It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telekinesis Psychokinesis whats the difference?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I could never understand the difference between TK and PK. From some of the people ive talked to, it seems to them that TK and PK are Dramatically different like pyrokinesis and cyrokinesis or somethin. Is it just me or is there a real difference?

In the dictionary these are defined as:

psy·cho·ki·ne·sis (sk-k-nss, -k-)
1. The production or control of motion, especially in inanimate and remote objects, purportedly by the exercise of psychic powers.
2. the power to move something by thinking about it without the application of physical force.

tel·e·ki·ne·sis (tl-k-nss, -k-)
1. The movement of objects by scientifically inexplicable means, as by the exercise of an occult power.
2. the apparent production of motion in objects (as by a spiritualistic medium) without contact or other physical means
3. the power to move something by thinking about it without the application of physical force

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
My guess would be that they essentialy are the same thing,many people have different ways of explaining different things...???

As far as my perspective,telekinesis would be the manipiulation of inanimate objects and surroundings,while psychokinessis would be the manipulation of the mind and other organic substances such as people and animals.

Just my opinion though.

Tor.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Tele = At a distance
Kinesis = Movement

So Telekinesis literally translates to "Movement at a distance"

Psycho means "Soul", so Psychokinesis literally translates to "Soul movement".

But generally, "psychokinesis" applies only to physically moving things with your mind, while telekinesis can mean that, but also relate to mental things like ESP and communicating telepathically.

Parapsychology is an inexact science in that people see things many different ways, and use different words to explain the same thing many times.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
the best answer i can muster [ strictly off the top of my head ]

telekinesis = any means of moving matter remotely , what ever the mechanism you could have a telekesis ray gun , for example

psychokinesis = psychic ability to move matter remotely

as noted , the terms have been interchanged anf mutilated at will ,

its like bases and alkaline compounds , all alkalis are bases , but not all bases are alkaline

thus , all psycho kinesis is telekinesis , but not all telekinesis is psychkinesis .

does this help or is it clouding the issue still further

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They both mean the same thing. Only difference is their spelling.
The word psychokenesis is wayyyy older than the word telekenesis, and was used to describe movement of an object, using the power/will of the mind.
Telekenesis is relatively new & is used to describe the same thing. It was used inplace of pyshokenesis because "tele" means From one to another, t describes movement from place to place & so some people used it opposed to "psycho".

new topics

top topics

join