It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal? It Really is OK

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
GH,

I like the term, "Realist" and I think I'm going to start our own political party...

Semper

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Ok Semper but who are we going to run for Prez? How about Congress? We need people who are thoughtful and I think not career politicians. Also they need to have the courage of their convictions and not depend on polls to make decisions. So what do think people who would be the dream ticket? Remember this is for the new realist party Semper is going to form.

[edit on 7-10-2006 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I find that it is next to impossible to support or oppose a particular viewpoint without being labeled as a conservative, liberal, Bush-lover, or whatever.

I'm like you, semper, I tend to be conservative but would vote for Lieberman in a heartbeat.

So many threads, people label me as "blindly loyal" to the Bush administration, when all I do is disagree with their point of view. I was just involved in a thread where Jeb Bush was chased by a crowd. So many people thought that was the right thing to do; I disagreed. Yet I was called "anti-liberal", etc. My attempts to say it wasn't political, it was a matter of treating another citizen that way went unheard. In one ear and out the other.

Complain, complain. That's all I do.
But it's very frustrating, esp. when the majority of this board acts that way.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Human nature jsobecky,

I have observed much of it here and in the real world.

People don't like you disagreeing with them. See this presents the idea to them that they may be wrong and LORD knows that can't be....

So the only weapon they have left, especially if their argument is weak, is to ridicule.

I have said it before and I'll say it again....

A closed mind is an empty mind

Semper

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I've always considered myself a liberal, but it seems as though the political spectrum isn't a line, but more of a circle.

Until I started following alt news sources, I was an avid democrat, but then I realized that both sides(parties) agree on too many of the same policies.

I am far too anti-snooping to be a Big Government fan in that respect, but I'm quite far left of moderate when it comes to healthcare, corporations being able to moderate themselves (ala food safety, monopolizing, polluting), and gay marriage.

But...I believe that gay marriage isn't a leftist sort of argument (like the war on drugs) because it's a "government shouldn't tell me what I can do with my body" argument, which is a libertarian argument.

I'm also really worried about religion in politics.

I've realized that my political beliefs are a huge part of who I am, and they don't fit into one party AT ALL. It's a little disconcerting when the MSM doesn't realize that I'm extreme on both ends, if the political spectrum were a line.

Anyhow, I like this thread a lot, thanks for posting.

EDIT: Also anti-war and secrecy
edit on 5/11/2012 by Anonymous404 because: changed

EDITED AGAIN: I would also like to add that I'm in the South. This makes me a political minority and leaves my voice mostly unheard in all elections.
edit on 5/11/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added information

top topics

<< 1   >>

join