It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate finds no prewar Saddam-Al Quaida links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON - There's no evidence Saddam Hussein had a relationship with Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and his Al-Qaida associates, according to a Senate report on prewar intelligence on Iraq. Democrats said the report undercuts President Bush's justification for going to war.

Is this possible that anti-war movement gathers momentum? Or is it just pre-election play?
What will be the impact of this report if any?

My take is that the neo-cons seem to be losing power, slowly but steadily. Looks like the "war on terror" might take a whole new turn.
Your opinions please.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by mf2hd]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It pains me to see my fellow Americans being continually and deliberately dense and stupid here. There was never any evidence before the Iraq war, and there isn't now. if anything, Bin laden hated Saddam, and so did many fundementalist Muslims.

yet 5 years later, a third of Americans still believe Saddam had something to do with 9/11, even though the President has conceded that he didn't. What the hell gives?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
what gives?

what gives skadi... is some people will believe whatever they want regardless of anything ...sometimes...

The only link is the one that Bush and company made before the war.. to sell us on it... fact is, they lied thier way into war. They blatantly lied about Saddam. And yet thousands have died for those lies and yet no reprecussions? Hell, not even a sorry.. because they were never sorry for deliberately lying.....again.

Its always this way anymore...deny deny deny then when it gets out they conceed...conceed my ass...start the prosocutions. somebody has to face the fiddler for the lies that have cost us over 2500 American lives since this war started. Its not an accounting error... or even a mistake... it was blatant lying that has killed thousands of people.

[edit on 9/9/2006 by TONE23]

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
If this is the findings of the Senate then something needs to be done about it. Bush needs to be investigated and possibly brought up on charges. Congress is meant to be the balancing act between the president.

If there is not enough support in congress to do something about it I recommend we change that here in the next month or so.

Why are gasoline prices dropping so rapidly after these bloodsuckers hurt the common people so badly with high fuel prices? I am pretty angry about this.

incentive for elections? *spits at these scumbags*

Well kiss it goodbye because I am voting for more power to the opposing party in congress.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
isn't this news really old?

i've always been asking what the connection is, nobody could give an answer

why

don't

we

care!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
isn't this news really old?

i've always been asking what the connection is, nobody could give an answer

why

don't

we

care!

The idea is old, but the news is not. The senate has only just starded declassifying some of the 400 pages of the report. So this in fact is an official confirmation of what everyone was suspecting.

Now, the thing is, is anyone going to fry for falsifying the cause for war? Like one of the people quoted here:
www.democraticunderground.com...
(BTW this is an excellent source for gov. quotes linking Saddam to Al Qaida)

If not then don't you think it creates a climate of unaccountability amongst the policymakers. A kind of I can do or say anything because in the end I am not accountable for it thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Don't kid yourselves - if it wasn't for sites like this and the ability for the governments to see that people are not buying the bull#, this "news" would never have occurred. The mainstream media merely prints what it is told - the truth is in here, NOT out there.

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf2hd
If not then don't you think it creates a climate of unaccountability amongst the policymakers. A kind of I can do or say anything because in the end I am not accountable for it thing.

That is the bottom line here. Who is going to be held accountable? Well if the past five years are any indicator.. the answer is noone. This, to me, is unacceptable.
There are almost 700,000 thousand people in prison for smoking pot.. and these people have lied thier way into a war; where thousands have died! And not a one of them faces any possible charges? Insanity! pure unadulterated insanity...But what would you expect from the govt that brought us quotes like this:

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace." —George W. Bush, June 18, 2002

source: politicalhumor.com

Someone has to be held accountable for the death of over 2500 of our countrymen and women.. who gave their lives... for lies and profit. Surely not for freedom..and that is a something that no prison sentence, for the those that have done this to our nation, can ever satisfy. How do you bring those thousands of Americans back to thier families? How do you truly right these wrongs? According to DC you do nothing at all...!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US Secretary of State
Condoleezza Rice insisted that Al-Qaeda operatives in
Iraq were developing weapons of mass destruction prior to the ousting of
Saddam Hussein.

Rice, giving a series of interviews ahead of the fifth anniversary of the September 11 Al-Qaeda attacks on the United States, brushed aside a recently released US intelligence report saying there was no evidence Saddam's regime was helping Al-Qaeda obtain such arms.

OMG how far can you go into denial? Do they think if they keep saying that black is white it will actually turn white?

new topics

top topics

join