It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran developes cure for HIV/AIDS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, I'll watch with mild interest.
Would be cool if it were so.

But I don't trust anything out of Iran anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
But I don't trust anything out of Iran anymore.

I am sure they feel the same way towards much of the outside, non islamic world,
but lets all just have a great big hug anyway...

Mehran, be proud of your country,
The Persian Culture has a long and beautiful history...

but please be real in regards to your leadership...
we are being real towards ours... and it is helping to cut thru the propaganda by both sides...

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am not exacly sure but don't people die from the diseases that result from the symptoms of AIDS/HIV and not the disease itself.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Wizard_1988]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I am sure they feel the same way towards much of the outside, non islamic world,
but lets all just have a great big hug anyway...

Well, all things considered, I honestly would'nt either.
And I'm not bashing either side with that comment.

The Persian Culture has a long and beautiful history...

Yes, indeed it does, one of the birth places of Civilization.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't believe anything any side has to say anymore.

I guess I'm safe, eh?
(er... I think that call it "paranoid", realy)

I must confess that I love the potential irony of a cure for HIV being discovered just before an American bomb blows it up.

"Yurika!! I've found-" *BOOM*

I'm such a cynic these days that I think it would serve us (humanty) right.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It would be nice if someone discovered a cure for a disease so many have been suffering and dying from. I can also see a conspiracy angle to this if it eventually turned out to be true one day. For instance I could imagine a secret society that controls most of the world governments invented the disease to thin the world population. Then a rogue country such as Iran outside of their zone of influence actually starts work on an actual cure for it. I'll just finish this post by saying good luck to anyone who is close to finding a cure for Hiv or Aids, Cancer, and a number of the big world diseases.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Oh, and by the way, there's already a nother thread about this
that was started two days earlier than this one.

dbates Iran/AIDS Cure Thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It is CHINAS not Irans.
China developed a partial cure.
Iran is just stealing it like everything else and than saying it made it with the grace of allah of course.
Like they made the nuclear power plants with allah help when every1 knows russians did it,like they made the sahab-3 missiles(remake of russian missiles just a different name)
iranians are just full of s....
And frankly i hope the U.S. kicks the s... out of your country for all the remarks made in the past year and your big mouth.
And by the way I am not American too!!!

[edit on 9-9-2006 by Pretorian03]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Can we please keep the blatent displays of ignorance to a dull roar?

FFS, this isn't a game. Lives are going to be lost.
If you feel so strongly about kicking the s.... out of Iran, take your big yap and enlist to go fight.

Might just smarten you up a bit and teach you some damned respect for human life.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i don't understand what all the arguing is about?! i don't care if some little island country called Galapagos discovered how to control HIV/AIDS, that's not what matters really. as a matter of fact, a citizen of Iran discovered it or whatever. that doesn't mean Iran discovered it. Iran isn't a living being. it's the name of an area. besides, the man lives on Earth as well. we might as well say Earth discovered it.

all in all, i think it is a pretty cool discovery. i didn't expect it to turn into and argument. good news for once on here and then the same old arguing. i think you all are just too used to arguing with Mehran and others on the topics that DESERVE debate. although i did not read every post, i feel i am probably the first person to say that this is a cool disovery instead of arguing who created it or arguing that it is not a cure. it might not be a complete cure, but if it can make you live full without noticing the effects of AIDS, i will go ahead and call it a cure, technically.

[edit on 9-9-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
From what I understand we're going to have an HIV virus for a very long time. The virus itself is mutating which makes an effective vaccine extremely difficult to produce.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Originally posted by Mehran

Originally posted by Nerdling

No, really.

typical american response. didn't expect any better.

I'm not American.

How do you know hes not lying?

[edit on 9-9-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This isn't much of a discovery. I'm not even sure you can classify it as such. There are many different medications that allow people to live full lives without ever having the effects of AIDs. The problem is, these medications cost quite a bit of money. Recently they found a way to put all of these medicines into a single pill rather than take a plethora of medications, but again, its very expensive.

From what I read, they're trying to boost the immune system rather than go after what causes the immune system to fail in the first place. They're also testing this on animals. My question is are they giving animals AIDs and then testing their "discovery" on them or are they just testing their "discovery" on normal animals? Obviously there is a huge difference between the 2.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Damn, I hate it when these topics come up because I can never keep my mouth shut.

Sorry, I can't get past the "plus easy instructions for an electronic circuit that lets you zap the virus"...

The Hulda Clark Zapper actually works, but recently I found an even better way. Check out "microelectricitygermkiller" in Yahoo Groups. They have been having amazing results with nothing more than a battery and some wire. OK, stop laughing until after you check it out,,, really, I'm serious. I use it myself on colds and infections and other ailments.
People are using it with success on HIV, hepatitus, toothaches, warts,,,, it's a big list.
I'm not gonna say much more about it, people are way too quick to judge.
All I want to do is help, please read about it and/or try it before you judge me.
It'll cost you less than 10 bucks to give it a try.

I don't think people should be arguing about the semantics of the OP, it's a possible cure for HIV/AIDS! Does it really matter if he called it the wrong name?
This electrical "cure" has been around since the 1920's. Iran didn't invent it, but they could possibly be aware that our government started calling all such cures "snake oil" because there wasn't enough money to be made if they stayed mainstream. Electricity heals, you just have to apply it.

My 13 cents....

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The problem is it isn't a cure. Nothing is being cured. Thats why it isnt a cure.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The problem is it isn't a cure. Nothing is being cured. Thats why it isnt a cure.

You are right, the article says "takes care of the symptoms" and not much more....

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
As has been said 'tis not a cre but merely another tool for paliative care.
Bit like pain relief in terminal cancer I reckon.

Not a cure just the hope that you may live longer towards the day they find one.
Besides Islam has a cure for homosexual AIDS its called execution

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god

Firstly, that's not funny in the least bit.

Secondly, AIDS is AIDS, no matter if the person is homosexual,
bisexual or heterosexual.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
its not so much about the misleading title but about the fact that many people are ignorant when it comes to iran. they believe everything they hear on the news and believe that iran is their mortal enemy and all of that "allahs grace" talk. its really quite the opposite. just cause the government does not like the usa, doesn't mean the people hate the us. the two things should be kept separate.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allah the moon god

Was that really necessary? Not funny at all, and very saddening that somebody would find this amusing.

I feel that the only way anybody will ever find a cure for anything is when the people in power have it, that is, if we were ever told about their illness in the first place.

There's more money in treatments than in cures, so with that being said, it will be a long time before there is any type of cure, at least with the system we are in now. All that matters is money, there are few doctors that actually see their patients as people and not a payday.

I hope this world will come to it's senses soon, if not, we're in big trouble.

Peace, love, and light to all.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join