It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The shaking bed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
When I was married to my first husband, we were moved into military housing. The house we were moved into had been a place of a suicide of one of the military men who was stationed there before we got there. Apparently, his marriage broke down and he couldn't handle it.

It seemed to happen on a regular basis that it felt like somebody was lifting our mattress and throwing back down when we were in bed. We both felt it, and on one occassion witnessed the end of the mattress being picked up and then put down.

When my sister-in-law stayed with us it decided to do the same thing to her. She was sleeping on our sleeper sofa in the spare room. The mattress on the sofabed was rather thin and flimsy. When it happened to her she screamed out. We told her that it happened in our room, too.

Strange thing though, I wasn't frightened by the experience like my ex-husband and his sister. Strange thing it never happened when I was on my own. It mostly happened when my husband was with me. I got the impression that the individual wasn't happy with the way my ex-husband was behaving at the time.

Why he did it to my sister-in-law, I will never know.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is something that I have experienced with increasing frequency recently as I am beginning to fall asleep. It is not unpleasant and lasts only a few seconds (I have wanted it to last longer so that I can work out what is going on). I have thought that it was part of my body/mind natural pre-sleep process. But is does appear to be an actual physical movement of the bed. I hadn’t really pinned it down to side/side or up/down shaking until I started to think about things when reading this thread, and for me it is definitely side to side movement. Last week I was away from home on holiday and it happened, it has also happened when I've stayed at my mum's. Like many other people on this thread I have assumed that it was "just me" - I'm quite intrigued to discover that others have also had this experience and that for some people the occasions on which this happens seems to be increasing.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
when i was in college, my roommate and i had a very small room with a bunkbed and i slept on the bottom. i woke up to thumping music from next door and to my amazement the whole bunk bed was shaking violently (kinda like an unbalanced washing machine on the spin cycle). it felt as if my roommate was jumping on the bed. i kicked him and told him to stop. he yelled at me and asked why i woke him. he thought i causing the bed to shake. for some reason, we thought it was a guys next door with their loud music so he jumped out of bed and asked them to turn it down. i got out of the bed and it shook for another 30 seconds. i didn't think a stereo would cause the bed in the next room to shake that violently! i attributed it to my latent telekinetic powers

a couple days later, while playing videogames, my roommate noticed small red welt on his arm that looked like a "D". we joked that it was the ghost communicating with him because his name is Dustin. it disappeared just as quickly as it appeard.

i've noticed this phenomenon a couple more times after that but it was never as violent as the first time. weird

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Im new just found this thread via google search because I thought I was completely losing my mind in the past few years.
Quick background: 21 years old fairly healthy and active female.

Quite awhile ago I can't remember how long ago this one was. I was in my younger brothers bed on my back trying to sleep. I believe i had been sleeping for quite awhile and felt the bed..shaking literally (as some described...like someone pushing up and down on it to wake you up) I jolted awake it stopped but I couldn't move and couldn't force myself to move. I passed it off and continued with my life (this had to be at least 5-6 years ago).

Then not even 6 months ago while unemployed after taking my siblings to school I would come home to an empty house and try to fall back asleep for an hour. For about 2 weeks straight I couldn't do this because I would lay down and begin to panic but I guess i was so exhausted I'd finaly fall asleep. Only to "wake up" in a senario of violence in my house and me the only one there. There was the one day when I could take a lie detector test and pass it was that real. I was laying there, wide wake and heard men talking in my house and coming near the bedroom I was in, so i closed my eyes because of my "if i cant see you you cant see me complex haha" but then i had to physically force myself to wake back up to make sure everything was ok. And this was just all a dream. I later learned there is a syndrom called "ISP" or isolated sleep paralasys which is exactly how it sounds.

But last night was different laying in bed, my cat on my chest dozing off to sleep the "bed moved" in a shaking manor for a split second. I forced my eyes open cats theere shes not acting any differently but I was scared/paniced. In REM your eyes move and when i forced them open from being in REM i couldn't focus which made me panic more. I went to sleep on the couch no more shaking, no paralasys but just a hightend sense of things from lights, to wind, to rain and my dog breathing. Im NOT ALONE thank goodness!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm glad to know that I am not the only one having this happen. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but my bad shaking has been going off and on now for MANY years and I have actually moved to different towns and now a new country, yet it still happens. I've had brand new beds at least 4 times, so I know nothing is wrong with them. I have lived in apartments and homes, yet there was no major differences there.

-I do note that it only happens after I have been sleeping for either a very short time or after a few hours of sleep, but never when I am wide awake laying or sitting on my bed, watching a movie or reading a book.

-The shaking movings are always side to side and always near the foot of my bed.

-I have experienced many times, but not as often as the bed shaking, the feel as though someone has just sat down at the foot of my bed.

-It seems as though when it happens one night, then it gets really persistent and happens more frequently, then will trail off for a while and not happen at all.

-Sometimes I feel as though it is a mild occurrence and it goes away after just a short bit, but then sometimes it seems more aggressive (not scarily aggressive, but more annoying like it is disturbing your sleep).

Normally, when this happens, I ignore it all for the most part, believing that if it is a spirit or what have you, then they are just let me know they are there. My husband died instantly in 2000 in a motorcycle accident, so in my own little way, I like to believe that he's just letting me know he pops in when he can. Or that if it was another spirit, then what's a harmless lil shake?

Last night or rather around 4am-ish I couldn't sleep a wink, but then I finally dozed off for what seems like barely 10 minutes. The shaking is what woke me up. So I do what I normally do and swish my feet around in my bed as if I'm trying to shoo it away or something. But it kept doing it and I was trying to sleep before the sun started blaring into my window. The room is fully lit from the sun on the horizon, so this time I decide to actually sit up in bed and try to look at the bed and see if I could actually SEE the bed shake and to my surprise, I could. The bed and the blankets were just rocking side to side the whole time I stared at it. So, what do you do? I just sat there and said, "what?" then the shake seemed to lighten, then started back again, so I said, "can you please stop? I'm trying to get some sleep." So, it continued for about minute and then went away.

So that is my bed shaking confession. I've tried to look at it logically and try to think about all the various non-supernatural types of things that can cause it, but since I've had this happen to me in every single place I have ever lived, then I can't see how it can be some kind of natural cause.

That being said, I have had enough experiences throughout my life (quite a laundry list to be exact) even from a very young age, to personally believe in the supernatural. Because when it happens to you, you can't dismiss it.

Thank you all for sharing your similar stories, it is nice to be able to see that there are others out there who experience the same thing. I wonder why everyone, including myself state that they experience the shaking from side to side? I wonder how that may be signifiicant in any way?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I have recently began to experience the shaking bed thing. Only the bed shakes from top to bottom, I noticed everyone says side to side...

I thought it was a ghost, I even thought it was me, but now that I've read the replies here, I'm not sure anymore.

How can you find out which it is for sure?

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not to freak you out, but from all accounts of possession or very strong hauntings I have heard about, they almost always start with the bed shaking/rocking. It normally occurs in the youngest or most vulnerable member of the family. However if your bed has been shaking for 15 years and nothing else has started, it's probably not going to move up at all.

If it's a case of possession, you will then start to notice stuff being moved around and religious artifacts in the house starting to fall off the wall or disappear entirely.

I also think a few people on this thread are referring to the single "falling sensation" rather than the bed actually rocking back and forth several times.

[edit on 7/29/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
...I hear, in my head but yet external, an incredible BANG, like metal hitting metal ... I've felt the bed "shake". I don't think it shakes physically.

The 'bang' thing for me is always the start of a very short hypnogogic dream. Also the weird feeling. I usually think someone's fired off a sidearm, immediately followed by an intense conviction that someone's in the house. The impression is usually that a firearm went off and then I woke up, and I'm "remembering" hearing it - as you say it's never that you hear it directly.

If I hear it in the dream, it's less a bang than a loud hissing sound, like an air line breaking.

Usually about that time I'll twitch and shake the bed. I wake up before the bed quits shaking, so it seems like the bed shook by itself. Lady Bedlam has been awake and seen me do this more than once, and finds it endlessly amusing to mock me. Of course, I have also thwopped her a couple of times during one of these so I owe her one. Or two.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I've told the story here before about the pillow i had and the pillow HAD A HEART BEAT...thump....thump...thump....I threw that sucker away and went and got new pillows and never experienced this
again!!!

You have made my day.

When I was about five, Mom and Dad had a pillow that not only had a heartbeat, it would freakin' BREATHE.

I remember it like it just happened. I think it's about the most horrifying thing I'd ever seen in my life. I was just about asleep, and in Mommy's bed too! The safest place there is, right? Well, like a lot of kids, I could hear my heartbeat in my ears when I laid down. But then I heard another heartbeat. That was sort of weird. I woke up a little and thought about it, and couldn't figure out if that was "normal" or not.

After I while, I noticed that the little crinkly noises you hear for a few seconds when you put your head down...weren't going away. And then I noticed that the pillow was moving..up.

So I sat up and looked at it..and the pillow was breathing. I remember every little white hair on my body standing on end, then the thing started inchworming across the bed and I flew down the hall shrieking at the top of my lungs. I had to inspect the pillows on my bed every night for years, until the ones on my parents' bed were thrown away.

I finally told my Mom why I was afraid of her pillows a couple of years ago. She thought I was making it up. It's a relief to see I'm not the only one with the living pillow from hell.

posted on Jul, 29 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Oh, and for the guys hearing the hiss/buzz/bang and/or the intense vibration part where it feels like you're on a Magic Fingers, congrats! According to the Munroe Institute, you accidentally detached partially from your body. The "bang" is the first separation.

Next, you're supposed to hear someone breathing in your ear. That's you. You're floating about six inches above your body, and you're hearing physical body breathe in your spiritual ear.

I don't think I believe in OBEs, although I've apparently done them a couple of times not intending to. Yes, if it's odd enough I don't believe ME either.

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Tom Beat me to it I guess. But reading all of these accounts on this thread they are almost 100% identical to the thread on here started by the river goddess about consious out of body experiences.

I noticed the pattern in almost all the acounts (less the monster pillows, and lifting mattress) is the same as the OBE reported in other threads.

The vibrations are your inner self or soul vibrating and about to leave your body (something said we do unconsiously at night anyhow Im told). I guess it can be teeth rattling shaking. And as Tom mentioned you may hear yourself or feel a weight on your chest etc as you float out.

I guess some other people see things after comming out etc. the big deal i guess is to be able to do this consiously and willingly. If you are afraid in the least I guess the process halts.

I cant comment any further as to the truths of the above other than to say look at her 74 page thread as it may give you some advice and guidance on what you are going through!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It's great to know that people other than myself have felt this as well. I've felt this for at least seven years, and I've moved twice during this time, leading me to believe that this stems from myself, and not from some strange spirit, as far as I can tell. My experience is that I will be close to sleep, and suddenly my bed will start to shake, as if I am experiencing an earthquake. At this point I become more fully awake, and lay there with my eyes open, waiting for it to pass. I tested to see if it was a physical rather than mental experience by keeping a three foot thin whip-like stick by my bed. As soon as I felt the shaking, I would grab the pole and hold it in my armpit. The pole began to whip back and forth in time with the quaking, leading me to believe it is a physical experience. I experience this about twice a week. I sometimes have a sence of deep forboding that accompanies this feeling, as if I am in danger from forces outside of myself, and I have, in the past, been rooted in my bed with fear. Within the last 2 years I have been able to avoid the fear feelings (mostly) because of my past experience that nothing ever happens beyond the bed shaking, and I usually am able to fall into a peaceful sleep, even after experiencing something I cannot explain. My only hypothisis is that this is a self-inflicted event, and I that I have very slight telekenetic powers that I cannot control. Perhaps on the verge of sleep, these powers are released into my enviroment, and since the bed is the closest object, it begins to shake (which, I've found, is close to the rate of my own heartbeat). I am very interested to hear any factual evidence that may shed light on this strange experience.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
If my bed moved from side to side I would be #ting my pants !

I would be wearing brown pyjamas and have some brown sheets on the bed by now

I heard someone in Wales had something like this. She said hear and her fellah felt it move. I suggested local tremor...they do get them in Wales apparently...but she was adamant that it was of paranormal origin. She has dabbled in majick, ganja, and sheet like that though...

Wish I listened to her story a little more intensely....

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's an interesting occurance.

My grandfather had to move into an old folks set of apartments, following the death of his wife. He was the kind of hard no nonsence bloke who didn't believe in anything spiritual and was of sound mind when the following kept happening.

He complaned that he couldn't sleep at night because someone kept shaking his bed, even though he was alone in the apartment.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I've had the shaking bed a few times...also have had slow scratching on my bed frame, blankets pulled slowly or yanked, my name whispered in my ear to wake me up or in the middle of the night. I once felt something grab me with a firm grip and release a few seconds later... when i was released, my body actually rocked a little. to name a few.
Not cool experiences, left me deeply shaken for quite a while.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Unplugged]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ive experienced similar phenomena since the mid 1990's. I was awakened to the feeling of my bed vibrating. Thinking it might be heavy vehicle or mild earthquake I felt the floor and walls around my bed and felt nothing yet my mattress was indeed vibrating. I then rolled out of bed and sat on the floor for a few mins watching the mattress vibrate.
Since that 1st occurence it has happened with greater regularity but without pattern nor rhyme or reason.
At times it has been significantly more violent in that in one episode it felt as if someone were punching the mattress from the side causing the side to side motion as described by another.
There also have been times when I have not yet fallen off to sleep when it has begun. Always the episodes are short and are not accompanied by any other kind of phenomena.
Has anyone tried to video an occurence that can recommend an appropriate camera to substantiate an occurence on film?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
the shaking bed is not the first time i have heard of this i have experienced it, which ear did you hear the voice in if its your left one go around you house shouting i rebuke any unclean spirits in the name of god and i cleanse this house in the blood of christ and you must be a true believer in god and christ to make it stop but hey its your demon not mine

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Text White

My bed shook lastnight!!! I don't know what to do... should I tell my parents? Im a teen mother n the 1st time I felt it I was pregnant but it was minimal movement n I never paid attention 2 it. Last night was so real and it not only shook but my matress did a kind of wave thing start at the foot. That scared me n I sat up n I heard a soft roar to my right side, where my babys crib is. I turned on the tv and went to her and she was smiling in her sleep. What should I do???? Someone please give me advice! I don't want to tell anyone I know cus they r going to think im crazy n im NOT. I know what I felt n heard. HELP ME WITH ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by micrzy

I've had more than my share of occurences so if yopu'd like to chat/write each other about whats going on I'm more than a sympathetic ear.
[email protected]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I have experienced the same thing, hence, this is the reason why im writing. First and foremost, my religion is non demoniational or christian. I try to live according to God's word, however, i find myself struggling in several areas.
Another experience i had was when something came over me and said you said you would read your study bible--why dont u listen.
I spoke with my pastor and he said you can tell which of these spirtis are God and which one isnt.
My take was that the beds shaking is not of God. I believe the spirits can happen to those who are not living with mixed emotions about a particular situation. I believe when you live a more Godly life, your house is more likely to have peace. Its sooo hard to do the right thing, but i'd rather do the right thing so that i can have peace in my house.....
Im confused about the situation because i remember staying in a different house when i was younger and the lights would turn off and on but that house is thousands of miles from where i stay. im confuuuused

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join