It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comin' Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Been a member for a few days now, so it must be about time to introduce myself. These few days I've used surfing this great site and now start getting to know it.
Well about 5%? of it.

On my way I haven't been able to avoid mingling in the debat, so for a day I was stuck on the OP/ED Bushkrieg: Shock and Awe..., were I was welcomed by subz. Thanx alot pal, appreciate it, already feels at home.

Well, who am I? donnow, but I can tell you that much, I am an old guy from Denmark, who for reasons climatic and political don't like to spend too much of his time there. The fear and hate, the superiority and conceit of the people, my own people are juust getting too much back home.
Like many other western nations we're slowly being transformed into a police state. That issue have been occupying me all day on this site.

Actually it was what brought me to the site, a pending case of terror which Tuesday broke in Denmark. Nothing but a fart against the wind (excuse my expression but it's a translation of a Danish saying). Meaning - like the liquid bombers of England - there is no case, but only the intention to scare people to support even more restricted laws, to undermine their civil liberties.
Does it sound familiar to anyone?

What occupyed me - not all, but - some of the day was contributing the story to ATSNN. Don't know why they not put my name or a reply bottom on it ??!! - maybe it comes - but it's there Suspects Detained in Denmark, about what goes on in my hometown.
As soon I've finished this intro I shall return with more threads on the story. In the proper forum of War On Terrorism.

What else? Oh yeah, I'm old hippie and leftist, who always have been blinded by the light of Americana. You Americans are the best for talking conspiracy. Uh, aint ya?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hi khunmoon,

Welcome to ATS,ATSNN,BTS,P@ATS,tinWiki.orG and Ignorance Denied.

Please take a moment to read the Terms And Conditions Of Use of AboveTopSecret.com, LLP.

Smokin' BQB Threads is the one stop place for all your ATS Board Questions & Business.

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links is the ATS "Users Manual".

Enjoy your time here, and happy posting.

sanctum.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Welcome khunmoon!

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links

Here are some valuable threads from the Board Business and Questions Forum:

Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics)

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

[edit on 2006/9/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Velkommen Khunmoon,
En Lille hilsen fra en dansk/americaner.

I can fallow your description of the Danes, fear, hate, superiority(arrogance) is why we took the big jump and moved.
Jante Loven ( The Law of Jante)
A lot more to that story but this is The Introductions Forum, so Welcome.
Odense er nu en dejlig by.
WIS

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I want to thank everbody for the welcome and warmth I'm getting on this great site.
More than anyone could hope for. Thank you.

A special thank to my fellow Dane, WalkInSilence. Your contribution to 9/11-member stories is so serene, I can only fully agree in the conclusion, really touched me - as your welcome did.

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
I can fallow your description of the Danes, fear, hate, superiority(arrogance) is why we took the big jump and moved.
Jante Loven ( The Law of Jante)
A lot more to that story but this is The Introductions Forum, so Welcome.
WIS

Sounds like a good idea to me, I might pick it up.
Any idea as to which forum the proper one to place it in?
I'm asking as a novice. Haven't been around everywhere yet on this great site.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Welcome and enjoy your long stay here at the great ATS!

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

A special thank to my fellow Dane, WalkInSilence. Your contribution to 9/11-member stories is so serene, I can only fully agree in the conclusion, really touched me - as your welcome did.

Thank You Khun, kind words I'm only a half breed the other and much more prevalent part is Hungarian. And to confuse it all I was born in Philadelphia

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Any idea as to which forum the proper one to place it in?

Sorry Khun but put what idea in where? To immigrate? There is a travel forum in Ignorance Denied, but I would put it in General Chit on BTS, to begin with. Or perhaps in Social Issues on...Hmmm PTS`?
It is not as easy as one would think, to us it has been like moving to Russia, hadn't it been for good friends here and wonderful nature surroundings we would have gone back already. Working conditions here are Terrible compared to Scandinavia.
Ses
WIS

Darn I goofed up the whole quote, again. Sorry DON'T copy me.

[edit on 11-9-2006 by WalkInSilence]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
OK, I don't copy you, but thank you for responding. The wife of a good friend of mine is part Hungarian, very special and bright. Come to think about it, once when I was very young had a Hungarian girlfriend - ages ago.

Talking Hungary, that's what I refer to, as to how Danish people used to treat foreingers. You might be too young to know about 'Ungarnsindsamlingen' in 1956, but nobody hated any just because they didn't eat 'frikadeller' or spoke Danish back then.
Even remember, yes I think it was 5 minutes of silence observed for the fallen in the revolt against the Sovjet lackeys in Budapest. And it was kept, everything literally came to a standstill, the people working, the cars in the street, the trains on the line, everything. Wonder what they did yesterday back home?

Yesterday in this country, Freakland, where I spend most of my time, they didn't commemorate anything. They don't care, have already forgotten, they only care about themselves.
It's a repressiv system, where politics is something that happens while they are busy surviving. It's the reason I don't state its name. Out of fear - yes, I have fears too, we all have - cause I don't want to be gunned down, which is what happens to critics who speak out. Fear of datamining.

No, it's only of reasons economic and climatic, I stay here being a pensioneer. You can't make ends meet as such in Denmark. And, oh yes, I live with a local woman.

So I'm not looking to immigrate to America, I can't work anymore, I can only write, wouldn't make it there.
No, what I was refering to was to start a thread, as you suggested on "The Law of Jante".

I'm still familiarizing with this site, and only this morning I found the BTS forums. So I think I know where to place it now - if I pick it up.
Found a post of yours there in Why is there no Peace Movement.
Don't take me wrong, I don't blame you - donnow if I would march myself today. But I started out 45 years ago in The Nuclear Disarmament Campain (Kampagnen mod Atomvåben) marching.

And I still want to change the world.

Peace and tranquillity
khunmoon

posted on Sep, 16 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And I still want to change the world.

So do I but little by little. I can't afford to be put in jail or marked as a radical, if I where only responsible for myself I would go but I have a family.

WIS

[Mod Edit: Quote trimmed. Here is a link to the BB Code required to quote correctly. Remember too that when posting you can always check your post before submitting with the 'preview Post' button - Jak]

[edit on 17/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks for your kind advice, WIS. I saw your post before it was edited. They left out quite a bit. Hmm!

Sorry my English is not perfect, men bare rolig, I won't quote your special way of quoting.

My advice: Don't use the quote bottoms, they too easily goofs it up. Write the quote tags directly. Simply type the word "quote" inside brackets like these [ ] at the beginning of what you would like to quote, and "/quote" inside same brackets at the end of it.
Looks like this (the asterixs substituting the word quote):

[*****] ... text, bla, bla, bla ... [/*****]

Then you get your quote is seperated in the nice little box. Works perfect.

Yes, I'm not sure were "home" is. When I'm in Denmark I call this place home, and when I'm here I call Denmark home. Still it is the better of the two. The green, green grass of home, you know.

Here's a very good article on Quote Reference

join