It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lone Phone Call Theory of 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
IMHO, the Lone Phone Call theory completely explains what caused 911--if indeed an American gvmt official instigated 911 (which I am NOT claiming is the case).

What is the Lone Phone Call theory of 911? It is simply that, if an American gvmt official wanted a Pearl Harbor style attack on US soil, he would best accomplish it by simply making a single phone call to the Bin Laden family (or someone else who knew Osama Bin Laden) and ask them to arrange for a "Pearl Harbor" style event on US soil, and to at the same time request they let him know a few days ahead of time on which day and at which targets the attack would occur but otherwise to make no further contact or comment regarding this issue.

First, all other theories (in which Bush is somehow complicit in instigating 911, as opposed to preventing an attack he knew was coming) are too complicated technically and logistically and would be almost certain to fail or become exposed.

Second, there is no need to bring down the WTC towers to terrorize the USA into becoming scared sheeple. The national horror of watching a jetliner strike even one tower, combined with the horror of watching a jet strike on two other DC targets, would suffice to fulfill the PNAC dream of a new Pearl Harbor--even if the tower never fell.

Third, IMHO, there is no evidence that the towers fell by any method except by the jet strikes and the resulting damage they caused. IMHO, every challenge to the official story has been squarely met with solid scientific-based evidence or theory and apolitical experts. Also, I have personally found major flaws or factual errors in every 911 challenge I have personally researched (though I now provide the disclaimer I am only a software engineer and that I have not researched every challenge).

Fourth, no one would ever risk having even ONE American witness to a plan to cause 911. The secure phone call to the Bin Laden family is all that is needed to get the operation underway. The mastermind wouldn't want to be a part of detailed planning of this operation because it would expose him to later justice. As such, the resources needed to carry out any other style of attack (for example, controlled demolition, remote control jets, missiles, etc) could not have been carried out by anyone other than a top-level gvmt official, and had they done so, there would have been many witnesses and co-conspirators. This is unrealistic to believe Bush or Cheney or any American official would needlessly inject themselves into the planning of 911 when all they had to do was make one phone call and have a major terror network do it themselves.

Is it POSSIBLE such a Lone Phone Call was made? Yes, of course. But unfortunately, it is impossible to prove or disprove that such a phone call was made unless the recipient of such call comes forward.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There is lots of evidence that such plots and acts have been well thought out in a conceptual basis well before hand. So your theory holds some promise as discretion is most important in these issues and there is lots of known groups that can handle the logistics and supply puppets to do the dirty work. But that does not explain the entire disabling of the control and defense system in the US, which is substantial due to the past cold war etc.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
There is lots of evidence that such plots and acts have been well thought out in a conceptual basis well before hand. So your theory holds some promise as discretion is most important in these issues and there is lots of known groups that can handle the logistics and supply puppets to do the dirty work. But that does not explain the entire disabling of the control and defense system in the US, which is substantial due to the past cold war etc.

Ahh, yes! The control and defense system. Thanks for reminding me!

So, let's assume for a second the Lone Phone Call theory is accurate. In this scenario the gvmt mastermind would at some point receive feedback as to the time and place of the planned attack (OK, so it would be TWO phone calls intead of one -- ha ha) so that HE or his family or friends wouldn't become a victim. The mastermind might then conceivably undertake certain low-risk actions to, first, increase the chances of success of the attack he in fact did not plan, and second, ensure that certain certain people are framed for the attacks once they are carried out.

Hence, disabling the command/control system, or planting passports at ground zero, and so on, are not indicative of a different theory. Those actions are consistent with the Lone Phone Call theory (and other theories too). These actions are MUCH lower risk for the mastermind than the actual planning and execution of the attack itself.

Lastly, without getting into it too deeply, I am not a great believer that the defense system was disabled. I think our national "failure to imagine" explains all these defense system failures.

However, I do believe the gvmt may have secretly acted to implicate certain Al Qaeda members (correctly or not), and may have even acted to frame that Moussoui fellow. These kinds of actions have been done by police departments and gvmts since the beginning of time.

join