It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran developes cure for HIV/AIDS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure if we will find any drugs that will "cure" aids but I'm pretty sure that someday we will use nanobots to hunt down the viruses and kill them. But if I got aids somehow I rather try to work out and run to maybe see if it will keep it under control because I dont trust nanobots at all.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
im actually offended by your American comment.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am not suprised by some of the responses from people acting as though Iran is like incapable of accomplishing things. Obviously people are only going by what others say and they don't even know any Iranians or how intelligent they can be.

This is from Wikipedia:

Science in Iran, as the country itself, has a long history. Iranians contributed significantly to the current understanding of nature, medicine, mathematics, and philosophy. To mention a few. Persians first discovered Algebra, invented the wind mill and found medical uses of alcohol.

In present times, scientists in Iran are trying to revive the golden age of Persian science. Iran has increased its publication output nearly tenfold from 1996 through 2004, and has been ranked first in terms of output growth rate followed by China. [citation needed]

Theoretical and computational sciences are rapidly developing in Iran. Theoretical physicists and chemists are regularly publishing in high impact factor journals. Despite the limitations in funds, facilities, and international collaborations, Iranian scientists remain highly productive in several experimental fields as pharmacology, pharmaceutical chemistry, organic chemistry, and polymer chemistry. Iranian scientists are also helping construct the Compact Muon Solenoid, a detector for CERN's Large Hadron Collider due to come online in 2007. Iranian Biophysicists (especially molecular biophysics) have gained international reputation since the 1990s. High field NMR facilities, as well as Microcalorimetry, Circular dichroism, and instruments for single protein channel studies have been provided in Iran during recent decades. Tissue engineering and research on biomaterials have just started to emerge in biophysics departments.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Obviously the Iranians want their HIV infected homosexuals healthy...

before they stone them to death.

apc

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well... the first thought in my mind was "Great. So now if they get vaporized they can be on record saying 'We cured AIDS!'" Indeed, the propaganda machine cranking away.

And I would just like to add to the totally biased and irrelevant tangent, that the infection rate of non-IV related heterosexually transmitted HIV is extremelely low. So low that it is almost a writeoff. And for some reason my cat is scratching at a blank spot on my wall right now... See... irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sounds like the Iranians have grown overly fond of all the media attention their nasty little nuclear program has caused.

What next "Elvis found working in Tehran as bus driver".

How can you take a country seriously that preaches so much hatred and ignorance and is about 400 years behind the rest of the World in terms of social evolution.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

You have voted Mehran for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I'm sorry that people are too busy mocking what good can come of this. This is, in part, what I meant by showing what good comes from your country. you could well include things that are historically worht the whole world being proud of. It's good to be proud of your country, and you managed to not look like the biggest a**cake in the process. Find more things like this, and try to be more accurate. We from America find things like this, here from our people, all the time. We're here to hound these type of things out. We have few people from there to find things out for us. I'm still quite the "nuke them all" type, but this does a lot to tone down not only your vitrol level, but mine as well. Keep it up.

But that doesn't mean you have the samrtest people. This is opinion, and the way it is stated automatically riles up typical Americans, and those of other places who have a superiority complex about local stuff.

The smartest man in recent history was an Aboriginie. He looked like a Neanderthol, to boot.
The best trained aren't trained in Iran, yet.
The best achieving professionals are often Americans, still (education system vs what we produce,
).

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
National Trust

Originally posted by jlc163
I'm sorry that people are too busy mocking what good can come of this.

I agree.

Skepticism is fine, but let's knock off the nation-bashing.

We're better than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
National Trust

I agree.

We're better than that.

baloney....how many times do I have to hear about "Bush & Co ruining the world" and "american massacres 3000" and other kind of crap like that.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ignorant omg!!!
You are ignorant and your stupid human rights bull.... look at the world!!!
That brought us where we are today couse morons allways justifing what extremists do.
Iran mortal enemy" yes it is you are the ignorant one Iran publicly said its ajatolas the world will be conqured by islam all will pay with blood for offending muhamed are you stupid to miss signs like that.
"O people will die omg inocent people oh i cant stand it" that is a fagget ,pu... look at the war and thats why we can very well lose and ignorance of course!
Dont talk to me sitting there safely in Canada I have been bombed many times in former Yugoslavia,war is a nasty buissnes,but if they want it lets give them war the only thing stoping us is your and a people alike with your human right bull.... look at this problem.
If some sand country that is mentaly (not technologicly)in 15 century is threating the developed world i say no discussions "NUKE EM" problem solved the world can move on to a greater couse conquering universe and working together to do so.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by Pretorian03]

(Mod note: Warning issued. No edits made. Please review these links: Courtesy Is Mandatory, AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use. Please refrain from further diatribes of this kind, and feel free to contact me via U2U if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this action. --Majic)

[edit on 9/10/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
ok , first question who " invented " this miracle cure , the article does not say -- but the graphic does bear the name of "Hulda Regehr Clark"

she has a write up on QUACKWATCH

wow , she cured cancer too

and has a ZAPPER that cures " parasites "

but is on the wrong end of several LEGAL_ACTIONS

DR clarke is a real doctor with several genuine degrees and honours , alas - NONE are for anyof the " miracle cures " she now touts .

and as noted the FDC is taking action against retailers of her products .

Now leaving aside Dr clarke for a second .

could an iranian scientific team make a revolutionary breakthrough in AIDS / HIV research - of course they could

but as noted AIDS / HIV is a very complex condition which would NOT have a single " silver bullet " cure

and more imporantly -- a breakthrough would be unlikey to come " out of the blue "

reasearch would [ read , IMHO should ] have generated realms of precursors that had limited effectiveness against a single symptom or element of the AIDS / HIV condition .

the fact that the iranian " breakhthrough" is both anonymous and " out of the blue " is very suspicios

if a team really had been working on this cure , they would have generated paper after pasper , as thier project advanced

where are they ?

IMHO the iranian dept of propaganda is peddling the claims of a QUACK for disinformation purposes .

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Our governments distribute viruses and cures at their discretion, so any advancement is hypothology.

(typo)

[edit on 10-9-2006 by menguard]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
So what? A cure will never be found?

Quite possible correct. We have never cured a virus. Mainly because viruses continuosly evolve. We now can only begin to treat Rhino-Viruses such as the common cold. HIV is a retrovirus the nastiest of the nasties. The best course of action is to develop a vaccine to prevent transmission and treatments to ease the suffering of those infected. A cure may come but I'm not expecting one in my lifetime.

A cure will only be found by caucasians? The western world is the only place where such a breakthrough could be made?

No one has made any such comment. But if you have to point the finger at someone then point it at Mehran. He opened his post with an incredible claim with his usual spouting nationalistic sentiments. The Nerdling's criticism while against the T&C was the best kind other than not responding at all. Iran develops cure for HIV and they decide to inform Mehran and not the WHO and the rest of the world

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Originally posted by Majic
National Trust

I agree.

We're better than that.

baloney....how many times do I have to hear about "Bush & Co ruining the world" and "american massacres 3000" and other kind of crap like that.

Problem is, Iran is telling them world they have solved a major problem. THey have done some good. But people refuse to give them the opportunity to explain, and outright label them liars... before they've investigated.

Thats pre-mature and pretty ignorant.

The USA has actually ruined a country.. removed freedoms from its citizens.. blown a budget.. and made the world less safe.

The World is justified in mocking the US and Bush because of the pain theyve inflicted on the world, under extremely suspicous circumstances.
ATS members ARENT justified in mocking IRAN, simply because that country is the next in their governments cross hairs.

I hate to tell you XPHILES the USA's opinion of other nations isnt the only issue on the planet at the moment.
It just happens to be an issue that is increasing the worlds ANTI AMERICANISM due to its government, and its sheepish population that refuse to question it.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Is this really a relible source? I can belive it if i hade some facts.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6

A cure will only be found by caucasians? The western world is the only place where such a breakthrough could be made?

No one has made any such comment. But if you have to point the finger at someone then point it at Mehran. He opened his post with an incredible claim with his usual spouting nationalistic sentiments. The Nerdling's criticism while against the T&C was the best kind other than not responding at all. Iran develops cure for HIV and they decide to inform Mehran and not the WHO and the rest of the world

Prejudice is rife on these boards by those led by the media to believe that Iran as a state, and Iranians as a people are somehow evil. It is distasteful and disturbing for me to know that I am part of a community frequented by folk who hold such ignorant views. This is exactly what I see reflected in the mocking of the OP by Nerdling and others on this thread.

Deny Bigotry

I would also like to add that Nerdling's first post on this thread is a one liner, showing scant regard for the T&C, but I suppose because he's a Mod, that makes it OK?

Blatant double standards.

[edit on 10/9/06 by Implosion]

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

And I would just like to add to the totally biased and irrelevant tangent, that the infection rate of non-IV related heterosexually transmitted HIV is extremelely low. So low that it is almost a writeoff.

Most cases of HIV or aids are not in the US or industrialized world. If you're basing the above statement on an area that has only 2 percent of the total number of cases (as far as young people are concerned) and applying that to everyone with the disease, I think that is a mistake.

In countries where HIV/AIDS is a major problem, the main method of HIV transmission is heterosexual intercourse. Feel free to read this link for more information.
www.unfpa.org...

To suggest that there is almost no risk from heterosexual contact could easily cost someone their life.

my 3 cents

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I hate to tell you XPHILES the USA's opinion of other nations isnt the only issue on the planet at the moment.
It just happens to be an issue that is increasing the worlds ANTI AMERICANISM due to its government, and its sheepish population that refuse to question it.

Lol. Sheepish population. Thats funny considering we've been trying to get the facts straight for years but every time we do people either disappear, end up dead, or we're just told we're idiots by people from abroad.

Then again, everyone is so focused on America f-ing up that they fail to realize the same thing is happening there, sometimes even to a greater extent. I'm looking at you Britain.

Prove to us that Iran has cured AIDs. Show us documentation proving without a doubt that they've done the impossible, that they have done what the entire world has been unable to do. All I've seen so far is an article from an Islamic news agency. I'm not seeing any verification or confirmation from the global scientific community.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a cure for nothing will come from that part of the world, except peace

okay, that was a little mean but this is some funny "news"...

i thought the original poster was actually serious at first

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I notice that our OP hasn't commented lately...
Mehran... it is considered good form, and responsible, to comment from time to time, on a thread that YOU start...

Without additional commentary, it makes it seem like you were just wanting to brag, rather than enlighten, or be enlightened...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join