It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID 's in Plane Tickets to Track Travelers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
www.vnunet.com...
www.theamericanscoop.com...

Talk about a society tracked by every electronic device possible, with RFID's in airline tickets there will be no escape from the grasp of the growing police state, where corporations, and thus the government, track your every move. This one is documented, but I'm hearing of even more similar devices that are in the works.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
watch_the_rocks posted something similar to this, only the chip was in his/her passport.

There is a legitimately noble use for this, but it's got a lot of potential for abuse too. And I'm not trying to be fecitious, but this actually made me lol:

From VNunet link above
The EU-funded project, known as Optag, is intended to help airlines keep track of passengers and help them reach departure gates on time, reducing the risk of missing valuable take-off slots.The system could also be used in places such as theme parks to find lost children, or delegates in large conference centres.

Somehow, I just don't see the EU being that concerned with the world's flying satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astygia

There is a legitimately noble use for this, but it's got a lot of potential for abuse too. And I'm not trying to be fecitious, but this actually made me lol:

This technology could negatively affect more people than anyone could ever imagine. I can think of thousands of ways this technology could be abused and hacked to do black hat bididng. You could easily be tracked and wronged. Whether in a passport, an airline ticket, a US national ID card, or credit card, it can be hacked and or read by people who should not be reading them. You can also be discriminated against in a variety of ways too numerous to mention here.

I see no different between this and an alphanumeric tattoo on everyones arm, hand, or forehead.

As far as the noble use for this is concerned, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." - Karl Marx

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Does this include E-Tickets?

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif

Does this include E-Tickets?

Since you don't have an RFID chip into your printer paper at home, you would probably have to exchange your e-ticket at the airport for a boarding pass, it would be in the boarding pass, which would be required for entry onto the aircraft.

I really can't see why RFID would be needed in the boarding pass unless it was used to ID the deceased passengers of an crash. I am sure someone could say that there are counterfeit boarding passes out there, but RFID can be hacked and counterfeited, too.

Someone who has nothing to do with the airlines could easily scan for RFID as they entered the doors and capture the data. They could know everything which is encoded into the chip. This is why this is bad to have it in money. if it was put inside money, someone could easily know how much money you have on your person and could easily target those with a lot on them. You might as well have a huge sign on you that says "come victimize me and take my money."

If it was installed in passports or national IDs, you could easily be identified...by people who would do you harm.

top topics

join