearly perfect pentagram shape around the zodiac every eight years.

When Albert Pike wrote about 'Lucifer' being the "Light", he meant it in an esoteric sense where Light represents knowledge. The planet Venus is a symbol for this as it refered to as "The Morning Star" which is the "Light Bringer". It is true that modern day Satanists use an inverted Pentagram as their symbol but Pentagrams have been used by many different people to mean many different things.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by greenkoolaid

NO

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Today I saw a car with a Freemason emblem on the trunk as well as an upside down pentagram. Above the pentagram are the letters O B S.

No it had OES not OBS. It stands for the Order of the Eastern Star; a co-ed branch of the Freemasons. And no, no satanism.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

It should aslo be noted the Pentagram has had various meanings since it's conception.
The most lasting has been as a symbol to ward off evil, though some Wiccans have also told me it stands as a symbol of man.
Like all symbols it's open to interpretation.
And, like many symbols it was called evil by the Church, who would either absorb what parts of the local religion they could, or denounce the rest as evil, regardless of it's actual direction.

As for hy the OES chose the symbol, I only know the general story of the symbol.
Remember, the Eastern star is what guided the Wise Men to the manger, one of the reinterpretations of the symbol was the downward pointing point of the star pointed to the manger.
Another of the reinterpretations showed each point as representing the wounds of Christ.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

It should aslo be noted the Pentagram has had various meanings since it's conception.
The most lasting has been as a symbol to ward off evil, though some Wiccans have also told me it stands as a symbol of man.

I would say the Wiccan interpretation is correct. The symbol appears to have been invented by Pythagoras, who used it both as a symbol of perfected man and of the elements.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The pentagram predated Pythagoras by nearly three thousand years. It was found on potsherds together with other signs of the Uruk Period (Ancient Mesopotamia, circa 3500 B.C.) associated with the earliest known developments of written language.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here's a nicely done article that actually names some sources.

An excerpt:

...De Vogel, Goff and Van Buren [1] tell us that the use of the pentagram dates back to Uruk IV (c.3500BCE) in ancient Mesopotamia where the general sense seems to be "heavenly body." By the cuneiform period (post 2600 BCE) the pentagram or symbol UB means "region," "heavenly quarter" or "direction". "That this symbol always has a specific unambiquous meaning continues to be an unsupported hypothesis."[13] It is found on potsherds in the location of Uruk (near the mouth of the Gulf), and more frequently on Jemdet Nasr (3100-2900 BCE) and Proto-Elamite tablets (3000-2500 BCE). [10] Examples elsewhere are infrequent. [2] [...]

Hope this is helpful.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Here's a link which offers an explanation of the OES's symbol's meaning.

In Eastern Star lore, it's a symbol of that specific Biblical 'eastern star' which guided the Magi to Bethlehem to see the Christ child. The downward pointing ray represents the light of the star coming to the earth and Christ incarnate as man. Note the crown and scepter in the golden pointing downward.

Though somewhat archaic in style, the logo is drawn entirely from Christian symbolism and intent. OES continually denies that the symbol in any way is demonic or satanic.

[edit on 12/27/0808 by Sandalfon]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus_Fallen

It's interesting, at least. Apparently it's a symbol that no one is really sure what it means.
Thanks for the read, I'll definetly be bookmarking it for later.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just because the coat of arms have cherubs with cloven hoof, everyone thinks that they are aligned with satan.

Just because the elves help Sant claus get the presents ready for Christmas, it doesn't mean that they like him.

The organization may well be satans representatives on earth but most of it's members aren't aware of it because of the good that they do, they raise a heap load of money for other masons and in the Uk they own the national lottery so they they raise Billions for themselves and for others too.

Charity should begin at home, and that's how it works. They even get non masons to give them money via their charity shops like Demelza House in the Uk. This way, they can help the rest of the population because they have the money to do it.

Masons are really cool guys, if you get to meet one and they are honest enough to admit it as they are often shy people who don't want people to know about all the charitable work they do. So give them a break.

God knows their heart and even if the organization itself is pro satan, most of the members aren't. I hope this helps clarify.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by markusjharper
I also use the Tetragrammaton (6-pointed star) - a very powerful symbol and it can only be used for good - from what I understand anyhow. The pentagram fits inside of the Tetragrammaton and it is completed with the cross (of the Kabala) inside of the pentagram.
[edit on 4-3-2006 by markusjharper]

For anyone reading this post later on... The "Tetragrammaton" is NOT the 6-pointed star which is known as "The Star of David" -- it is something else entirely (google it).

Poor word choices aside, I wish MarkusJHarper would have included an image of the symbol to which he refers -- it sounds beautiful (visually and symbolically), but I can't quite picture it...

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
if only i was able to APPLAUSE maskedavatar for the metal thing haha hes so right!
its about time all the "proud fathers" to stop blaming masons and to take control of theyr emo child who wears pentagram tshirts and worships satan.

imo the pentagram is kinda a magic symbol,used by some mason cults. it has the colors representing the elements.
but an upside down pentagram is pretty satanic xD no rly

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know the original post is old but i'll respond anyways. It probably said OES which is order of the eastern star, kind of a womans masonic organization.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join