It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freezing cold waking up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
OK now this is odd, and not something I've ever experienced- that I can recall-in the past. I have been having some very "eventful" dreams lately extremely lucid, I may talk of them later but for now I'm concerned with my condition when I wake up.

I wake up literally FREEZING cold, shaking from the inside out(for those who've ever been THAT cold) you know what I'm talking about. My home is the same temperature I usually keep it (72 degrees). I was wearing my fleece nightpants and shirt and a jacket and blanket and STILL freezing, shivering, shaking?? It has been taking about 30 minutes to feel 'normal'..also my skin is ice cold.

I'm not ill..very healthy my last full check-up was here recently. So anyone have ANY idea what might be the cause of this?? Like I said my dreams have been *different* so maybe it has something to do with them?? I am clueless people..and thanks for your thoughts in advance!
Mags

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Generally speaking, your physical sensations while dreaming (that is things actually going on in your sensory register, like heat, cold, pain, foreign noises) will enter your dreams, it's unlikely to operate vice versa.

Having said that, the mind does do some interesting things. I can't say why you would wake feeling cold, it's in the circulation, perhaps.

But I cared enough to respond and find out more!

[Edited on 4-11-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes I am aware that having lucid dreams can bring fourth a feeling from the dream state into your waking hour. Like a taste, smell, basically your senses still overcoming the dream experience and all. But I don't feel cold in my dreams..or atleast not this one I just had?

Thank you very much for responding in a caring way. It's not anything I'm majorly concerned about..it just kind of sucks being that damn cold for no apparent reason. It's not everytime I wake up either...

I'm sure I'll figure it out..

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I would also go further to remark on preventative strategies that help overcome any feelings of cold when waking up.

But this is ATS, not Between The Sheets...

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Like keeping the temperature warmer or 'investing' in a very large furry teddy bear?

[Edited on 11/4/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
~If you have quilts, use them. If you leave windows cracked, close them. If you leave your windows exposed at night[verticles/blinds open], cover them. Cold passes through windows in small amounts and can make you pretty cold after it builds up after a night. And another thing, if your hands,feet,or head is cold at all, it's a good way to make your enitre body cold. Don't believe me? test it.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My windows are sealed shut, my home is/stays relatively warm as stated above. It's been rather warm here lately (Indian summer) and I sleep with my comfy thick velvet- like wolf blankie..plus my comforter and you read what I wear..so...those were all taken into consideration prior to even posting this.

*I sleep during the daylight hours as well*

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
My windows are sealed shut, my home is/stays relatively warm as stated above. It's been rather warm here lately (Indian summer) and I sleep with my comfy thick velvet- like wolf blankie..plus my comforter and you read what I wear..so...those were all taken into consideration prior to even posting this.

*I sleep during the daylight hours as well*

~Interesting. But like I stated, do you ever sleep with parts of your body exposed such as your hands,head, and especially feet? If not, could you be sick? Cold flashes?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I DID have a cold a while back..but am over it completely now. I sleep like a cocoon..dead serious, I cover my entire body, head and all with the blanket-always have slept this way.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It could be a result of being completely still for too long. This might cause the coldness upon awakening. The most common effect is usually limbs falling asleep. But maybe it can cause coldness as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ATS = Above the Sheets?

it's in the circulation, perhaps

I would agree here...maybe there's a way that you're laying, that inhibits circulation...with less warm blood going through, could leave you cold...

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I've had times when it has been ice cold in the house but when you go outside it is actually warm....

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I haven't woke up cold in 2 days now!! Infact it's been quite the opposite..maybe it was just some fluke. Or maybe I still had some leftover cold going on I wasn't aware of. Thanks again you guys!
Mags

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by magestica

Dude, I woke last night because I was freezing, and my whole body was shaking and I couldn't control myself. I kept telling my self to relaxe but I was shaking like crazy, I couldn't stop and my body start hurting from shaking so much. I put a sweater on top of my pijama, a fleece jacket and another jack than i cover my self with my big blanket. I was still cold and shaking, my shaking would slow down than start again. I was freezing like that for over 30 mins than it must stop and I felt asleep than I woke up 2 hours later so hot with a bit of sweat going on. I felt hot from 2:30 until I get to work at 6am.

If anyone know what it mean please let me know last time I felt like that was when I had a heatstroke but I was also sick from both end.

susie

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Mind at rest....mind dreams....body at rest....body repairs and rests

Mind has "lucid" dream....body still at rest....mind falsley aware of reality in dream....body functions including circulation "altered" for false purpose by mind....mind tells body to "wake up" because something isn't right.

You wake up feeling cold, or hot etc...

Sounds natural and sounds like a good "override" system to me...If you didn't wake up, who's to say you wouldn't suffer physical damage.

Just a thought

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have also been waking up around 4 oclock every few months. I mean shivering down to my bones. it takes about 20 minutes to warm back up. it is scary. I feel like it may be a ghostly presence. does anyone agree?

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i don't have this problem but i'm trying to search to see what the problem is...because my mom woke up last night shaking uncontrollably. I'm worried for her, she told me she had a nightmare and woke up shaking uncontrollably she was able to get up and turn on the heater so I dunno if this could be a circulation problem? I probably shouldn't be too worried since it only happened once, but I am. I also read that hormones could cause this? Like, a deficient amount or something? She had surgery a while back and her body doesn't produce hormones anymore, so I dunno if that could be the cause. It's getting kinda cold here so it could be just the weather but my dad said it wasn't that cold to be shaking like that. Now, I dunno if I could believe him, cuz he doesn't get too cold too easily. Any idea what this might be?

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I have also been waking up around 4 oclock every few months. I mean shivering down to my bones. it takes about 20 minutes to warm back up. it is scary. I feel like it may be a ghostly presence. does anyone agree?

um, i don't think that's it.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sounds like bad circulation, but it could somehow be linked to your lucid dreams?.... I've done that before, but I don't know what it was. I guess i was sick...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wow, this actually started happening to me too, and I just moved from Wisconsin to Arizona...no way should I be cold.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by magestica

I am having this experience since young, only recently it became too frequent that I decided to search online for clues, thinking it might be a health problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join