It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August WATS goes to...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
wow, thanks a lot for everyone who voted for me.

You know, and to think that when I saw the wats dissapear from my avatar I thought that i had a conspiracy in the making.

Anyways, even though i shouldn't be responding here to souljah's opinion, here is one of the reasons why i think global warming has nothing to do with human activities.

Current warmth seems to be occurring nearly everywhere at the same time and is largest at high latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere. Over the last 50 years, the largest annual and seasonal warmings have occurred in Alaska, Siberia and the Antarctic Peninsula. Most ocean areas have warmed. Because these areas are remote and far away from major cities, it is clear to climatologists that the warming is not due to the influence of pollution from urban areas.

www.nasa.gov...

Anyone who wants to, is welcomed to post their response in the proper thread.

Anyways, thank you all, i think i got something stuck in my eye... *snif*

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Muaddib, you should explain sometime how you came up with that name?

There are members who are aware of the movie/book, but for others that are not aware of Muad'Dib, the whole concept behind it, and to try to better explain the reason for choosing this name, I guess i will give a short review of what this concept means to me and the reason for choosing this username.

I first became aware of Dune in Spain, when they released the movie "Dune". In the movie, Paul Atreides's father, Duke Leto Atreides I, tells his son, who would later become Muad'Dib, that "the sleeper must awaken." The phrase was put in the movie, but you won't find it in the book.

Anyways, Paul's father is trying to tell his son that he must become stronger, and he must tap the potential each person has to be extraordinary. This concept is the reason why i chose that username.

I do believe that everyone of us has the potential for something greater, and that potential exists in every person.

Everytime i see my username I remember the phrase "the sleeper must awaken", and I guess it reminds me to try to tap into that potential.

BTW, if I remember correctly i think the forums would not accept Muad'Dib, so I chose the username Muaddib.

Hope that helps a bit.

Originally posted by dgtempe
I'm curious...Anyway, where are you? I know you said you were working hard.

I hope all is well.

I am in Wyoming most of the time now. I work from 8-5 pm, except 1 hour the days when I go to lunch, I requested not to be working as a field engineer anymore about 7-8 months ago and since there was an opening in the lab I requested to be transfered, but i keep getting offers to go back to the field, which I don't think I will do. i like having a life, and everything in life is not just money.

Although i do work some weekends, I have most weekends off and use them to have some fun, most of the time. Although pretty soon it will get hectic again for me. I am not sure exactly when, but I will be visiting Calgary, Canada for about 1 week to a month to get some experience with some of the electronic equipment which mwds use in the field in Canada. Then sometime at the end of this year or the beginning of next year I will be going to London for about 5 weeks to 7 weeks to go to school again.

If everything goes as planned, it will be a very busy year next year for me.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is there any reason why the number of votes cannot be posted for the top five finishers? This was done a few times in the past on the site and I think it would be a nice gesture. Also voting should have been close as there was a number of good threads in September and threads were people indicated they were voting for someone but somehow that is all lost now?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yeah whats going on with WATS? Is this a voting procedure or is someone picking the winner whenever they feel appropriate. Maudibb won august, not september. This thread was made right at the beginning of Sept so how does the title seem appropriate to the mods? Who won September and why cant we see a list of top five qualifiers or how many votes we have individually?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ummm... so anyone hear yet about what the deal is with the WATS award this last month? September was announced a month early, and the actual September seems to have been forgotten.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Muaddib really won for October, not September.
The September winner is out there somewhere.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Uh...

Muaddib actually won the August voting.

Jack Tripper won the September voting with a record-breaking 109 member votes.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeah August.
That was what I meant.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

WOW... that's... an instant black-bar in one month... He must be one helluva good poster. Gonna have to look some of his stuff up.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've been searching for this months winner.

109 votes, wow.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I can't seem to find this precise member name.

Any links?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Check this one out loam.

Extremely powerful new clip by 911eyewitness

or

250 Recent Threads by Jack Tripper

[edit on 5-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
WOW... that's... an instant black-bar in one month...

The bars only change color with staff applause.

Anyway, good job Jack...

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you, chissler.

I'll now hunt through some of those.... I always love seeing good stuff.

In any event, congrats to the winner!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So which one of you would like to start a new thread for Jack Tripper and rack up all those “reply” points?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've just started one, but I put it as October.

Should I put it September, and this one be adjusted to August?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I've just started one, but I put it as October.

Should I put it September, and this one be adjusted to August?

Yup, he won it for September.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So to avoid confusion, are we going to adjust the title of this one to show August?

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
So to avoid confusion, are we going to adjust the title of this one to show August?

Good idea.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've been known to have one or two the odd time.

I won't hold my breath for the next one.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join