It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC's Path to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
At first, based on the title of the series, I was somewhat eager to watch the series. I read some more hype that proclaimed the series to be about the failures of the administration.. sounds juicy

I just found out today, under pressure from Washington, that the movie is taking a very strong political backlash[1]..

"As such, for dramatic and narrative purposes, the film contains fictionalized scenes, composite and representative characters and dialogue and time compression," ABC said.

Executive Producer Marc Platt acknowledged that "there is dramatic license taken" in the docudrama to "render the program effective and accessible for viewers."

"But we do try within the boundaries of what is fair and reasonable to communicate the essence of what occurred (and) the intentions of those individuals involved,"

"We have no intention or desire to be political, to intentionally distort."

So it's true, and you're just emphazing it with some shoddy acting? Or are you completely making it up and trying to sell some fiction? ABC's reply contradicts itself.

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada denounced the five-hour television movie, set to air in two parts on Sunday and Monday nights, as "a work of fiction."

Reid and other leading Senate Democrats wrote to Robert Iger, president and CEO of ABC's corporate parent, the Walt Disney Co., urging him to "cancel this factually inaccurate and deeply misguided program."

Fun fun on the misinformation express!! Woosh Woosh!

So is it, "within the boundaries of what is fair and reasonable to communicate the essence of what occurred (and) the intentions of those individuals involved" or is it a "work of fiction"?

I'm betting a bad fiction, politically motivated, smear campaign that attempts to lay blame of 9/11 on the Democrats for 9/11.. and no doubt a chance to throw out a lot of 9/11 (big bad terrorists!) misinformation.

Whatcha think?

The Reid Letter to ABC
NYT Critic Slams Series
Clinton officials protest 9/11 TV series

[edit on 9/8/2006 by QuietSoul]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
A classic Hollywood hype job. I bet ABC is elated that they have such a hard line against the mini series. Now everyone will watch it. Look at the quote from ABC below. Why put it out there if it's not finished yet. C'mon. . .

news.yahoo.com...

"No one has seen the final version of the film, because the editing process is not yet complete, so criticisms of film specifics are premature and irresponsible," the network said in a statement Thursday.

I think it's premature and irresponsible of THEM to cause such a pre release media frenzy, and basically use the 911 tragedy for ratings. . . And if there are know untruths in the piece, shame on them! Even if it is only intended for hype & planned to change in the finished product. People died. . . It's a dishonor to everyone involved to spin it one way or another just to make money.

edited to correct ex link

[edit on 8-9-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I'm betting a bad fiction, politically motivated, smear campaign that attempts to lay blame of 9/11 on the Democrats for 9/11.. and no doubt a chance to throw out a lot of 9/11 (big bad terrorists!) misinformation.

Whatcha think?

I think you're right on with this also. It would be very convenient with respect to the elections in 8 weeks now wouldn't it. . .

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Absolutely. To me it borders on criminal to take an event like 9/11 which has a number of legitimate questions attached to it (hell, even the co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission are saying the investigation turned-up inconsistencies and obstructions on the part of the government) and politicize and even fictionalize it. If anything I think it reinforces the fact that the government wants to deflect the whole 9/11 issue.

new topics

top topics

join