It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals and Emotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
some people claim animals dont experience emotions like humans , but here is proof.

msnbc.msn.com...

this panda became sad when it killed her newborn. i feel bad for her, wish i could give her a bear hug.

im not sure why people claim animals dont feel emotions. they may not be as developed as human emotion, but anyone who owns a dog will probably tell you they can be extremely sad or happy.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If anyone claims that animals don't experience emotions, then they've never had a cat or a dog. Animals also dream. You can see their paws and ears twitch as they dream.

They're not that different than us... just a tad less intelligent.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's really sad. Animals certainly have feelings...I am not sure when people stared to believe that animals didn't have emotions. I think part of it started when the church began to declare that animals were without a soul.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

If anyone claims that animals don't experience emotions, then they've never had a cat or a dog. Animals also dream. You can see their paws and ears twitch as they dream.

I agree anyone that doesn't believe they have emotions has never spent very much time with animals.
Animals defiantly have emotions and rely on them more so than humans do. They operate almost purely on emotions and instinct because they lack the powerful reasoning abilities of humans. Animals also have very good memory.

top topics

join