It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the WTC steel???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Where is the steel from the WTC?

I know, it was all shipped away to China. Nope.
It was all used in a warship called the USS New York. Nope but close.
All of it was donated to cities to build buildings.Nope but closer.
It is so difficult to get a sample according to 9/11 truth movement and others, so I decided to do a scientific experiment, and do 3 things.

Search google
Search ASK
Search MSN

Hey, Mr steve Jones, maybe you can catch a flight here and find some steel that is actually worth testing.

www.ksdk.com...

Amazing, that there are tons and tons of steel, just sitting there. If he was able to find a truss, or another support member, I am sure since it is jsut sitting there, he could request it, correct? This would give better results then a caphalon pot and a acetylene torch....

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Maybe this is where he IS getting his samples? I find it funny how you guys go back to the original sample and call it bunk. Amazing.....let's try and wait until next month when Dr. Jone's paper comes out and is peer reviewed and verified...can we?

BTW, it's a red herring/straw man saying that ALL the steel was shipped to China...we all know that's not the case.

BTW, until the chain of custody is verified....I too do NOT trust this. Just wanted to say.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The steel was donated to build a commercial building.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Can you clue me in with this esdad? I haven't heard this...thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This would give better results then a caphalon pot and a acetylene torch....

I still don't think you understand the point of that experiment. He was showing that aluminum does not appear bright orange/yellow. It appears silvery. When you add burning hydrocarbons, it still appears silvery, except with flaming hydrocarbons here and there.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
it still appears silvery, except with flaming hydrocarbons here and there.

Does it? Cause from what I saw of the links..it still poured out silvery? Maybe I didn't see the whole video?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
No, the aluminum was still all silvery.

All I'm pointing out is those little flames that fell out, totally separately, which were of course the burning hydrocarbons. Like Jones said, they mixed like oil and water.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You are 100% wrong as usual...

Context of 'September 12-October 2001

September 12-October 2001: Steel Debris From WTC Shipped Out of US for Recycling

In the month following 9/11, a significant amount of the steel debris from the WTC collapses is removed from the rubble pile, cut into smaller sections, and either melted at a recycling plant or shipped out of the US. [US Congress, 3/6/2002] Each of the twin towers contained 78,000 tons of recyclable steel. Much of this is shipped to India, China, and other Asian countries, where it will be melted down and reprocessed into new steel products. Asian companies are able to purchase the steel for just $120 per ton, compared, for example, to a usual average price of $150 per ton in China. Industry officials estimate that selling off the steel and other metals from the WTC for recycling could net a few tens of million dollars. [New York Times, 10/9/2001; Reuters, 1/21/2002; Reuters, 1/22/2002; Eastday, 1/24/2002; CorpWatch, 2/6/2002] 9/11 victims’ families and some engineers are angered at the decision to quickly discard the steel, believing it should be examined to help determine how the towers collapsed. A respected fire fighting trade magazine comments, “We are literally treating the steel removed from the site like garbage, not like crucial fire scene evidence.” [Fire Engineering, 1/2002] Rep. Joseph Crowley (D) will later call the loss of this evidence “borderline criminal.” By March 2002, 150 pieces of steel from the WTC debris will have been identified by engineers for use in future investigations (see March 6, 2002). [Federal Emergency Management Agency, 5/1/2002, pp. D-13] A study by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), which commences in August 2002 [National Institute of Standards and Technology, 8/21/2002; Associated Press, 8/21/2002] , will have 236 pieces of recovered steel available to it. Of these, 229 pieces are from WTC 1 and 2, representing “roughly 0.25 percent to 0.5 percent of the 200,000 tons of structural steel used in the construction of the two towers.” [National Institute of Standards and Technology, 9/2005, pp. 85 pdf file] New York Mayor Mike Bloomberg defends the decision to quickly get rid of the WTC steel, saying, “If you want to take a look at the construction methods and the design, that’s in this day and age what computers do. Just looking at a piece of metal generally doesn’t tell you anything.” Officials in the mayor’s office decline to reply to requests by the New York Times regarding who decided to have the steel recycled. [New York Times, 12/25/2001; Eastday, 1/24/2002]

Continued at source...

YOU ARE WRONG..

[Mod Edit: Please review this post Posting work written by others. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 8/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hey, Mr steve Jones, maybe you can catch a flight here and find some steel that is actually worth testing.

He is getting his samples from memorials... aprox. .5% of the original, un smelted steel remains... most controlled by FEMA/NIST the rest is sent for monuments... HOWEVER, when Jones does get samples from monuments you all CRY FOUL anyway, so what is your point?

You are 100% WRONG on almost every point you have made in thtis thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
BTW, it's a red herring/straw man saying that ALL the steel was shipped to China...we all know that's not the case.

BTW, until the chain of custody is verified....I too do NOT trust this. Just wanted to say.

The chain of custody will never be verified to the liking of the opposition, unless FEMMA gives a sample (which will be cleansed) then they will always say "FOUL... NO CHAIN OF CUSTODY".

How do you propose he PROVES chain of custody unless FEMA provides the samples?

FYI - 99.5% of the steel was IMMEDIATELY recycled (effectively destroyed) or sent over seas.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hey Slaps, how can I be wrong if it is there? Nice post, but I am not wrong. The steel is there.

As far as teh Jones test, that is teh most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. To attempt to compare melted aluminum in a pot to the WTC is a joke. Serioulsy. Slaps, 99.5% was NOT DESTROYED, it was all used.

Steel is a very, very hot commodity and it was donated or resold. However, there are 20 TONS of steel rusting in a field.

I like how you linked to NIST too

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Serioulsy. Slaps, 99.5% was NOT DESTROYED, it was all used.

As EVIDENCE it was destroyed. As steel it was recycled.

Do you even bother to READ the governemtn source AGREEING with what I say?

Your boys at the NIST support me on this.

Finally, did you miss the part where I told you that they ARE indeed testing this steel?

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I didn't miss anytihing, and again, you speak in absolutes. I am 100% wrong, no, i do not think so Slaps. I think you just can't stand someone telling you something you may not know or are aware of.

I know they tested the steel.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I didn't miss anytihing, and again, you speak in absolutes. I am 100% wrong, no, i do not think so Slaps. I think you just can't stand someone telling you something you may not know or are aware of.

I know they tested the steel.

Your trite, basless, vague response are getting old.

I have sourced, the NIST, FEMA, NYT, REUTERS, Congressional Record...

I do not even know what the holy crap you are talking about anymore...

"I am not 100% wrong." What does that even mean?

We get it, you believe the NIST...
Most here do not.

You think that this steel solves the "chain of custody" problem...
It does not.

You make crazy ALL INCLUSIVE statements and DO NOT source them:

Why would you DONATE to a COMMERCIAL building? WHAT BUILDING? WHERE?

You think that retaining only .25% of the steel, UNTOUCHED as EVIDENCE is OK...
MOST HERE DO NOT... THE NIST DOES NOT...

I tire of your unsourced BS. [edit to avoid warn]

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Okay, guys, lets not make this personal and derail the subject at hand.

Esdad, I dont think anybody besides those with a penchant of hyperbole actually believed 100% of all steel from the WTC was "destroyed."

We know that the majority was sent off IMMEDIATELY (as in withing days time) sent off to be recycled. This is a criminal investigation, why would you toss away your evidence? In the TWA flight 800 crash they recovered EVERY piece of the plane and stored it in a hanger, yet they didnt save any steel to be looked at when theyre own commission comes in?

This is a crime that killed 3,000 people, each piece of steel is a piece of forensic evidence.

Now obviously not EVERY piece was destroyed, but the majority (only about .5% remains) was, and thats essentially removing evidence from a crime scene.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

As far as teh Jones test, that is teh most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. To attempt to compare melted aluminum in a pot to the WTC is a joke.

Yeah dude, I really don't think you know what you're talking about.

There was molten metal pouring out of the corner of WTC2. It was bright yellow/orange, in broad daylight. Jones claims this is evidence of molten steel, and a thermite reaction. NIST claims it was aluminum. However, aluminum only appears silvery at the temperatures available by fire. Therefore, NIST asserts that the aluminum appeared bright orange because hydrocarbon particles will allow the aluminum to glow orange. Dr. Jones melted aluminum and added hydrocarbon material, and showed that it does not make the aluminum glow orange, and that in fact the hydrocarbons and molten aluminum really don't even mix.

Hopefully that puts that particular experiment into a more definite context for you, since I've noticed from your posts on the topic that you make very vague and general hand-waving references to the whole situation at the WTC, which seems inappropriate.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am sorry, but you can honestly say that heating aluminum in a pot, throwing in some 'reactive materials' and pouring it our are a good test to recreate the molten metal that streamed out of the WTC without laughing, however you discredit constantly NIST and others with their 'inconclusive' tests. I mean, when you heat aluminum, I believe is 'burns' orange, if I remember corretly from chemisty class. When aluminum 'oxidizes' or is mixed with other organic components (desks,computers,office stuff) it does as well, or please correct me if I am wrong. It would oxidize when it met the outside air pouring out to right, which would affect the color.

I am not speaking vaguely, and honsetly and getting tired defending myself when many of you on here feel what you print is god. This is a forum, of ideas, like a think tank, at least that is how I look at it. I do not come and post to convert, i do it to try to understand and read another side. I am sorry you cannot comprehend specific things that are posted or debated but attempting to discredit another is not the course of action to take.

Since I have been asked, BS and slaps, how old are you, what do you do for a living and what is your educational background. Starting to get very curious.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Please don't derail this thread, there's already a thread on thermite being an accident. Just keep this to information pertaining to WHERE the steel went and what happened to it after for resource and information's sake.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Some of it's in London - some is in New Zealand as apparently both countries needed memorials to something that happened 000's of miles away

news.bbc.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join