It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So are Freemasons satanic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Today I saw a car with a Freemason emblem on the trunk as well as an upside down pentagram. Above the pentagram are the letters O B S.

There have been many people saying that Freemasons are satanic. I have always thought that the pentagram was a satanic symbol.

Can someone please explain the symbolism here to me.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Some are, some aren't.

The proportion of Freemasons who are Satanic is probably a little lower than in the general population.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Does it depend on what temple they go to, or where in the world they are?

The pentagram emblem looked just like the freemason emblem, accept for the symbol.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That would be O E S....

Order of the Eastern Star, which is a concordant body to Freemasons.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks rahboni, so is it a satanic thing?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thanks rahboni, I couldn't place "OBS".

The Order of the Eastern Star is sometimes what is called part of 'co-Masonry', it admits members who have connections with Freemasons including women.

You will see some writers convinced that some higher degrees are about Luciferian worship. It's not the case.

My first comment was that if you believed for some reason that Satan was the one supreme being, then you would not be prevented from joining if all else about you checked out OK. No-one would stop you any more than if you believed in any other supreme being.

I have never met any Satanists who are Masons. I doubt that many of them would be all that interested.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yes masons are satanic

*waits for MA to jump in*

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I just went to the official website.

www.easternstar.org...

It says that it is open to members of all faiths. It says it is based on passages from the bible. Nothing about satanism.

There are over 1 million members.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OK, I'll jump in.

1. Read the 'HANDY HINTS' topic, where ATS users are encouraged to read threads from cover to cover to familiarise themselves with the subject matter and the views of all members who have participated.

2. I have already responded twice, even going so far as clarifying my first non-Satanic statements about the incidence of Satanism in Freemasons.

3. I believe that there are more people who listen to heavy metal music that are Satanists than there are Freemasons who are Satanists.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My pleasure, MA...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
OK, I'll jump in.

3. I believe that there are more people who listen to heavy metal music that are Satanists than there are Freemasons who are Satanists.

Any proof to this i listen to metal i am not a Satanist

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The proof would be derived as follows:

1. Interview all Freemasons worldwide and establish how many believe that Satan is the supreme being. Also, ask them if they listen to metal, to avoid duplication.

2. Interview all metal listeners worldwide (except metal listeners who are Freemasons) to determine how many believe Satan is the supreme being.

3. Remove Freemason metal listeners from the equation.

4. Compare the total Satanist Freemasons as a proportion of all Freemasons (X) with the total Satanist metal listeners as a proportion of all metal listeners (Y).

5. If X < Y, my case is proven.

6. In devising the questionnaire I would recommend specific attention being paid to the lie scales and social desirability scales. A segment of both groups may lie about being Satanists, but in the area of social desirability it is likely that more metal listeners will lie in the affirmative that they are Satanists, because as a metal listener it is socially desirable to be a Satanist (even for Christian metal listeners) while for Freemasons it is not.

QED.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The proof would be derived as follows:

1. Interview all Freemasons worldwide and establish how many believe that Satan is the supreme being. Also, ask them if they listen to metal, to avoid duplication.

2. Interview all metal listeners worldwide (except metal listeners who are Freemasons) to determine how many believe Satan is the supreme being.

3. Remove Freemason metal listeners from the equation.

4. Compare the total Satanist Freemasons as a proportion of all Freemasons (X) with the total Satanist metal listeners as a proportion of all metal listeners (Y).

5. If X < Y, my case is proven.

6. In devising the questionnaire I would recommend specific attention being paid to the lie scales and social desirability scales. A segment of both groups may lie about being Satanists, but in the area of social desirability it is likely that more metal listeners will lie in the affirmative that they are Satanists, because as a metal listener it is socially desirable to be a Satanist (even for Christian metal listeners) while for Freemasons it is not.

QED.

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

Nice tryn but most metallers believe in Buddha i a kid you not they channel there energy through Buddha i read an interview from a magazine called PIT and there was an interview from a guy from a band called Morbid Angel
he was asked if he was actually a Satanist he replied "# No" .
O.K the lyrics may sound satanic tho but they have to go with the music you cant write lyrics about love to a really fast tune not in metal you cant

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Excellent!

Let's add a dimension to the Freemason/metal listener comparative Satanism continuum study, and ask all Freemasons whether they are Buddhists, and all metal listeners whether they are Buddhists, and now compare the respective proportions of Buddhism and Satanism for both groups.

I would like to hear back from you, though, on how to manage the intersection that is caused by Buddhists who are Satanists?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Buddhists who are Satanists?! never heard of dual religion in that sense both are non compatable i guess.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
But what you feel you write musically some metallists write about Satan some are hidden satanists some are not Satanists.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hmmm...ok.
I listen to metal, among other genres. I am not a Buddhist or Satanist. Some religion survey pegged me as a Universalist or something. I was brought up and continue to be a member of the United Church of Canada (ie: Protestant).

And, I'm a Freemason.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
rahboni

Thank you kindly!

Three down; 57,243, 919 to go!

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Rahboni,

Ok, now that we have established that the OES is not satanic. Could you please explain to me the significance of the pentagram to them?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Bleh a perfectly good subject ruined by people arguing about nonsense

The pentagram has commonly been associated with Satanism. It comes from wickia, each point being all the elements of earth. Christians would argue that wickia or witchcraft comes from Satan. Others would argue that witchcraft comes from the earth. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

My personal experience is that witchcraft is something not to be messed with. When a person does a negative deed towards a person. You get it back on you 3 times worse. I 've heard tones of disturbing stories. I met witches. I've had witches approach me. Telling me they saw something in my eyes. So yes witchcraft exists. Yes it does have power, but I don't think it has power that is supreme. I believe that supreme power lies in God.

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by oconnection]

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by oconnection]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join